Mayor Santos Already Putting Spin On Taxes.

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

Newcomer to Hudson politics? If you only knew!

I worked on the Santos campaign. I know how much money was spent and you are not telling the truth!  As to the financing of your campaign: How much were the tickets to your "fundraiser/soiree" in **** ******** law office? How many blue collar Dems were able to attend? And how is ******* connected to Nick Sacco and the other Hudson County Dems? Just because the check wasn't directly from the HCDO coffers, doesn't mean they didn't finance you. (I was born at night, but not last night.) You couldn't raise $34,000.00 on your own if your life depended on it.

Don't you get it yet? The campaign wasn't about getting you elected, it was about preventing Santos from getting elected. But it didn't work, did it? By the end of the campaign, even your own running mates weren't happy with you.

You just can't stand the idea that Hudson County used you to take its shot and you lost; but, unlike you, they admitted it, made nice, and everyone else is moving on.

I knew you wouldn't mind, so I sent a copy of your response to Bernie Kenny. He is not happy. Wouldn't be surprised if you heard from him soon.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Gee, it seems I really hit a nerve with you this time - syntax errors, typo's, and poor grammar. Calm down, will you?

Now go check the NJ ELEC website if you don't believe me.

And try to relax.

Jim Mangin

ps - Bernie's not happy with me? With his recent operation I sincerely doubt I'm on his mind. And as much as I wish him well in his recovery, try to imagine how much I care if he's happy with me or not. He's still mad at me for not dropping out the race in 2003.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcomer to Hudson politics? If you only knew!

I worked on the Santos campaign. I know how much money was spent and you are not telling the truth!  As to the financing of your campaign: How much were the tickets to your "fundraiser/soiree" in **** ******** law office? How many blue collar Dems were able to attend? And how is ******* connected to Nick Sacco and the other Hudson County Dems? Just because the check wasn't directly from the HCDO coffers, doesn't mean they didn't finance you. (I was born at night, but not last night.) You couldn't raise $34,000.00 on your own if your life depended on it.

Don't you get it yet? The campaign wasn't about getting you elected, it was about preventing Santos from getting elected. But it didn't work, did it? By the end of the campaign, even your own running mates weren't happy with you.

You just can't stand the idea that Hudson County used you to take its shot and you lost; but, unlike you, they admitted it, made nice, and everyone else is moving on.

I knew you wouldn't mind, so I sent a copy of your response to Bernie Kenny. He is not happy. Wouldn't be surprised if you heard from him soon.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Jimbo,

Your reply to this post just kind of skipped over the issue of your out-of-town, pricey ticket, fundraiser held in the offices of a very prestigious law firm which has very close connections to North Bergen. I'm sure that it was an oversight. Care to address it now? (You might want to keep in mind that I have a very close connection to one of your disenchanted ex-running mates.)

Guest MangWarp9

Jim,

I went to www.elec.state.nj.us and you know what I found? That you're warp mode again.

Here are the facts from NJ ELEC:

Santos spent $14,743.44 on his primary race against you for Mayor in 2003. That's on Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses." On the Santos final report for the 2003 primary, he transferred over 30,000 of unspent funds to his general election campaign. The final report also shows a variety of contributions to other candidates, community fund-raisers and noncampaign expenses of about $14,000 over a two year period. The Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses on the final Mangin report is $34,846.59.

As to your statement that you 'didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems,' that's one amazing lie, Jim. Again from the NJ Elec reports, YOU received:

$1,000 from Hudson County Assemblyman Anthony Impreveduto (now out of office for embezzling campaign funds) and

$1,000 from Secaucus (Hudson County) Mayor Elwell and

$1,000 from North Bergen (Hudson County) Town Attorney Herb Klitzner and

$1,000 from Union City (Hudson County) Mayor Stack's campaign fund and

$1,000 from the North Hudson Regional Fire Dep't Attorney Ralph Lamparello and

$10,000 (yes ten thousand) from North Bergen Mayor Nick Sacco's North Bergen Democratic committee.

Those are just the blatant Hudson County Dems. You'd have to research some of the other donor names on the report to determine their connections to Hudson County Dems.

And you also have to research what expenses were paid by the Hudson County Democrats for the production, printing and mailing of your glossy literature. At least two of those don't turn up on your reports. Perhaps you should speak to your Treasurer (Steve Marks) as whether the limitations period is up on incomplete and inaccurate filings?

Jim,

I went to www.elec.state.nj.us and you know what I found?  That you're warp mode again.

