State Champions

Guest GUNS

Congratulations to the Harrison High Boys soccer team for winning their 25 th State Championship witha 4 to 0 victory over Haddon Township. As a former Harrison soccer player who played on 3 State Championships I applaud the team and its coach for their accomplishment.

Guest downwithfedres

Coaching the team must be a thankless,as you are expected to either win the title,or come close every year.

I went down to Hightstown to watch the final in 1964.We lost,1-0.Bobby Kolmer got kicked in the head by one of their players.

Congratulations to the Harrison High Boys soccer team for winning their 25 th State Championship witha 4 to 0 victory over Haddon Township. As a former Harrison soccer player who played on 3 State Championships I applaud the team and its coach for their accomplishment.

I can't agree with you more. These two brothers that coach will eventually be in the State Soccer Hall of Fame. Amazing job is putting it lightly! With all the history involved with the Harrison Soccer program, I am surprised that it hasn't been put into a ESPN documentary, would be awesome to see the championship years and players names that starred on those teams. Can anyone contribute and post the years of all 25 championships? What was the first year of the soccer program at Harrison? This is 2014 and I doubt the program goes back a hundred years, which means the HHS soccer team has won the title more than a quarter of the years. Maybe a third of the years? Some schools have never won one title and HHS has 25! Too big a story not to be recognized nationally. "Guns" wrote that he was on three Championship teams in four years. That is incredible! Please tell which years they were. Please keep this topic serious and keep the dumb political comments out of the topic. Thank you "Guns" for starting this topic! Shocking that no one else has even commented on it. One more thing that amazes me is how a High School team from Harrison could win that many championships with the limited facilities that were at hand. Double Diamond, The Courts weren't exactly soccer academy type facilities. My guess is years ago it was in the genes, talent was handed from father to son. The players then all knew each other. Now with the influx of different nationalities it has more to do with coaching. More attention should be brought to the Rusek's truly amazing.

I can't agree with you more. These two brothers that coach will eventually be in the State Soccer Hall of Fame. Amazing job is putting it lightly! With all the history involved with the Harrison Soccer program, I am surprised that it hasn't been put into a ESPN documentary, would be awesome to see the championship years and players names that starred on those teams. Can anyone contribute and post the years of all 25 championships? What was the first year of the soccer program at Harrison? This is 2014 and I doubt the program goes back a hundred years, which means the HHS soccer team has won the title more than a quarter of the years. Maybe a third of the years? Some schools have never won one title and HHS has 25! Too big a story not to be recognized nationally. "Guns" wrote that he was on three Championship teams in four years. That is incredible! Please tell which years they were. Please keep this topic serious and keep the dumb political comments out of the topic. Thank you "Guns" for starting this topic! Shocking that no one else has even commented on it. One more thing that amazes me is how a High School team from Harrison could win that many championships with the limited facilities that were at hand. Double Diamond, The Courts weren't exactly soccer academy type facilities. My guess is years ago it was in the genes, talent was handed from father to son. The players then all knew each other. Now with the influx of different nationalities it has more to do with coaching. More attention should be brought to the Rusek's truly amazing.

1953-54 and 55 were the teams I played on. We got trophies and jackets for our efforts. My last year we went undefeated and beat 3 college teams, West Point, Fairleigh Dickinson and Seton Hall. Artie Barber was the coach.

The Kearny Hall of Fame recognized the entire 1950 team several years ago, but Harrison has dome nothing.

There are still a few players alive from the above Harrison Championship teams.