Brachman vs. the Doran Democrats

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Well, we can say it now...

It's all over. Especially if a slate of Independents emerge to divide the opposition vote.

And Fife is one of Doran's best buddies. Those two have a love fest going on. Doran won't be happy unless Fife wins with at least 70% of the vote.

Yeah, Erik, it's all over. Call it a day and just move on.

Guest Reality

Here is something for everyone to think about before election time. On Thursday night our interim mayor went to the hospital with what was called chest pains and an anxiety attack. This man is 73 years old and barely in office two months and the job is getting to him already. Now is this someone we want in office, let alone can rely on in office for FOUR YEARS!? I don't think so and I sure hope we do have some other options to vote for come November.

Edited by KOTW
The above information has not been confirmed.

Guest Guest

Here is something for everyone to think about before election time. On Thursday night our interim mayor went to the hospital with what was called chest pains and an anxiety attack. This man is 73 years old and barely in office two months and the job is getting to him already. Now is this someone we want in office, let alone can rely on in office for FOUR YEARS!? I don't think so and I sure hope we do have some other options to vote for come November.

No wonder Fife is having panic attacks---he has to deal with Doran on a daily basis!

Guest Old Timer

I know Jimmy and Tony when they started together teaching in Harrison a longtime ago. Doran was Jimmy's pool and locker boy. I am saddened that Doran is putting my friend's Jimmies health behind his own political ambitions. I have to speak now, shame on you Jim Doran. You betrayed the church. You betray the residents of Harrison for taking $235,000 plus a year salary. Now you are betraying a good friend in James Fife. As someone said above, Doran just move on.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

The wild card for November is if Fife gets caught lying about the illegal secret meeting that cost taxpayers alot of money and really hurt the education of the kids.If he lies about it we absolutely can prove without a doubt he's lying.This could also have an impact on East Newark voters in November.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I like the new kid on the block. Not old and stale.

The New Kids On the Block was a young, bubblegum band from the 80's that finally disbanded by the 90's. Mayor Fife represents permanence and wisdom---an Elder Statesman. (But hey, if your preference is for boy bands, go for it!)

Guest Guest

I sleep sound and secure at night knowing that Mayor Fife is at the helm. He seems to be above all the politics stuff. And I'm a 3rd generation property owner here in Harrison. My father knew and voted for Mayor Rodgers for many years. And I voted for him too when I was old enough. What more can I say? I was too old to have Mr. Fife as principal. I graduated in '61. Mayor Fife and his wife go a long way here in town. Blessings to you both!

Guest Guest

Fife is no Rodgers. I am sleepless in Harrison because my property taxes keep increasing to pay for salaries of Fife's personal friends. All his buddies from Harrison Realty have jobs at the Board of Education. It seems the norm that Mr. Fife can make up jobs and get away with it with your tax payer dollars. How about "Renewable Energy Coordinator-$86,000 a year" and now a new job title for Doran- $200,000 a year. Maybe we should make a list.

1. Choffo-$86,000-made up position & wife

2. Doran-$200,000-& partner

3. Fife-appointed Mayor & wife

4.Councilman Huaranga & Son

5. Gallagher- BOE Employee & wife

6. Nephew of Doran-IT at BOE-

7. Mercello Huaranga-BOE Employee

Is there anyone from Harrison Realty not working on the backs of tax payers???? I wish I knew how you sleep at night.

Guest guest
In recent weeks, the Observer, has shed some light on our school system.

The assistant superintendent of schools, salary $222,000.

The assistant to the secretary to the Board of Education $175,000.

The Director of Personnel $200,000.

A new co-ordinator position, a starting salary $120,000.

Three of these positions are brand new, and have nothing to do with child instruction. Also, they are applying to the state for waivers to increase their salaries.

New positions on the police and fire Departments, zero, nil, nada

Raises for tax payers 3.5%. How about the new stadium, the new hotels, the new apartment houses, the new condos, Oh, they have thirty year tax abatements.

These people may be worth every penny of these salaries, but perhaps they should be teaching elsewhere. These are big numbers for a blue collar town.