Santos spent $14,743.44 on his primary race against you for Mayor in 2003.  That's on Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses."  On the Santos final report for the 2003 primary, he transferred over 30,000 of unspent funds to his general election campaign.  The final report also shows a variety of contributions to other candidates, community fund-raisers and noncampaign expenses of about $14,000 over a two year period.  The Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses on the final Mangin report is $34,846.59.

As to your statement that you 'didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems,' that's one amazing lie, Jim.  Again from the NJ Elec reports, YOU received:

$1,000 from Hudson County Assemblyman Anthony Impreveduto (now out of office for embezzling campaign funds) and

$10,000 (yes ten thousand) from North Bergen Mayor Nick Sacco's North Bergen Democratic committee.

Those are just the blatant Hudson County Dems.  You'd have to research some of the other donor names on the report to determine their connections to Hudson County Dems. 

And you also have to research what expenses were paid by the Hudson County Democrats for the production, printing and mailing of your glossy literature.  At least two of those don't turn up on your reports.  Perhaps you should speak to your Treasurer (Steve Marks) as whether the limitations period is up on incomplete and inaccurate filings?

Did everyone get a chance to examine this official campaign information?

Wow, Mangin spent almost two and a half times as Santos spent and he still lost! Even at $500.00 a throw (obviously not geared to attract the average Dem), that's a lot of tickets. (And Mangin has the nerve to call someone else a "sellout".) I guess the folks who bought them thought they were going to get some return on their investment. Must have been disappointing for them, huh?

What I don't understand is why Mr. Mangin lied about where he got his funds and how much he spent; especially when it is so easy to check it out.

I'm sure there must be some explanation. Right, Jim?

Lets not forget this MAYOR is preparing for yet another TAX INCREASE after the election. More "FOR SALE SIGNS" more people throwing up their hands and giving up again. "THANK YOU MAYOR SANTOS" Make a statement "WRITE IN MANGIN FOR MAYOR"

Jim,

I went to www.elec.state.nj.us and you know what I found?  That you're warp mode again.

Santos spent $14,743.44 on his primary race against you for Mayor in 2003.  That's on Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses."  On the Santos final report for the 2003 primary, he transferred over 30,000 of unspent funds to his general election campaign.  The final report also shows a variety of contributions to other candidates, community fund-raisers and noncampaign expenses of about $14,000 over a two year period.  The Table II, Line 1 Disbursements -- Campaign Expenses on the final Mangin report is $34,846.59.

As to your statement that you 'didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems,' that's one amazing lie, Jim.  Again from the NJ Elec reports, YOU received:

Those are just the blatant Hudson County Dems.  You'd have to research some of the other donor names on the report to determine their connections to Hudson County Dems. 

And you also have to research what expenses were paid by the Hudson County Democrats for the production, printing and mailing of your glossy literature.  At least two of those don't turn up on your reports.  Perhaps you should speak to your Treasurer (Steve Marks) as whether the limitations period is up on incomplete and inaccurate filings?

Three days have passed, and still no comment?

Guest Guest Who?
Three days have passed, and still no comment?

He is probably waiting for his new best buddy, BERT DIAZ, PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPAL a/k/a THE SILENT MAJORITY, to write his response for him.

Jimmy Baby, please tell us you are not in bed with BD.

First CJD and now you? So far neither has denounced any support they are receiving from this loudmouth.

Don't take your eye off the ball "KEARNY TAXPAYERS" Mayor Santos will increase your TAXES after this election. "WRITE IN JAMES MANGIN FOR MAYOR OF KEARNY" Smoke and Mirrors won't work Mayor Santos on avoiding the issue of "HIGH PROPERTY TAXES" Answer the people MAYOR as to why property taxes are out of control!!!!!!!

Did everyone get a chance to examine this official campaign information?

Wow, Mangin spent almost two and a half times as Santos spent and he still lost! Even at $500.00 a throw (obviously not geared to attract the average Dem), that's a lot of tickets. (And Mangin has the nerve to call someone else a "sellout".) I guess the folks who bought them thought they were going to get some return on their investment. Must have been disappointing for them, huh?

What I don't understand is why Mr. Mangin lied about where he got his funds and how much he spent; especially when it is so easy to check it out.

I'm sure there must be some explanation. Right, Jim?

The only explanation I can offer is simple - I made a mistake. The figure I quoted from Mayor's Santos' campaign report was his total disbursements and not his total campaign expenditures. I was wrong and I should've checked the detail of the report. I won't make that mistake again.

