Bye-Bye Billy Boy

Guest Coin Contributor

Guest Coin Contributor

Check it out...

Ex-official: I stole from Harrison

Friday, June 22, 2007

By BERNETTE PEARSON

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Former Harrison Superintendent of Public Works William Tanski, who was accused of taking nearly $100,000 in coins from the town's parking meters, has pleaded guilty to theft and official misconduct, said Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Salvatore Rozzi.

Tanski, 46, of Bayville, was arrested on May 1, 2006, and was released after posting $75,000 in bail. He pleaded guilty Wednesday and likely faces three years in prison, said Rozzi.

Tanski was caught after he retired three years ago and town cops noticed a jump in the amount of coins collected from street parking meters. He had been in charge of depositing the coins in the town's account.

He is scheduled to be sentenced on Aug. 17.

Who's next??? Big Ray?? ******?? Let's see, it will all come out

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Check it out...

Ex-official: I stole from Harrison

Friday, June 22, 2007

By BERNETTE PEARSON

JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Former Harrison Superintendent of Public Works William Tanski, who was accused of taking nearly $100,000 in coins from the town's parking meters, has pleaded guilty to theft and official misconduct, said Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Salvatore Rozzi.

Tanski, 46, of Bayville, was arrested on May 1, 2006, and was released after posting $75,000 in bail. He pleaded guilty Wednesday and likely faces three years in prison, said Rozzi.

Tanski was caught after he retired three years ago and town cops noticed a jump in the amount of coins collected from street parking meters. He had been in charge of depositing the coins in the town's account.

He is scheduled to be sentenced on Aug. 17.

Who's next??? Big Ray?? ******?? Let's see, it will all come out

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Billy is a hell of a guy. He has and will pay the price for his mistaken deeds.

I still like him. He was always there for all.

Hang in there Billy.

A Friend

Guest Guest

Billy was, is and will be a great guy. Regardless of what happened with the coin collection miscue. Stuff happens and consequences follow and life goes on. I'm not a friend just a resident who always had a great experience when dealing with the guy. He did his job, showed a lot of love for this town and treated you with the respect anyone and everyone deserves. He could have given the town away and I would still think the same. When his debt is paid I hope that sharp pain in his back gets taken care of. Love ya Billy, keep the faith.

Guest Guest
Billy was, is and will be a great guy.  Regardless of what happened with the coin collection miscue.  Stuff happens and consequences follow and life goes on. I'm not a friend just a resident who always had a great experience when dealing with the guy.  He did his job, showed a lot of love for this town and treated you with the respect anyone and everyone deserves.  He could have given the town away and I would still think the same.  When his debt is paid I hope that sharp pain in his back gets taken care of.  Love ya Billy, keep the faith.

"Stuff happens"! What a great excuse. :D

Guest Guest
Billy was, is and will be a great guy.  Regardless of what happened with the coin collection miscue.  Stuff happens and consequences follow and life goes on. I'm not a friend just a resident who always had a great experience when dealing with the guy.  He did his job, showed a lot of love for this town and treated you with the respect anyone and everyone deserves.  He could have given the town away and I would still think the same.  When his debt is paid I hope that sharp pain in his back gets taken care of.  Love ya Billy, keep the faith.

Dito To That, He Is A Great Guy And Has A wonderful Family. Hang In Their Tanski Family Stay Strong ....You are a Great bunch of People And are one of the few Families that Knew How to treat People no matter who They were......Good Luck Mr. Tanski.......

Dito To That, He Is A Great Guy And Has A wonderful Family. Hang In Their Tanski Family Stay Strong ....You are  a Great bunch of People  And are one of the few Families that Knew How to treat People no matter who They were......Good Luck Mr. Tanski.......

Theft and corruption honored.............Hudson County style!

Are all the Hudson county stolen birth certs on your "good luck, god bless" list too?

Dito To That, He Is A Great Guy And Has A wonderful Family. Hang In Their Tanski Family Stay Strong ....You are  a Great bunch of People  And are one of the few Families that Knew How to treat People no matter who They were......Good Luck Mr. Tanski.......

Family --stay strong.

As for William Tanski-

You didn't get what you deserved.

Rip off the taxpayer when you are making 100,000 + in this dirtwater town - you should be thankful for plea bargains.

Bye the way--- did you get to keep that fat 60% pension????????????

Guest GUEST
Family --stay strong.

As for William Tanski-

You didn't get what you deserved.

Rip off the taxpayer when you are making 100,000 + in this dirtwater town - you should be thankful for plea bargains.

Bye the way--- did you get to keep that fat 60% pension????????????

a 60% OF A 100+ SALARY, gives him at least $70,000 OR MORE PER YR FOR LIFE. LOSING THAT AMOUNT OF YEARLY LIFETIME PENSION WOULD BE A PUNISHMENT 50 TIMES GREATER THAN 3-5 YRS IN JAIL.

"PLEASE, PLEASE, jAIL TIME OK, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T TAKE THE PENSION", SAYS HE.

