THE KEARNY OBSERVER

ElectLisaPezzolaForMayor

Did anyone have the opportunity to read this week's Observer yet? The content was poor, and by all indications, it wasn't proofread prior to being printed. My question is, who the hell is Monica Curry, Walter Elliot, and Michael McDonnell? An even better question is where is the editor, Tony Attrino, this week? Even the website edition of the Observer is similarly subpar. There are a few dead links, etc..

As you all know, I am a loyal fan of this newspaper, but if these sudden changes aren't soon rectified, I believe that this paper will be history. I know that employees are entitled to take their vacation, sick, and personal time, but there should be temporary replacements put in place that will provide the same quality reporting, and not the trash that was scrambled together this week. Lisa, you've really let me down. Your "Booster Seat" column can't be described in any other word aside from AWFUL. Hopefully next week we won't all have to face the same debauchery of the english language published all over your paper.

http://www.theobserver.com/currentissue/opinion.shtml

Booster Seats

Signs of a break in the weather showed this passed weekend, and in the coming weeks ahead family's will pile into the car and begin traveling to their summer vacation getaways in the mountains or to the Jersey shore.

Think twice before the kids and a few friends snuggle in for the journey.

New Jersey was the only state that has enacted a law requiring proper restraints for kids, children under age eight or weighing less than 80 pounds are required to be in a booster seat, in the rear of the vehicle.

Passengers over age eight under 18 and parents as well are required to be in a seat belt anywhere in the vehicle.

This pass weekend New York state will be enforcing the law. What they’re going to do is that they will be adding a $100 fine and three points will be issued to their license. Each state is different so in your travels find out the law in that state.

Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death of children over the age of six months in the United States. The proper use of child car seats is one of the simplest and most effective methods available for protecting the lives of our young children in the event of a motor vehicle crash.

What's the difference between a car seat and a booster seat? The harnesses in car seats are built in, and it's designed for a younger child. A booster seat relies on the seat belt system of the car, and is designed for an older child, under the law, it allows police to ticket drivers for each child not using such seats.

National statistics reveal that approximately 90% of all child passenger safety seats are installed improperly and could increase the chances that a child could suffer death or serious injury in the event of a motor vehicle crash.

So an interesting thought just went through my head as I write about this subject. When your standing waiting for your child's school bus to pick him/or her up for school or to take a school trip do you wonder if buses have seat belts? When I'm traveling the Garden State Parkway buses are speeding pass with happy little faces making silly signs or yelling out the window. My answer is I don't think they have a seat belt on. Why?

Guest Lisa's lapdog is back!

Once again, another stupid post by the Lisa poster. You are not amusing and quite annoying. Let's see how many people respond to your stupid post. Do us all a favor and go pi$$ off! ;):angry::angry:

Did anyone have the opportunity to read this week's Observer yet?  The content was poor, and by all indications, it wasn't proofread prior to being printed.  My question is, who the hell is Monica Curry, Walter Elliot, and Michael McDonnell?  An even better question is where is the editor, Tony Attrino, this week?  Even the website edition of the Observer is similarly subpar.  There are a few dead links, etc..     

As you all know, I am a loyal fan of this newspaper, but if these sudden changes aren't soon rectified, I believe that this paper will be history.  I know that employees are entitled to take their vacation, sick, and personal time, but there should be temporary replacements put in place that will provide the same quality reporting, and not the trash that was scrambled together this week.  Lisa, you've really let me down.  Your "Booster Seat"  column can't be described in any other word aside from AWFUL.  Hopefully next week we won't all have to face the same debauchery of the english language published all over your paper.

http://www.theobserver.com/currentissue/opinion.shtml

Booster Seats

Signs of a break in the weather showed this passed weekend, and in the coming weeks ahead family's will pile into the car and begin traveling to their summer vacation getaways in the mountains or to the Jersey shore.

Think twice before the kids and a few friends snuggle in for the journey.

New Jersey was the only state that has enacted a law requiring proper restraints for kids, children under age eight or weighing less than 80 pounds are required to be in a booster seat, in the rear of the vehicle.

Passengers over age eight under 18 and parents as well  are required to be in a seat belt anywhere in the vehicle.

This pass weekend New York state will be enforcing the law.  What they’re going to do is that they will be adding a $100 fine and three points will be issued to their license. Each state is different so in your travels find out the law in that state.

Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death of children over the age of six months in the United States. The proper use of child car seats is one of the simplest and most effective methods available for protecting the lives of our young children in the event of a motor vehicle crash.

What's the difference between a car seat and a booster seat? The harnesses in  car seats are built in, and it's designed for a younger child. A booster seat relies on the seat belt system of the car, and is designed for an older child, under the law, it allows police to ticket drivers for each child not using such seats.

National statistics reveal that approximately 90% of all child passenger safety seats are installed improperly and could increase the chances that a child could suffer death or serious injury in the event of a motor vehicle crash.

So an interesting thought just went through my head as I write about this subject. When your standing waiting for your child's school bus to pick him/or her up for school or to take a school trip do you wonder if buses have seat belts? When I'm traveling the Garden State Parkway buses are speeding pass with happy little faces making silly signs or yelling out the window. My answer is I don't think they have a seat belt on. Why?

;) I have a child that is 13 teen she is under 80 pounds if you thunk I am going to put her in a booster you are out of you minds

Guest Kelly Clarkson

I think The Observer, should put the police blotter in the paper like they used to do. So the town can see what local hoodlums get arrested each week or weekly. Thats always fun to read!

Guest Guest

YOu have so many complaints but next time you should spell check what you post..you have nothing better to do???Why dont you check YOUR post now and see how you did..

:angry: I have a child that is 13 teen she is under 80 pounds if you thunk I am going to put her in a booster  you are out of you minds

• 4 years later...

Holy thread resurrection.

Great news, I'm back you all!

As for the last "guest" who commented on this thread before today, please do not attack the woman's grammar skills because she is *** ** *** ******* as you'd like to believe that you are and does not believe that *** ****** ** **** *** ***** needs to ** ** * *** ****.

nice, necroing a 4 year old thread

i like to use copies of The Observer as wee wee pads for my dogs...

they really love to "go" all over it!!

i have no use for it otherwise...except to laugh my ass off at Lisa Pezolla's

insane column.

It's been over 4 years since I wrote the original entry in this thread regarding the impending demise of The Observer and it's sad to reflect back and see that it was only the beginning. The "bad" writing has just continued to get a hell of a lot worse since then. For those of you using The Observer as wee wee pads for your dogs or to line your parakeet poop tray, I salute you.

It's been over 4 years since I wrote the original entry in this thread regarding the impending demise of The Observer and it's sad to reflect back and see that it was only the beginning. The "bad" writing has just continued to get a hell of a lot worse since then. For those of you using The Observer as wee wee pads for your dogs or to line your parakeet poop tray, I salute you.

It really is amazing how bad this "newspaper" is. There's a local election - they don't cover it. There are arrests in a major criminal case - they don't cover it. Much of what they do publish could have been written by a sixth-grader. It's ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more. The Kentucky Cares story this week was one of the most self-congratulatory and "kiss-your-boss's-butt" articles that I have ever seen in my life. There should be a way to write the story and highlight the locals who made it happen without going into excruciating detail about how Lisa P. actually had to work late and buy pizzas. Someone should clue her in that the most respected philanthropists are those who do good things because it is the right thing to do but who require little fanfare or recognition. If you make a big deal about the one good thing you do during the year, it kind of highlights that you don't do much the rest of the time. Kind of sad.

Can a real journalist please take over this newspaper?

I couldn't agree more. The Kentucky Cares story this week was one of the most self-congratulatory and "kiss-your-boss's-butt" articles that I have ever seen in my life. There should be a way to write the story and highlight the locals who made it happen without going into excruciating detail about how Lisa P. actually had to work late and buy pizzas. Someone should clue her in that the most respected philanthropists are those who do good things because it is the right thing to do but who require little fanfare or recognition. If you make a big deal about the one good thing you do during the year, it kind of highlights that you don't do much the rest of the time. Kind of sad.

Can a real journalist please take over this newspaper?

Yes, please! The Observer has become a total disgrace. They used to have a real journalist years back, more than just one actually. Wonder where they are now and if they'd come back. By the way, they could both spell properly.

Guest Barney from Kearny
Yes, please! The Observer has become a total disgrace. They used to have a real journalist years back, more than just one actually. Wonder where they are now and if they'd come back. By the way, they could both spell properly.

Bring back Geoff Burt!!! He was a beauty.

Archived