Tim Kelly

Guest Guest

What a disgraceful display of his "autopsy" results in your paper. If you are going to do that to him, be fair and do it to everyone. How about the autopsy results of the cop who died last year under questionable circumstances? Why not print a list of all teachers and town employees who are out on extended illnesses on the taxpayers backs. Be fair and leave the guy alone!!

I feel that the medical examiners report was not correct ,an overdose is an overdose!! come on I do believe reading in the observer that Narcotics were found in the apartment. So come people wake up and realize what really happened there. Kelly family sorry for your loss but lets call a spade a spade!!!

Guest guest_Guest
I AGREE, WHAT IS GOOD FOR ONE AND GOOD FOR ALL. THEY MADE SURE THAT HIT THE PAPER, BUT THEY HAVE NO TIME IN INVESTIGATE 89 PHONE CALL.

let tim kelly rest in peace enough already.he will be missed by many esepcially me who has known the kelly family for over 50years let this rest.

Tim Kelly became fair game for the citizen of Harrison when he tried to run for the town council. He was also the president of the GOP party in town. When you become a "face" of the town, you and what you do are going to be attacked by the citizens. Why is this any different?

I'm sorry the guy died, but apparently, he did it to himself.

Guest Town Resident

The Observer was perfectly correct in publishing the cause of death in the Kelly case. It wasn't a natural cause of death, it was a drug overdose, therefore it was NEWS !! DUH !!

SO BECAUSE DRUGS WERE FOUND IN HIS APARTMENT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE DID HOW ABOUT THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE CELL PHONE, WALLET AND TRUCK MAYBE THE DRUGS WERE HIS.

I have read in the Observer this week, with some disappointment, two letters to the editor from members of the Kelly family. One of the letters appears to take direct aim at the Harrison Police Department by referring to it as Mayberry Police. This letter continues to lash out at the department for what the author feels is an incomplete or incompetent investigation into the tragic death of Tim Kelly.

I knew Timmy personally and very well and I miss him and his mannerisms.

I just want to say that I feel some things should never be placed in the paper and after they are, sometimes, it is best to let things lie. If this had in fact been a homicide then the State Medical Examiner would have determined that fact and the investigation would have been conducted by the Hudson County Prosecutors Office, NOT the Harrison Police Dept.

In this case, the Medical Examiner responded to the apartment and was on the scene immediately following the discovery of Tims body; so in essance, this was a County job right from the word go.

I think it is rather unfair to label the entire Harrison Police Department for what the author perceives to be a botched investigation and fail to mention the office or Agency charged with the actual investigation at all.

We have many good and hard working police officers who do not deserve this type of rapp on their characters. I can understand the mental torture and grief the Kelly family has endured during this ordeal, but, the time may have come when we stop dragging Timmy thru the press by slandering each other and his name. These types of public attacks can only lead to more heartache as the rebuttles continue in the public forum. Rest in peace Timmy

I would like to see the autopsy of the 34 year old muscle bound superman of a cop that died. That wasn't natural causes either. How about it KOTW. Fair is fair for all. LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN.

Guest Brian McCauley

For all you people that have the balls to hide behind false names should step up and say who you are. Terry Buckley was a man and a true friend of mine. It bothers me to see you as**oles write stuff about someone who is dead. Would you say to his face if he was alive? I am not just speaking about him, but others that have died as well. We all have our guilty pleasures and down falls. If anyone has something to say about my brother-in-law step up and be a man. Let his family and friends remember him and not have to worry about stupid shit that is being said. You can say what you want about me, it does not bother me one bit. I know who I am and what I am about, there are not to many of us that can say the same. If you want to test me, be my guest. These are not threats, just facts.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

what a nice article in the observer by the Kellys to bad the POLICE are dumb-witted fools or as-h--es they are a ignorant bunch except when getting sick leave ,you could not expect them to do a good job of detective work because nobody comes to work !!!!!!

Guest Towncrier
The Observer was perfectly correct in publishing the cause of death in the Kelly case. It wasn't a natural cause of death, it was a drug overdose, therefore it was NEWS !! DUH !!

