Observing The Observer

Guest Monitor

Can I start a weekly entry about The Observer? Based on their web site? Because I can't be bothered to pick one up? Yes? I can? Great!

First, congratulations to Lisa Pezzolla on taking all of the credit and attention for the care drive. Instead of starting off with how much the drive brought in and how much more successful it was this year, the fact that Lisa organized the drive and worked a few hours of overtime is obviously the most important part of the story. Well done.

The resignation of a long-standing and well-respected council woman in Kearny was only reported via her own letter to the editor. A rare bird sighting gets better coverage than a Lyndhurst man arrested for sexual assault.

As always, Ms. Regal doesn’t disappoint in her opinion/editorial/article/diary entry “Road Work In Kearny”

She writes: “I fear to ask what the cost is to mill a long stretch of road so that it is asphalt ready.” Oh my God, that’s YOUR JOB….as the EDITOR! If you’re afraid to ask, this is not the job for you.

She continues: “I hear Neglia Engineering Associates of Lyndhurst who are the town engineers responsible for all the work.”

What???? Ever heard of fact checking? Reporting hearsay gets you in trouble, and this isn't TMZ. Plus, Neglia has a contract with a public entity. This isn’t a secret.

Can I start a weekly entry about The Observer? Based on their web site? Because I can't be bothered to pick one up? Yes? I can? Great!

First, congratulations to Lisa Pezzolla on taking all of the credit and attention for the care drive. Instead of starting off with how much the drive brought in and how much more successful it was this year, the fact that Lisa organized the drive and worked a few hours of overtime is obviously the most important part of the story. Well done.

The resignation of a long-standing and well-respected council woman in Kearny was only reported via her own letter to the editor. A rare bird sighting gets better coverage than a Lyndhurst man arrested for sexual assault.

As always, Ms. Regal doesn’t disappoint in her opinion/editorial/article/diary entry “Road Work In Kearny”

She writes: “I fear to ask what the cost is to mill a long stretch of road so that it is asphalt ready.” Oh my God, that’s YOUR JOB….as the EDITOR! If you’re afraid to ask, this is not the job for you.

She continues: “I hear Neglia Engineering Associates of Lyndhurst who are the town engineers responsible for all the work.”

What???? Ever heard of fact checking? Reporting hearsay gets you in trouble, and this isn't TMZ. Plus, Neglia has a contract with a public entity. This isn’t a secret.

While I still think that The Observer is a joke of a publication, I'm not sure if you just read the front page story or if you read Lisa's column. In her personal column, she does thank everyone who helped with donations. She mentioned the volunteers and thanked them as well - something a person wouldn't do when trying to take all the credit for a project.

The story on the front page is written by Ms. Regal who is just giving her boss some credit for organizing the whole thing.

And while Ms. Regal continues to be lacking with regard to her writing skills in the aforementioned story as well as her Editor's column, I am pretty sure she was thanking Neglia engineering for their work as evidenced by the next couple of sentences in the piece.

But I do agree that some of the stories (rare bird sighting and the Kentucky Project) are not front-page news stories.

I wonder if the arrest of the jewelry store robbers/murderers will be worthy of the front page next week.

While I still think that The Observer is a joke of a publication, I'm not sure if you just read the front page story or if you read Lisa's column. In her personal column, she does thank everyone who helped with donations. She mentioned the volunteers and thanked them as well - something a person wouldn't do when trying to take all the credit for a project.

The story on the front page is written by Ms. Regal who is just giving her boss some credit for organizing the whole thing.

And while Ms. Regal continues to be lacking with regard to her writing skills in the aforementioned story as well as her Editor's column, I am pretty sure she was thanking Neglia engineering for their work as evidenced by the next couple of sentences in the piece.

But I do agree that some of the stories (rare bird sighting and the Kentucky Project) are not front-page news stories.

I wonder if the arrest of the jewelry store robbers/murderers will be worthy of the front page next week.

How about a front page story correcting the inaccuracies in the article on the McCormick Bankruptcy.

It's doubtful that this upcoming week's Observer cover story will have any accurate information on the recently caputured murderers. Instead, I am sure Ms. Regal will be centering it as far up Lisa's @$$ as possible --- perhaps front paging a special "day in the life" of Lisa Pezzolla story --- ******* ***** at ******** anyone?