Board of Ed Elections

Guest Election Eddie

Guest Guest
The Mayor and Council will address this budget defeat as we always do; with concern for both the taxpayer and the quality of education.  It is probably one of the most difficult jobs we have to tackle as a governing body, and frankly I wish we had an electorate that would not pass it on to us.

Please don't worry about my Mom.  She lives in my house.  Therefore it is I who will be effected by the decisions made by the Mayor and Council.  Trust me, I am not excited by the prospect of raising my own taxes.

Yes, now the Santosians will get done in a few hours what the BOE failed to do in a year.

What really amazes me is that you would back the very same people for BOE that have failed to produce a passable budget for seven years straight.

I guess the mayor has to lay the blame for the rising taxes somewhere.

Hey A. Realist, start looking in your mailbox for the Santosian mailer. Now we're really talking about a tacky mailing that should upset the public.

Guest A. Realist
Hey A. Realist, start looking in your mailbox for the Santosian mailer.  Now we're really talking about a tacky mailing that should upset the public.

I await Super Santos' mailer with bated breath. I always enjoy reading a well written, comprehensive, and above all HONEST, piece of literature. Big Al is a class act, never tacky!

They threw twigs and sticks and an occasional stone,

But the noble young King, they could not dethrone.

They ranted and raved about bringing him down,

But no one could beat him in ye olde Kearny Town!

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!

Guest Guest
I await Super Santos' mailer with bated breath. I always enjoy reading a well written, comprehensive, and above all HONEST, piece of literature. Big Al is a class act, never tacky!

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!

I see him as more "Prince-like".

:rolleyes::angry:

I see him as more "Prince-like".

guest what are you doing?do you live in kearny or harrison?you are all over the board!you must want a new job " mayor ?gov?or you are just a trouble maker!!!~

Guest Studies and Observations
:blink:  :blink:

guest what are you doing?do you live in kearny or harrison?you are all over the board!you must want a new job " mayor ?gov?or you are just a trouble maker!!!~

Anyone who just puts a post in without choosing a name first is defaulted as "Guest" old....Kind of new to this whole internet thing huh????

:blink:

Anyone who just puts a post in without choosing a name first is defaulted as "Guest" old....Kind of new to this whole internet thing huh????

ya must be!!!! but i still think im right!

Guest Guest

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!

this has to be the ****** response I've ever read. who are you. *** *****?

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest A. Realist
this has to be the ****** response I've ever read. who are you. *** *****?

KOTW Note:  The above post was edited for content.

Golly,gee! Wish I knew what you said so I could respond. Here's a suggestion--I always edit my own posts. It saves a lot of embarrassment.

Who am I? Who am I? Hmm. I've been working on that one my whole life. If you figure it out before I do, let me know.

Councilwoman Sherry could you please let all us readers know when the joint meeting will be between the Mayor and Council and the Board of Education to decide the final amount of money that the budget will be for 2005/2006.  I would like to attend this meeting. Thank you!!!!!

It appears that the joint session of the BOE and the Council will take place on 5/17/05 at Town Hall at 6:00pm. Prior to that, both finance comittees will be meeting with their respective auditors. Please check the newspapers for any changes that might occur in scheduling.

Another meeting that should be of interest is the continuation of the Zoning Board hearing of Talbot Hall's application for extention of their facility in South Kearny by adding another building. The initial application was presented last night and Mr. Clancy, the owner of the facility tap danced around the type of inmates who would be treated. I believe the follow-up date is Tuesday 7/5/05. Again check the web-site or newspapers for any changes in the agenda.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest A. Realist
Councilwoman Sherry could you please let all us readers know when the joint meeting will be between the Mayor and Council and the Board of Education to decide the final amount of money that the budget will be for 2005/2006.  I would like to attend this meeting. Thank you!!!!!

The meeting date for the resolution of the defeated school budget was advertised in the newspapers as prescribed by law, posted on the bulletin boards in the Town Hall and Board of Education and I believe by Sherry on this board. I heard that a handful of teachers and ONE parent from Washington School, showed up. I was told that not even all of the Board members were present. The only speaker was the KHS principal. So much for all your feigned righteous indignation.

Guest Guest
The meeting date for the resolution of the defeated school budget was advertised in the newspapers as prescribed by law, posted on the bulletin boards in the Town Hall and Board of Education and I believe by Sherry on this board. I heard that a handful of teachers and ONE parent from Washington School, showed up. I was told that not even all of the Board members were present. The only speaker was the KHS principal. So much for all your feigned righteous indignation.

Is this true? I voted for the budget but would not have been mad if a little got shaved off but why weren't the people who were complaining about the budget at the meeting. How about the unsuccessful BOE candidates, were they there or don't they care now that they lost ?

Guest Guest

No one will really complain until they get their tax bill. By the way, since you seem informed, just how much money did the governing body shave off the defeated budget? Thanks

Guest A. Realist
No one will really complain until they get their tax bill.  By the way, since you seem informed, just how much money did the governing body shave off the defeated budget? Thanks

That's my point----there are open public meetings and no one shows; but they complain like hell and blame everyone else when the decision is made without them.

To answer your question, the budget was decreased by about $800,000.00. I haven't figured out yet what that means to the municipal budget 'cause I don't much care. I ain't complaining and I ain't moving out!

Guest sumofitall
No one will really complain until they get their tax bill.  By the way, since you seem informed, just how much money did the governing body shave off the defeated budget? Thanks

How much did they shave off?

The amount agreed upon befor the election, that's how much. It's all a big game and people know it. Soon no one will come out to vote in the school board elections because they know their votes don't count.

Guest Curious

The amount agreed upon BEFORE the election? Really, on what do you base that (& I use the term loosely) "fact"? Or is this just another accusation with absolutely no credibility behind it?

How much did they shave off?

The amount agreed upon befor the election, that's how much. It's all a big game and people know it. Soon no one will come out to vote in the school board elections because they know their votes don't count.

Archived