Who are the Candidates for Kearny School Board?

Guest Kearny Resident

Guest Taxpayer

Who is running with Zibbie? (I assume he's on a slate of three.)

He can't win by himself he needs people to run with to hide his lack of education and the fact that all his family has been about is collecting a paycheck on the towns property taxpayer.

Guest Guest

When people make a point of calling themselves independent thinkers, usually, they're the most partisan people around. In this case, if the person valued independent thinking, he/she would have given reasons for his comments.

Guest JURY STILL OUT ON HILL

Jim is a good man. He has a mind of his own.

I think he will do a good job on the board.

It seems you really don't know Jim.

If you run with the slate you sell yourself to the program and Mr Viscuso is well versed as how to be part of the Good Old Boys Network taking care of Family and Friends and going after people and costing the District thousands of dollars in Legal Expenses. Mr Hill we hope your motives for running are pure and if Elected the hope is to do what's right for the kids and stop this waste of Taxpayer Money on stupid investigations that have led to nothing but a which hunt gone bad.

Guest Guest

If you run with the slate you sell yourself to the program and Mr Viscuso is well versed as how to be part of the Good Old Boys Network taking care of Family and Friends and going after people and costing the District thousands of dollars in Legal Expenses. Mr Hill we hope your motives for running are pure and if Elected the hope is to do what's right for the kids and stop this waste of Taxpayer Money on stupid investigations that have led to nothing but a which hunt gone bad.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. In other words, you're one of the five stooges, or one of the dozen or so supporters they have left in town.

Game is over. You lost. Now go away. You did enough damage.

Guest Oh No!

WWE Champion

Has anyone checked out the School Board Candidate Fernandez?

Has anyone seen the picture of Mr. Fernandez with his wrestling belts?

Go to Twitter oofman21. Or just google Oscar Omar Fernandez, Kearny,NJ.

See some of the pictures he has taken on enjoygram.

Love your action figure collection.

We don,t need someone on the board who acts so immature.

Does he plan on wearing his belt to board meeting?

Mr Fernandez, you need to reconsider your running for the board.

Guest School Watch

Yeah, yeah, yeah. In other words, you're one of the five stooges, or one of the dozen or so supporters they have left in town.

Game is over. You lost. Now go away. You did enough damage.

The game is over for now and its only a matter of time before the inner establishment in the School System turns against this Board, combined with the public and parents which are already against you. It is true you control the agenda for now so lets see what you do in the coming School Year before you fall on your face. I hope its not the case because I want you to suceed , I have no selfish interest in addressing any self interest motives in protecting Family and Friends just a desire to put the best product out for the best interests of THE PARENTS, THE TAXPAYERS, and most of all THE CHILDREN OF KEARNY. Sadly up to this point if you were to be graded I would give you an A+ for settling scores and an F for everything else. I wish you the best and hope things change. I don't believe they will I hope i'm wrong.

Guest Guest

The game is over for now and its only a matter of time before the inner establishment in the School System turns against this Board, combined with the public and parents which are already against you. It is true you control the agenda for now so lets see what you do in the coming School Year before you fall on your face. I hope its not the case because I want you to suceed , I have no selfish interest in addressing any self interest motives in protecting Family and Friends just a desire to put the best product out for the best interests of THE PARENTS, THE TAXPAYERS, and most of all THE CHILDREN OF KEARNY. Sadly up to this point if you were to be graded I would give you an A+ for settling scores and an F for everything else. I wish you the best and hope things change. I don't believe they will I hope i'm wrong.

You replied to my post but I am not on the Board or involved in Kearny politics or the school system in any way except as a taxpayer and voter. I'm just tired of the constant carping and complaining the faction represented by the stooges; that's all they have to offer. We would be better off if they kept it to themselves.

Guest Freddie

Strong words from someone with "no selfish interest". Hmmm? I would have to disagree with you that the public and the parents are against this board. It seems to be just the opposite. Even though attendance could be better, people are coming to the meetings more than they have in the last few years. Even having two cops on the board can't keep them away. People are voicing their opinions, good and bad, without rioting in the streets. As for your grading system, you can keep your F. The district is moving forward in positive ways. More has been done by the administration in the past 7 months to support our children than was done in the last four years. The improvements are noticeable with many more on the way. Come to a board meeting. The transparency won't hurt you.

Guest School Watch

Explain how it has improved??????? and I have been to board meetings. The new slogan should be for this election " HAVE YOU REALLY HAD ENOUGH " As for my F I call them as I see them.

Guest Guest

You replied to my post but I am not on the Board or involved in Kearny politics or the school system in any way except as a taxpayer and voter. I'm just tired of the constant carping and complaining the faction represented by the stooges; that's all they have to offer. We would be better off if they kept it to themselves.

See, thats the thing..once you point out the downsides of any particular faction....you are automatically accused of being on the other side..and Therin lies the problem...the BOE for DECADES has been nothing more than an Ego-Boosting operation for people to play King and.or Kingmaker with little to no actual oversight. When you follow the rules...you're accused of playing Politics, when you DONT Follow the rules you are called out on it..it is a No-Win situation, and no matter who gets Elected...there is someone waiting eagerly to demonize them.

Guest Parent

WWE Champion

Has anyone checked out the School Board Candidate Fernandez?

Has anyone seen the picture of Mr. Fernandez with his wrestling belts?

Go to Twitter oofman21. Or just google Oscar Omar Fernandez, Kearny,NJ.

See some of the pictures he has taken on enjoygram.

Love your action figure collection.

We don,t need someone on the board who acts so immature.

Does he plan on wearing his belt to board meeting?

Mr Fernandez, you need to reconsider your running for the board.

Mr Fernandez I give you a lot of credit for running against this group Look what they do their supporters make fun of you and try to discredit you. Typical it never changes every year these bozos get on the web and always try to BUILD THEMSELVES UP BY BRINGING PEOPLE DOWN!!!! SHAME ON THEM!!!!! Please if you are reading this leave a phone number where you can be reached our group would like to help you.

Guest Guest

Mr Fernandez I give you a lot of credit for running against this group Look what they do their supporters make fun of you and try to discredit you. Typical it never changes every year these bozos get on the web and always try to BUILD THEMSELVES UP BY BRINGING PEOPLE DOWN!!!! SHAME ON THEM!!!!! Please if you are reading this leave a phone number where you can be reached our group would like to help you.

What are his qualifications?

Guest Freddie

Explain how it has improved??????? and I have been to board meetings. The new slogan should be for this election " HAVE YOU REALLY HAD ENOUGH " As for my F I call them as I see them.

Ahh! And so it goes, "no selfish interest." Really? Your opinion is too pointed for anyone to believe that. If you really weren't so full of crap, you could possibly be believable. Our previous boards caused enough damage to our district that it will take years to fix. Midland Ave., the high school project, the middle school concept all delayed and mismanaged for political and personal reasons. Five board members had the majority vote and full control of the board for 3 years and they ran the district into the ground due to really bad decisions on some issues and by gross inaction on others. They held the district hostage the entire time which directly impacted our children and left the district with its current mess. Too many angry cops, a drunk, an angry electrician and a guy under federal indictment who didn't do it all on the board at the same time with too many personal hit lists to count. The problems created were many but as I previously stated, it seems that they are being addressed transparently.

In any case, it will take many years through multiple boards to get the district back to where it belongs. It is clear that this process has begun and the district is moving forward whether or not you acknowledge it yourself. You should save your F for those responsible for the dilemma and not those who are actually correcting it.