Even more disturbing is that the present mayor was president of the Board of Education when these salaries were proposed. Even more disturbing is that Harrison has an appointed board of education, which is appointed by the mayor. Even more disturbing is that most of our elected officials are employed by the Board of Education.

More questions that are looking for answers are that we have more children in our school system than the recent census indicates live in town. We must start fining landlords that sign documents indicating a child is a resident on their property when in fact they live out of town.

Guest Guest

Fife is no Rodgers. I am sleepless in Harrison because my property taxes keep increasing to pay for salaries of Fife's personal friends. All his buddies from Harrison Realty have jobs at the Board of Education. It seems the norm that Mr. Fife can make up jobs and get away with it with your tax payer dollars. How about "Renewable Energy Coordinator-$86,000 a year" and now a new job title for Doran- $200,000 a year. Maybe we should make a list.

1. Choffo-$86,000-made up position & wife

2. Doran-$200,000-& partner

3. Fife-appointed Mayor & wife

4.Councilman Huaranga & Son

5. Gallagher- BOE Employee & wife

6. Nephew of Doran-IT at BOE-

7. Mercello Huaranga-BOE Employee

Is there anyone from Harrison Realty not working on the backs of tax payers???? I wish I knew how you sleep at night.

Yeah, I guess "Renewable Energy Coordinator" is a stretch---even for Doran!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest New Resident

I am new in Town. Is this for real. If it is I am shocked. I will have two children in the school system and I am pretty upset. Who can I contact to get more information?

Thank you.

You really don't want more information because your head will be spinning. New hires are related to someone and are not even qualified to be teachers. They take the "Alternate Route" to bypass people who took teaching courses in college and hire their family members and friends. Welcome to Harrison where it is all about the taking care of the in crowd with fake jobs and scamming.

Guest Harrison Senior

I am new in Town. Is this for real. If it is I am shocked. I will have two children in the school system and I am pretty upset. Who can I contact to get more information?

Thank you.

Relax. Corruption is a way of life in this town. Just pay your high taxes and vote Row A.

Fife the current mayor was on the HBOE when they held an illegal secret meeting the night before the only Donaldson hearing ever held in Harrison.The result was we lost a good teacher and middle school students couldn't learn anything in science for a long period of time because of corruption and nepotism. Fife is part of the problem not part of the solution.

This illegal secret meeting that also cost taxpayers a bundle is common knowledge among the members of the local teachers union and those who have connections to the HBOE.Fife can never again say he did everything he could to help kids in Harrison have a better life through education.Stahl was also an HBOE member at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

If Brachman finds a way to connect with minority voters he may have a chance.After all because of rampant corruption there are only a few minority teachers in a minority district. The zombies will vote the way they always vote but when minority voters realize that the corruption in Harrison has prevented their kids from having the opportunity to be taught by teachers who were hired because of ability instead of connections they will realize the need for change.

If Brachman finds a way to connect with minority voters he may have a chance.After all because of rampant corruption there are only a few minority teachers in a minority district. The zombies will vote the way they always vote but when minority voters realize that the corruption in Harrison has prevented their kids from having the opportunity to be taught by teachers who were hired because of ability instead of connections they will realize the need for change.

"The zombies will vote the way they always vote but when minority voters realize that the corruption in Harrison has prevented their kids from having the opportunity to be taught by teachers who were hired because of ability instead of connections they will realize the need for change."

Wow, that's a long sentence screaming out for some punctuation! You must have been taught grammar by one of those teachers who only got hired because of connections, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

not all the educators are related to someone... Most work there tails off to keep the children safe, happy and educated.... They fall victims to the scandal as well... Unfortunately you can't tell who the good guys are from the bad ones anymore....

• 2 months later...

Well, we can say it now...

It's all over. Especially if a slate of Independents emerge to divide the opposition vote.

And Fife is one of Doran's best buddies. Those two have a love fest going on. Doran won't be happy unless Fife wins with at least 70% of the vote.

Yeah, Erik, it's all over. Call it a day and just move on.

Holy Shitz!!!

This was the Poster back in APRIL of 2014 predicting that Fife will win with 70%.

Yeah, Erik should have called it quits and enjoyed that nice Saturday back in April.