MetroStars

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*

In the Kearny Journal, the MetroStar president is frustrated that the state will not back up his financially unsound Stadium in Harrison. He convinced the stupid Mayor and "Everyone Says Yes Mayor Or I Lose My Job Redevelopment Board" that the project makes financial sense but Governor Codey (thank God for Governor Codey) said this makes no financial sense and stopped the deal. Who will be holding the bag if the MetroStars go under? The Harrison taxpayers. If the MetroSTars want to build a stadium why don't its billionaire (yes billionaire not millionaire) owners put up the extra cash that they want the state and/or county to bond for. Better yet if they believe in the project so much why don't they just pay cash to build the stadium. Why because it makes no financial sense. They are not stupid and the Acting Governor is not stupid. Only Mayor McDumber could have Peter Higgins convince him that the Stadium is a good deal. The Redevelopment Board is an illegal board that should be disbanded by the STate legislature. It is stiffling the economic growth of Harrison.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Michael Hinchcliffe

Dear Publisher:

If anyone out there has read a paper lately, they know that the politicians in Harrison are about to screw up and mismanage yet another deal in Harrison. Our mayor’s love for the Metrostars has jeopardized an entire redevelopment project. I have learned that many of the developers who the town has signed on to redevelop Harrison can’t even afford to complete the project without the stadium money that was to be provided by Hudson County. The mayor’s great idea to keep the stadium was to get the state involved. The state would then build the stadium and parking deck which Harrison would reap no benefit from.

The plan for redevelopment needs to be aborted. It provides nothing beneficial to the people of Harrison. This residentially based plan will create more need and cost to service than revenue to benefit the town. We need to gear redevelopment to a more industry based plan.

The deal falls in line with many other questionable real estate deals made by the current regime. Namely, the land trade with Supor in which prime real estate on the water was traded for contaminated land on Hamilton Street. Also, the Nicole’s Restaurant purchase in which $2 million was originally paid, plus $800,000 for asbestos abatement, just to be torn down for a free parking lot.

Michael Hinchcliffe,

Harrison

Guest in the know
Dear Publisher:

If anyone out there has read a paper lately, they know that the politicians in Harrison are about to screw up and mismanage yet another deal in Harrison. Our mayor’s love for the Metrostars has jeopardized an entire redevelopment project. I have learned that many of the developers who the town has signed on to redevelop Harrison can’t even afford to complete the project without the stadium money that was to be provided by Hudson County. The mayor’s great idea to keep the stadium was to get the state involved. The state would then build the stadium and parking deck which Harrison would reap no benefit from.

The plan for redevelopment needs to be aborted. It provides nothing beneficial to the people of Harrison. This residentially based plan will create more need and cost to service than revenue to benefit the town. We need to gear redevelopment to a more industry based plan.

The deal falls in line with many other questionable real estate deals made by the current regime. Namely, the land trade with Supor in which prime real estate on the water was traded for contaminated land on Hamilton Street. Also, the Nicole’s Restaurant purchase in which $2 million was originally paid, plus $800,000 for asbestos abatement, just to be torn down for a free parking lot.

Michael Hinchcliffe,

Harrison

I would suggest that mr Hincliffe put up or shut up. Show us the documents that prove your theory big shot. This is not the first time that Michael has taken pot shots at this administration. Why not try something creative like telling the truth as opposed to taking potshots at people that are working at improving the Town. Your other option is to engage your brain,albeit clogged and try helping your community. The Hinchcliff family has derived considerable benefit from this Town, your Father and your brother have served it well. I guess that every family has one ignorant malcontent.

Guest Former Resident
Dear Publisher:

Michael Hinchcliffe,

Harrison

Dear Michael,

You're absolutely correct in your assessment. As a former resident who still has a great affection for the town, it troubles me to hear of plans to build additional housing units. More houses are the last thing Harrison needs. More houses will not improve Harrison's bottom line. They will further strain the schools, police and fire services, parking, traffic, garbage collection, etc. etc. Light, clean industry should be at the heart of redevelopment plans in Harrison. Proximity to metropolitan areas and mass transit make Harrison an attractive area for industry which will provide badly needed revenue without the impact on schools and municipal services. The fact that town leaders don't recognize these basic facts is unfortunate.