Drugs were found in other dead "face" peoples homes. Nothing was ever reported in that bastion of journalistic excellance The Observer. I wonder why?? :angry:

yeah so what his wallet and truck were taken and found in the heart of drug city, nj that just proves he hung out with a group of junkies who went back for some more crack. it's no secret that family has several demons in theor closet.

good for you knowing the family over fifty yrs, frankly i wouldn't brag, that can get you placed in cell one. :P:angry::P:P:P:P

GET YOUR STORY STAIGHT HE DID NOT HANG WITH A BUNK OF DRUGGIE,I WAS ONE ONE HIS BEST FRIEND, AND I AM NO DRUGGIE, IF THE HARRISON POLICE WOULD DO THERE JOB, AND INVESTIGATOR YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM, AS***OLE.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest GUEST_Guest
yeah so what his wallet and truck were taken and found in the heart of drug city, nj that just proves he hung out with a group of junkies who went back for some more crack. it's no secret that family has several demons in theor closet.

good for you knowing the family over fifty yrs, frankly i wouldn't brag, that can get you placed in cell one. :P:angry::P:P:P:P

FOR YOU INFORMATION TIM KELLY WAS NOT A DRUG ADDICT GET YOUR FACTS

STRAIGHT MAYBE YOU HAVE SOME DEMONS IN YOUR CLOSET YOUWOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT. I HAPPEN TO LIKE THE FAMILY YES I DO KNOW FOR OVER 50 YEARS AND I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.MAYBE THE PROBLEM IS YOU.

Guest Flounder =)
For all you people that have the balls to hide behind false names should step up and say who you are.  Terry Buckley was a man and a true friend of mine.  It bothers me to see you assholes write stuff about someone who is dead.  Would you say to his face if he was alive?  I am not just speaking about him, but others that have died as well.  We all have our guilty pleasures and down falls.  If anyone has something to say about my brother-in-law step up and be a man.  Let his family and friends remember him and not have to worry about stupid shit that is being said.  You can say what you want about me, it does not bother me one bit.  I know who I am and what I am about, there are not to many of us that can say the same.  If you want to test me, be my guest.  These are not threats, just facts.

Well Said Brian!

How can people be so cruel... Timmy Kelly was one of the best guys in the world. He never hurt anyone. He would be the first person to help anyone in trouble and he has proved it many times. For a two bit local paper to print his autopsy is a shame. To have known Timmy was to love Timmy and if you didn't get to know him you are one of the unlucky ones. May he try and rest in peace.

Thank you poster, (and Tim's friend) for stating the correct way things are done. IF there was a "murder" it would not be in the hands of the Harrison Police. The Kelly family are showing their true colors in their statements to the excuse for a paper, the observer. Tim's brother is a councilman here, he of all people should know how things work, and if he dosen't than thats a travesty. If they have a problem with the medical examiners findings, then take it up with them. I too knew Timmy, he was a funny guy, but the facts are the facts. Let the man rest in peace and try to have some dignity.

Brian,

The people who write these things are total white trash. Terry was a great guy who served his community, I would bet my last dollar that the a-holes writing this crap have never even thought of serving anyone but themselves. Their posts make me sick. I hope you meet up with one of them one day, I'm sure Flounder would help you throw a beatin' on them.

Guest blow it up your as*

yeah if he wasn't a junkie then why and how were the drugs found in his person and apartment? i'm sure the hpd planted them right? that's the next quote in the paper anything to say and point blame on the hpd isn't that right family, just like that night in question a certain someone family member wasn't drunk? please why even have family member work along side the hpd if not to keep up with the dealings in town and throw the hpd under a bus every step of the way.

denial is the stupidty you people are famous for again fifty years of cardboard boxes?

What do you mean by guilty pleasures Brian? Something unethical and possible illegal. I cannot wait for Attrino to print the autopsy results on the young cop who "was a man." You should print that Tony. Be fair to everyone!

Archived