Guest guest
a 60% OF A 100+ SALARY, gives him at least $70,000  OR  MORE PER YR FOR LIFE.    LOSING THAT AMOUNT OF YEARLY LIFETIME PENSION WOULD BE A PUNISHMENT  50 TIMES GREATER THAN 3-5 YRS IN JAIL.

"PLEASE, PLEASE, jAIL TIME OK, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T TAKE THE PENSION", SAYS HE.

I think the sentence was a little harsh. If he's never been in trouble before he should have to pay the money back and get probation. People go away for violent crimes and don't serve that long. And does anyone out there really think he was the only one dipping?

I think the sentence was a little harsh. If he's never been in trouble before he should have to pay the money back and get probation.  People go away for violent crimes and don't serve that long.  And does anyone out there really think he was the only one dipping?

A little harsh?

YOUR punishment guidelines will guarantee GENERATIONS of parasites willing to take their criminal chances upon the public teet.

Guest Guest

In Somerset county they indict you for stealing a nutrition bar, he'll probably get more time than Tansky is getting.

Is it part of the deal that Tansky has to pay back the $100,000 in quarters? Does he have to pay it in quarters or can he write a check? Maybe the Mayor can do a fundraiser for him. After all Tansky was his close buddy.

I noticed that the Hudson County Prosecutor didn't make a statement about the case he sent his deputy. I guess in Hudson County political corruption is not important.

Guest Guest
Stuff didn't "just happen" sizzle chits!

Now sit down and try to think about it.

wow you are one seriously stupid rockhead. read the post entirely and think through the lines 3rd grade. don't hurt your head you might need it one day.

Guest guest
A little harsh?

YOUR punishment guidelines will guarantee GENERATIONS of parasites willing to take their criminal chances upon the public teet.

I understand your point and don't disagree with you. My problem is how much taxpayers have to pay for that. (He's not a violent criminal nor is he a threat to anyone) Wouldn't paying back the money and community service for that length of time hurt him more?

I understand your point and don't disagree with you.  My problem is how much taxpayers have to pay for that.  (He's not a violent criminal nor is he a threat to anyone) Wouldn't paying back the money and community service for that length of time hurt him more?

Seize back the stolen cash from the criminal's estate and bust him of his pension. Put him in jail for three to five, even longer so he can write poetry about his misdeeds to those that would follow his crimes.

Concerned about the criminal's family? The colateral harm to the criminal's family ROSE from the criminal's brazen decision to steal from the public, not the justice system that is created to address such deviates.

I don't know what you mean about the "taxpayers have to pay for that"...........the taxpayers SHOULD NOT have to pay a pension to a thieving criminal and certainly not to such a BOLD one.

The big picture beckons. Until these appropriate punishments take place commonly, leagues of graft/theft sucking public officials will take their fortuitous chances long after you and I are dead.

From all I have seen in my 53 years, the justice trend is to go soft on those that violate the public trust they've been granted, so that today we have everyone trying to be the next Kenny Boy Lay fearlessly. My grandchildren and yours deserve a better future than that in our nation.

If we did what I outline, maybe in the midnight hour of intimate marital nuzzling the potential public trust criminal's wife will say.......no darling, don't do it.....it's not worth it........

Guest Guest

he should forfeit his pention as part of justice to the public he has betrayed, and if our mayor and councilman don't do anything to punish this vermin for what he has done then they should all be replaced in all future election and i mean ALL of them.

Guest Guest
wow you are one seriously stupid rockhead.  read the post entirely and think through the lines 3rd grade.  don't hurt your head you might need it one day.

Nice grammar. What are you trying to say?

Are you trying to say that stealing is ok as long as you can come up with an excuse?

Guest Guest
he should forfeit his pention as part of  justice to the public he has betrayed, and if our mayor and councilman don't do anything to punish this vermin for what he has done then they should all be replaced in all future election and i mean ALL of them.

Were thinking about having a going away party for poor Billy at the Polish National the first week of September. Anyone want to go?

Guest Guest
Nice grammar.  What are you trying to say?

Are you trying to say that stealing is ok as long as you can come up with an excuse?

Good retort. (Notice please the capitalization at the beginning of the sentence.) Does this satisfy your grammar concerns?

You must really try to concentrate, then read the reply again. Take it nice and s-l-o-w this time.

Guest Guest
Good retort.  (Notice please the capitalization at the beginning of the sentence.) Does this satisfy your grammar concerns?

You must really try to concentrate, then read the reply again. Take it nice and s-l-o-w this time.

"Stuff happens"

Once again, so that even you can understand. Stuff didn't just happen. Mr. T puposefully set out to rob the community. He was greedy and looking to pad an already generous salary. Hopefully a judge will consider this and punish him.

Guest Guest
Were thinking about having a going away party for poor Billy at the Polish National the first week of September. Anyone want to go?

I think that we should have a fundraiser for Billy so he can pay back that loan he ook for 100K. That way he doesn't have to go away.