Guest hinchcliffe family

I would suggest that mr Hincliffe put  up or shut up. Show us the documents that prove your theory big shot. This is not the first time that Michael has taken pot shots at this administration. Why not try something creative like telling the truth as opposed to taking potshots at people that are working at improving the Town. Your other option is to engage your brain,albeit clogged and try helping your community. The Hinchcliff family has derived considerable benefit from this Town, your Father and your brother have served it well. I guess that every family has one ignorant malcontent.

At least we sign our name to our post, now why don't you try it.

stop hiding and put your name up or shut up.

Guest Guest

I would suggest that mr Hincliffe put  up or shut up. Show us the documents that prove your theory big shot. This is not the first time that Michael has taken pot shots at this administration. Why not try something creative like telling the truth as opposed to taking potshots at people that are working at improving the Town. Your other option is to engage your brain,albeit clogged and try helping your community. The Hinchcliff family has derived considerable benefit from this Town, your Father and your brother have served it well. I guess that every family has one ignorant malcontent.

I think Mr. Hinchcliffe has some truth in his last posting the fact that the town paid out 2 million dollars for a FREE parking lot to RC and then gave him a high ranking job in the street dept. So how much more truth do you need MORON???????

Guest Guest

Michael,

Right or wrong, you are one of the few people that have ever concealed your identity on this board. So why don't the person that challenged Michael do the same. It's the secrecy that allows these malicious reponses. Mike...great for you but apparently someone doesn't like you.

Mike, I would get a lawyer and have KOTW reveal who made the post. Been done before.

By the way, I near live near the parking lot. I don't care how much they paid for it. It's an eyesore but greatly needed.

Guest michael hinchcliffe

Dear in the know:

First of all, the Hinchcliffes have not received any benefit from the politicians of the town of Harrison. Secondly, if the politicians think my numbers are so off base, why not publish those numbers to the people of Harrison. Thirdly, I will continue to take shots at the current administration until all of it's misdoings are exposed. By the way if you have the guts, put your name on the board and we'll talk. Until then you are of no concern.

Guest michael hinchcliffe

Dear in the know:

First, my family has not received any favors from the politicians of Harrison. secondly, if the politicians don't like my numbers, then publish the ir numbers to the people of Harrison. Thirdly, if you feel you need to express an idea to me give me a call or post your name and we'll talk. Until then you are of no con cern to me because I am only concerned with the real peolple of Harrison. People who are concerned with where this town is going and not who is lining their pockets.

Guest Guest

Today's Ledger stated that Harrison must put up 20 million of the 80 million dollar cost for the Metro Stars Stadium and another 20 million to clean up the site which is contiminated.

How does going 40 million in the hole benefit the Harrison taxpayer? This is going to cost the taxpayer plenty. All for a stadium that will have about 12 games a year for a franchise that may fold in the future. the only persons that will benefit from this plan is the politicians and the people on the redevelopment agency.

I don't always agree with the Hinchcliffe's , but this time I think Mike is right. :D

Guest bart swartz
Today's Ledger stated that Harrison must put up 20 million of the 80 million dollar cost for the Metro Stars Stadium and another 20 million to clean up the site which is contiminated.

How does going 40 million in the hole benefit the Harrison taxpayer? This is going to cost the taxpayer plenty. All for a stadium that will have about 12 games a year for a franchise that may fold in the future. the only persons that will benefit from this plan is the politicians and the people on the redevelopment agency.

I don't always agree with the Hinchcliffe's , but this time I think Mike is right.  :D

I dont agree or disagree but what is the answer everyone always complains but no one has any reasonable answers. also in response to only twelve games they also plan on other events in the stadium that would bring in revenue like concerts and such. If not the stadium then what else I know its been said that they would put in stores maybe that would be a better idea but people need to be more optimistic and also patient because this isn't all going to happen at once especially when the state is involved

Guest Former Resident

I don't always agree with the Hinchcliffe's , but this time I think Mike is right.  :D

I haven't seen todays Ledger, but if that's accurate about the 40 million , then it's over ( as in dead issue ).

