Disney softball

Guest BANd Wannabe

Guest Guest
I have lived and worked in Kearny for over 40 years. I went to the elementary and Kearny High.  I am embarrassed to say I live and work here.  No Kearny team can ever perform in Disneyworld EVER.  WOW - what a small mistake these girls made.

Let's set the record REALLY straight.  The HS Principal did  say the "young ladies" (weren't 2 of them 18?) they would be removed from the team, thrown out of the clubs they belonged to, no prom and no graduation. 

Parents of the girls were at the meeting in KHS.  One of the parents, who works as a professional in the system, did ask what the big deal was - they did not sign that their daughters would not steal?  They DID not just steal a shot glass - they stole a lot more and are on Disney cameras doing this.

The next day the punishments were looked at again.  The punishment was 10 day suspension.  These "young ladies" are still in their clubs - including 2 in the National Honor Society(?).  They will keep the scholarships they have received because of being in the Honor Society.  Look at the rules of the Honor Society - A member can be removed for breaking the law - well last time I chedcked stealing was againts the law.

The coach did not want them on the team - she was TOLD she had to take them. 

Someone wrote that the Board of Ed does not go after teachers or coaches who speak out.  Where have you been for the last 12 years?  Almost NONE of the faculty would say anything because of a fear of retaliation.

HAS anyone in this town talked to the High School students in general?  The students think the punishment is a joke - the girls are laughing - they got away with it.

If this were some of the students whom I teach - they would have been on the outside looking in.

What is wrong with the people of Kearny??  NO one is screaming that the good name of the school and town is forever besmirched.  They system has become a JOKE.

I have been to many Board of Ed meetings and I can count the number of people at the meeting on my two hands. 

Some people say - let's move on and I agree - but ONLY when the facts are on the record and people have gotten what the deserve - not just a slap on the wrist.

These girls should have been removed from the softball team, period. They've made fools of the National Honor Society (if any of them belong to it) and every other club and activity they are involved with. These girls and their parents have made fools of everyone in Kearny. It's our fault because we keep voting in the same people for the BOE over and over again. Hopefully the last BOE election is a sign that things are changing and that the "old club" is on it's way out.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
OK IM GOING TO TELL YOU ALL EXACTLY HOW IT IS SO YOU CAN STOP SPREADIGN THESE AWFUL RUMORS.. THE GIRLS THAT WERE INVOLVED WERE SUSPENDED FOR 10 DAYS, KICKED OUT OF ALL THE CLUBS THEY WERE INVOLVED IN AD ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO TO PROM. THE GIRLS FEEL AWFUL AND LEARNED THEIR LESSONS RIGHT FROM WHEN THIS HAPPENED.. THEY HAVE NEVER DONE NETHING WRONG BEFORE AND MADE ONE LITTLE MISTAKE.. HOW MANY OF YOU CAN SAY U HAVE NEVER MADE A MISTAKE.. NOR HAVE YOUR KIDS?? BECASUE HONESTLY MOST OF THE KIDS IN THE HIGH SCHOOL ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM INCLUDING YOURS!!EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES AND THE FIRST THING THESE LADIES DID WAS ACCEPT THEIR CONSEQUENSES.. THEY KNEW DAMN WELL WHAT WAS COMING TO THEM ADN THEY TOOK IT WITHOUT COMPLAINT.. AND AS FOR THEIR PARENTS.. YES SOME OF THEIR PARENTS ARE WELL  INVOLVED BUT FOR YOUR INFORMATION THEIR PARENTS DIDNT DO ANYTHIGN TO CHANGE THE PUNISHMENT .. THEY PUNISHMENT HANDED OUT WAS VERBATEM  WHAT REQUEST OF THE COACH ADND THE AD WHO WERE THE CHAPERONES... AND THEY TRUSTED THAT THE GIRLS WHERE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO WALK THROUGH THE PARK THEMSELVES ADN THE GIRLS DID TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND HAVE LEARDED A VERY HARD BUT GOOD LESSON.. AND YES THIS LITTLE STEALING THING WAS A TRADITION... I HAVE HEEARD THAT LAST YEAR WAS EVEN WORSE AND YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE PEOPLE INVOLVED.. ADN AS FOR BEING KICKED OF THE TEAM.. WELL WHAT DOES THAT GIVE THE GIRLS TO WORK FOR?? NOTHING IT GIVES THEM MORE TIME TO BE TURNED IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ADN MAKE OTHER BASD CHOICES....THERE HAVE BEEN WORSE INCIDENTS INVOLVED IN SPORTS AND YES INCLUDING SOFTBALL THAT HAVE BEEN BRUSHED OFBY WHO THEIR PARENTS WERE SO THATS NOT EVE AND ISSUE ANY MORE.. I APPRICIATE ALL YOUR CONCERN BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD JSUT STRAIGHTEN OUT THESE RUMORS BEFORE THEY GET EVEN WORSE..

a very concerned citizen..

The girls feel awful for one reason, and one reason only, "THEY GOT CAUGHT", and as far as the girls being kicked off the team would give them nothing too work for? well, I suggest Community Service during summer recess, yep, that'll work!

Guest Guest
YOU SEEM SO SURE OF YOURSELF.  MY, OH MY.  I GIVE THE PARENTS OF THESE GIRLS ALOT OF CREDIT FOR NOT GETTING INVOLVED IN THIS BULLSHIT DISCUSSION FORUM.  THEY HAVE MORE CLASS ON ONE PINKY THAN YOU DO IN YOUR ENTIRE BODY.  AND IF YOU SO MUCH WANT TO CONFRONT THE PARENTS OF THESE GIRLS, WHY DON'T YOU.  CHICKEN, OR WOULD JUST NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY.  I AGREE WITH THE POST MADE BY ANOTHER NICE INDIVIDUAL.  GET OVER IT.  IF YOU HAVE ANY VALUES, RELIGIOUS OR NOT, YOU WOULD FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO.  REMEMBER, GOD KNOWS WHO IS GOOD AND HE KNOWS WHO IS BAD, AND RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE A WORSE SINNER THAN THESE GIRLS WERE OR WILL EVER BE.  IF YOU DON'T WATCH IT, YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF BURNING IN THE FIRES OF HELL!!

Did you ever think for a minute that maybe if the parents did get involved from the start this might not have happened???

Archived