Handicapping The Chief's Test

Guest Jimmy The Greek

Guest Jimmy The Greek

The candidates are as follows:

CT- Intelligent with all the right training but suffers by having the same last name as the last Chief. McDonuts don't want another one.

J McD- Well liked, good organizational skills. Good be the right one for the job.

MG- Has hid in taller grass during his carreer then JT and has padded his resume by attending many schools. Also ak's the PC.

DK- may be hurt by prior suspensions for poor judgement, but has lately hooked up with the Cat man to further his chances.

:ph34r::lol::angry::blink:

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

I just heard that the Mayor and Council are contempleting bringing in a Police Director to try and straighten out the PD after the last 2 year disaster. With wirearms gone and a cooler head as PBA President maybe this approach will work.

Guest Andy Taylor
Either # 1 or # 2 would be good choices. They both have a command presence which the bpottom two lack.

I think either three or four will get it--If they don't abolish the position all together.

Remember-- all four of these guys are pretty young. Whoever gets it will be there for 20+ years. (never happened before --I could be wrong--but as far as I know never did). Who does the council want to deal with for the next 20 years----

Public Safty Director....( of both HPD AND HFD--because they will get cut out too!!)--or Chief of Dept?

Now if the safty dir. is from the inside ---you all know who I mean--all bets ae off. I think you will see all these guys leave withen 5 yrs. What other members of the force are half as qualified as any one of these four guys?

Guest Guest

None of the 4 candidates are Harrson residents. That means they don't have a stake in the community. None will last more then a few years because of the present climate and culture of the department. No one cares. Excessive sick leave. Interference by the civilian police chairman in the running of the department and disciplining of wrongdoers. This has led to an unmanageable dept.

Maybe the right time to go to a Police Director like other towns have done in Hudson County such as W. New York, Weehawken, Guttenburg etc. That way if the director isn't doing his job, the Mayor and Council can fire him. Hard to do with a Chief. Once they get tenure they are difficult to remove. B);)

Guest One Who Knows
None of the 4 candidates are Harrson residents. That means they don't have a stake in the community. None will last more then a few years because of the present climate and culture of the department. No one cares. Excessive sick leave. Interference by the civilian police chairman in the running of the department and disciplining of wrongdoers.  This has led to an unmanageable dept.

Maybe the right time to go to a Police Director like other towns have done in Hudson County such as W. New York, Weehawken, Guttenburg etc. That way if the director isn't doing his job, the Mayor and Council can fire him. Hard to do with a Chief. Once they get tenure they are difficult to remove. B)  ;)

Hey Guest,

I would like to correct a few of your "facts". First of all, no department is "unmanageable". Any new chief, with the backing of the mayor, can straighten out any department. It would most likely result in a few suspensions, but once the guys understand the bulls--t is over, they will follow the rules. Another correction is "tenure". There is no such thing as "tenure" for police or firefighters in NJ. Any police officer or firefighter of any rank can be removed "for cause". If a police chief is not doing his job, and it can be documented, charges can be brought against him and he can be suspended from duty. Repeat offenses can result in further suspensions and termination. If you're going to post on this forum, you should try to accurate with the information you post.

Guest big dog
Hey Guest,

I would like to correct a few of your "facts". First of all, no department is "unmanageable". Any new chief, with the backing of the mayor, can straighten out any department. It would most likely result in a few suspensions, but once the guys understand the bulls--t is over, they will follow the rules.  Another correction is "tenure".  There is no such thing as "tenure" for police or firefighters in NJ. Any police officer or firefighter of any rank can be removed "for cause". If a police chief is not doing his job, and it can be documented, charges can be brought against him and he can be suspended from duty. Repeat offenses can result in further suspensions and termination.  If you're going to post on this forum, you should try to accurate with the information you post.

Bring in somebody from the outside,kick some ass,and they'll all fall in line. guarentee they'll be ratting each other out

Guest One who knows more.

Hey " one who knows nothing". You need a reality check. The Mayor didn't back any Chief. As soon as the PBA put on the pressure, he threw them to the wolves. If there was no interference by the politicians, then the Chief could properly run the department. Instead, the boys knew that all they had to do when the got in trouble was make a visit to the Police Chairman's home, and all was forgiven. If the Mayor removed the PC when asked and replaced him with another Councilman, the PD would not be in the shape it is today. The sick leave abusers got their way, and now have unlimited sick leave.

Look at how the former PBA prez and delegate got their new positions. They went to see the PC and the Mayor and a call was made to the Chief to transfer them to where they wanted to go. I wonder what they will do for the politicians now? B)B);)B)

Guest Guest

None of the 4 candidates are Harrson residents. That means they don't have a stake in the community

Just like half of the other town big wigs----right???

Guest Guest
Hey Guest,

I would like to correct a few of your "facts". First of all, no department is "unmanageable". Any new chief, with the backing of the mayor, can straighten out any department. It would most likely result in a few suspensions, but once the guys understand the bulls--t is over, they will follow the rules.  Another correction is "tenure".  There is no such thing as "tenure" for police or firefighters in NJ. Any police officer or firefighter of any rank can be removed "for cause". If a police chief is not doing his job, and it can be documented, charges can be brought against him and he can be suspended from duty. Repeat offenses can result in further suspensions and termination.  If you're going to post on this forum, you should try to accurate with the information you post.

the backing of the mayor is the last thing this dept. needs. everything he touches turns to sh**!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maria

Looks like DK is on the inside track to be the new PD boss.

I hope it's for the Chief job and not the job of Public Safety Director.