Our mayor’s love for the Metrostars has jeopardized an entire redevelopment project.
I would say it jeopardizes his job as Mayor as well as the puppets he calls council. Pete, Ray put the strings down.

Guest Former town resident
Here is the link to the story in the Star Ledger,  talk about conflicts of interest!  There are conflicts beyond the one mentioned in the article.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index...90272265880.xml

Maybe someone out there can answer this for me. How can Harrison, which is designated a "distressed town / city", come up with $40 million ? Certainly they would have to borrow it. Also, what bank/banks would lend a "distressed city" that kind of money? With rising interest rates, would Harrison be able to pay the interest on such a loan, never mind the principle? The state has to approve any town wanting to borrow over their "bonding limit". I would imagine $40 million would put Harrison over their bonding limit. Would the state actually approve such an increase in the debt service ?? Hard for me to believe the state would agree, considering the towns financial condition.

Guest Miss Crabtree

Ask Senator Hank McMamara of Bergen County.He and some affluent residents of New Jersey are looking to end the Abbott Handouts to towns like Harrison. They are tired of footing the bill .

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

read the article in jj and when i heard hackensack river.. it was ok, good.. no harrison... am i missing something or does the hackensack river flow thru harrison?

Guest Former Town Resident
Here we go again, throwing money away on the MetroStars, I thought Albio Sires and Codey were against the MetroStars deal.  Doesn't the math indicate that the stadium in Harrison is a poor financial decision.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?...79208289740.xml

Has the Mayor and Council held PUBLIC HEARINGS on the subject of the MetroStars stadium project ?? Any project of this size should have the input of town residents that want to voice their opinions / concerns. The VOTERS have the right to offer input into the direction they want THEIR town to go. If the mayor and council are pushing for this project without first hearing from the residents, THEY ARE NEGLECTING AND DISRESPECTING THE PEOPLE THEY ARE WORKING FOR.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
Has the Mayor and Council held PUBLIC HEARINGS on the subject of the MetroStars stadium project ?? Any project of this size should have the input of town residents that want to voice their opinions / concerns. The VOTERS have the right to offer input into the direction they want THEIR town to go. If the mayor and council are pushing for this project without first hearing from the residents, THEY ARE NEGLECTING AND DISRESPECTING THE PEOPLE THEY ARE WORKING FOR.
The answer is NO!!!!!!

Guest Guest
28.4. Stadium Sham

by NAReformer1, 8/6/05 13:42 ET

Re: MetroStars Stadium by Newpop, 8/6/05

As a resident of North Arlington who often travels through Harrison, I share your contempt of Stadium Sham. It is identical to what my towns' 'Encap golf course' became. When proposed, the Stadium, like EnCap Golf, conjured up happy images in the public's mind. After a year a two, housing, hotels and retail space were tacked on to the proposal. It seems every town will now be parking lots of traffic, and the low tax redevelopment zones will not reward taxpayers. 

http://www.nj.com/forums/hudson/

Guest Guest
AMEN, START OVER

• 1 month later...
NO ONE HAS DONE NOTHING. The next meeting is:

Harrison Mayor & Council Meeting

Town Hall, Harrison Avenue

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Go and VOICE YOUR OPINION

Are you kidding me ?? This town of sheep go to a council meeting and complain ?? LOL. They can't complain because if it's not on the agenda they can't complain. Here's a scenario I would love to see; A room full of residents at the council meeting, all demanding to be heard. All complaining about the $40,000,000 bond issue that was never brought before the residents, the TAXPAYERS that will have to pay off this stadium bill. When the myor tells one person to sit down, 20 more stand up and tell the mayor to sit down. Tell the mayor and council if this bond issue is not recinded they're all OUT OF OFFICE.

Archived