We're in the news again

ElectLisaPezzolaForMayor

Guest Dr Pepper
As we have already seen in the past, this is wholly irrelevant to the accusations, since the accusations have nothing to do with what kind of teacher she is.

And the accusations against Dr Mengele neither prove or disprove his fitness as a physician?

And according to Paul and Strifey the good doctor doesn't belong in hell either.

No one "belongs" in hell (if such a place exists, which I seriously doubt), because no one can do anything in one measly lifetime to merit ETERNAL punishment. Do you have any idea the meaning of the word "eternal?" Trillions upon trillions of millenia, and you haven't even come close to beginning eternity.

Not to mention that such torment with no hope of redemption is ultimately pointless, serving no purpose other than petty vengeance. And what is the point of vengeance against the dead? It's not a rhetorical question--I really want to know.

Guest Paul
No one "belongs" in hell (if such a place exists, which I seriously doubt), because no one can do anything in one measly lifetime to merit ETERNAL punishment. Do you have any idea the meaning of the word "eternal?" Trillions upon trillions of millenia, and you haven't even come close to beginning eternity.

Not to mention that such torment with no hope of redemption is ultimately pointless, serving no purpose other than petty vengeance. And what is the point of vengeance against the dead? It's not a rhetorical question--I really want to know.

It's a great question. They won't give you a straight answer. They'll probably continue to ignore it. If they don't think about it, it doesn't exist.

See how simple and how perfect and how unassailable their world is?

Guest Guest

I can't believe that a person in an authoritative capacity allegedly slept with several students, hit on a couple more, and this thread is back to Paul leClair and God. I'm sorry, but with my teenage child, I can counter anything a teacher says during the day with my own beliefs (part of parenting I think). But if she grabs his ass on the way out the door, I'm pretty much defenseless. But it seems here as long as no one mentions God in class, hit on all the teachers you want. Glad I can afford private schools.

I can't believe that a person in an authoritative capacity allegedly slept with several students, hit on a couple more, and this thread is back to Paul leClair and God.

It only took six posts for some guest to hijack the thread so that they could whine about Matthew: http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...indpost&p=57224

The same happens in several other unrelated threads. They just can't let it go, apparently.

Guest Paul
It only took six posts for some guest to hijack the thread so that they could whine about Matthew: http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...indpost&p=57224

The same happens in several other unrelated threads. They just can't let it go, apparently.

We got under their skin. I consider it a compliment to Matt. He was effective, and that's why they're so angry.

Guest Guest
We got under their skin. I consider it a compliment to Matt. He was effective, and that's why they're so angry.

I thought this was about saving society from the evil Mr. P. I guess it was just about Matt's and Paul's ego.

I thought this was about saving society from the evil Mr. P.  I guess it was just about Matt's and Paul's ego.

To me, Paul saying that they got under their skin is compatible with saving the Kearny schools and the children from Mr. P's religious propaganda and proselytizing. It means that Matthew was effective. That's why Mr P's clique is so upset.

The church is the appropriate place for pushing religious doctrine.

Sad that some push their doctrine in other peoples face and expect their doctrine to take precedence over your beliefs. They are saying "replace your worthless beliefs and accept our superior doctrine". And if you question them or resist in any way, then you're accused of being ignorant, of being deluded by evil influence or of persecuting them.

Guest Guest
To me, Paul saying that they got under their skin is compatible with saving the Kearny schools and the children from Mr. P's religious propaganda and proselytizing. It means that Matthew was effective. That's why Mr P's clique is so upset.

The church is the appropriate place for pushing religious doctrine.

Sad that some push their doctrine in other peoples face and expect their doctrine to take precedence over your beliefs. They are saying "replace your worthless beliefs and accept our superior doctrine". And if you question them or resist in any way, then you're accused of being ignorant, of being deluded by evil influence or of persecuting them.

And if they can't shut you up, they ask someone else to do it for them.

I hate to say this about anyone, but they're disgusting.

• 2 months later...