In order to be the Director he would have to resign as a Police Officer and that could place him in a position to lose everything he has worked so hard for should the Mayor suddenly decide to return to the Chief role or decide to replace the Director for another favorite in the future.

Whatever this well protected secret is , Chief or Director, it certainly has all the makings of a smoke filled room decision and as we all know these types of moves always wind up screwing someone.

I wonder when the Mayor will decide to let the taxpayers in on this close kept secret. Who will the new leader be and more importantly, who will he owe for this selective and probably illegal position.

why was a test not announced or called for ?

What do the town fathers fear by avoiding a competitive exam for the top position ?

I guess we'll all have to wait until June 1st to find out. Sure doesn't proper to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Judas

There are 4 Captains eligible to take the test. If the Mayor makes someone Chief or Director without a test you know this person will owe his life to the organization. He will not make any decisions without checking it out with the Mayor's mouthpiece,BOB Murray> If he does, he will be out of office in a New York minute.

There ws only one stand up Chief in the last decade. The politicians led by the happy Councilman made it very hard on him and even hired a bogus Judge to make him look bad.

Lets have a test and the man who comes out on top should get the job. They are all qualified. :rolleyes:

Guest Sheriff Taylor
Looks like DK is on the inside track to be the new PD boss.

I hope it's for the Chief job and not the job of Public Safety Director.

In order to be the Director he would have to resign as a Police Officer and that could place him in a position to lose everything he has worked so hard for should the Mayor suddenly decide to return to the Chief role or decide to replace the Director for another favorite in the future.

Whatever this well protected secret is , Chief or Director, it certainly has all the makings of a smoke filled room decision and as we all know these types of moves always wind up screwing someone.

I wonder when the Mayor will decide to let the taxpayers in on this close kept secret. Who will the new leader be and more importantly, who will he owe for this selective and probably illegal position.

why was a test not announced or called for ?

What do the town fathers fear by avoiding a competitive exam for the top position ?

I guess we'll all have to wait until June 1st to find out. Sure doesn't proper to me.

*****---(ohhh you're killing me C--t)

where do you get this info?

are you in the know?

"Selective and probably illegal position"

You ever wonder why you aren't going to get the position?

"Town fathers fear by avoiding a competetive exam"?

They fear getting saddled with a moron like you for the next 22 years. You know the rules. 100 guys can take the test. The town still gets to pick amongst the top three scorers. Doesn't matter what position they come in. A choice from the top three. :lol:;);)

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

" There was only one stand up Chief in the last decade". What fantasy world do you live in. Yes, he finished first on the test, that's the only thing during his tenure that he can hang his hat on.

He should never had been a cop in the first place. :lol:;) Here is a few career lowlights to chew on. How about searching the locker room with the drug dog, using transfers as punishments, charging cops with violations of rules and regulations that he also violated, harassing injured cops at home while recovering, attepmting to bust the union (PBA) , numerous FLSA violations and lawsuits, missing audio tapes, interfering in IA ivestigations, predetermine discpline before a formal hearing, cost the Town more money in legal fees than all the previous Chief's combined etc, etc, etc.

Now that sounds like a real stand up guy.

That bogus judge heard testimony form 12-17 different officers, let me guess they all lied about him. Wake up the decision had been made already live with it.

Guest Guest
" There was only one stand up Chief in the last decade". What fantasy world do you live in. Yes, he finished first on the test, that's the only thing during his tenure that he can hang his hat on.

He should never had been a cop in the first place. ;)  ;) Here is a few career lowlights to chew on.  How about searching the locker room with the drug dog, using transfers as punishments, charging cops with violations of rules and regulations that he also violated, harassing injured cops at home while recovering, attepmting to bust the union (PBA) , numerous FLSA violations and lawsuits, missing audio tapes, interfering in IA ivestigations, predetermine discpline before a formal hearing, cost the Town more money in legal fees than all the previous Chief's combined etc, etc, etc.

Now that sounds like a real stand up guy.

That bogus judge heard testimony form 12-17 different officers, let me guess they all lied about him. Wake up the decision had been made already live with it.

Wake up the decision had been made already live with it

Who is it?? This is one of the best kept secrets in years!

Guest Guest

The decision has been made? Its probably someone who will be afraid to make a decision in fear of losing his job. If it is the person that I think it is, he will ask for an army to man the PD at a very high cost. His answer to efficiency is to hire himself on OT. Do you really want a head of the PD who has lunch with the Catman several times a week?. ;)

Guest Guest

Hey DH , why don't you go home and sleep instead of posting on the computer after you get off the evening shift. Boy, they cut the number of Captains to 2 at the last Council Meeting. That means even though you finally came out first, you really have to kiss a-- to get promoted. Better muzzle your brother or you'll never get made. :P:D:lol:;)B) * **** *** *** * *** **** ** ****. ;)

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest

Nah, I don't think its DH. I think its the Happy Councilman who just got off work from his political job at Vo-Tech and likes to bash the former Chief because he knows what went on in his house with other Cops.

Guest Guest

NO WAY! its not DH or the "happy councilman". Besides the obvious that a post at 9:38 a.m. is very unlikely after working a 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. shift, DH is good friends with the "mystery chief to be" and as for the "happy councilman" he is not going to bash something that he is voting "yes" on.

Guest Guest
The decision has been made? Its probably someone who will be afraid to make a decision in fear of losing his job. If it is the person that I think it is, he will ask for an army to man the PD at a very high cost. His answer to efficiency is to hire himself on OT. Do you really want a head of the PD who has lunch with the Catman several times a week?. :blink:

Maybe he is getting some gardening tips from the catman or consulting him on creating a new post to watch the flowers come up(when there not destroyed) in front of the town hall.

Archived