As to the fundraiser you mentioned, I'm assuming you meant our first fundraiser and not the one held at the LCC. Those tickets were I think $30 each. At our first fundraiser I had the chance to speak to everyone there (it was a small crowd). And every person there, including Mayor Stack of Union City and Mayor Elwell of Secaucus told me their own person reasons for supporting us. It was a very eye-opening experience.

But if your question was did we have a fundraiser where tickets were $500 each, the answer is yes. But you knew that already didn't you?

Now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine. Do you honestly think that anyone will believe your explanation that the $1,500 Mayor Santos gave to the HCDO in April 2004 was a "regular annual assesment"?

Could you please answer that and then we'll move on.

Jim Mangin

The man is probably working or taking care of his family duties.  Unlike you and Mayor Santos, Mangin has a real job.

Thanks for the thought. And you're right. I have been very busy lately between the two jobs and "back to school' issues. I don't check this board every day. It's important, but not nearly as important as other issues.

Thanks again.

Jim Mangin

Guest Jimmy Boy
Thanks for the thought. And you're right. I have been very busy lately between the two jobs and "back to school' issues. I don't check this board every day. It's important, but not nearly as important as other issues.

Thanks again.

Jim Mangin

B.S. ARTIST

The only explanation I can offer is simple - I made a mistake. The figure I quoted from Mayor's Santos' campaign report was his total disbursements and not his total campaign expenditures. I was wrong and I should've checked the detail of the report. I won't make that mistake again.

As to the fundraiser you mentioned, I'm assuming you meant our first fundraiser and not the one held at the LCC. Those tickets were I think $30 each. At our first fundraiser I had the chance to speak to everyone there (it was a small crowd). And every person there, including Mayor Stack of Union City and Mayor Elwell of Secaucus told me their own person reasons for supporting us. It was a very eye-opening experience.

But if your question was did we have a fundraiser where tickets were $500 each, the answer is yes. But you knew that already didn't you?

Now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine. Do you honestly think that anyone will believe your explanation that the $1,500 Mayor Santos gave to the HCDO in April 2004 was a "regular annual assesment"?

Could you please answer that and then we'll move on.

Jim Mangin

You made a mistake? You know probably better than anyone how to read those reports. You scrutinized Santos' report and when you couldn't find anything incriminating, you did what you always do. You purposely misled the readers on this site.

You assumed I meant the first fundraiser? Who are you kidding? I described it as an out-of-town pricey ticket affair. How could you be confused, Jimbo?

And what about those in attendance? Who contributed and how much? No Hudson County Dems? Really! You lied, big time! You didn't "raise" the money. You were TOLD when and where to show-up and you were handed a number of very large checks. You are not the noble, independent, altruistic, regular guy you try to portray.

I offered the "annual assessment" scenario as a possible rational explanation for the alleged contribution, because no one could possibly believe that HCDO (one of the wealthiest Democratic organizations around) would sell a ballot spot to someone you claim they don't even respect, for a measly $1500.00. That just defies all logic.

Santos and his team got the line because they win and you don't!

Guest Guest Who?

Jim, you might have missed this, so I'll post it again.

He is probably waiting for his new best buddy, BERT DIAZ, PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPAL a/k/a THE SILENT MAJORITY, to write his response for him.

Jimmy Baby, please tell us you are not in bed with BD.

First CJD and now you?  So far neither has denounced any support they are receiving from this loudmouth.

Silence on this issue, just like CJD's silence, really speaks volumes. So Carol, we know you read the forum, so please just come on here and settle it. Are you accepting the support of Bert Diaz a/k/a The Silent Majority?

Jim, same question.

Jim, you might have missed this, so I'll post it again.

Silence on this issue, just like CJD's silence, really speaks volumes.  So Carol, we know you read the forum, so please just come on here and settle it.  Are you accepting the support of Bert Diaz a/k/a The Silent Majority?

Jim, same question.

Accepting the support of Bert Diaz? Why I do declare, I'm much too busy putting ads in the Observer listing the financial results of the latest Doyle and Brady lawsuit.

CJD

Guest Why Not
Accepting the support of Bert Diaz?  Why I do declare, I'm much too busy putting ads in the Observer listing the financial results of the latest Doyle and Brady lawsuit.

CJD

Hey if Mrs. Doyle wants to run why not. I would respect her decision and her courage. No one else is stepping up to the plate. Although since Santos gave her husband the judgeship, it may be hard for her to go against him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hold on to your hats, Because SANTOS has no opposition you will now most likely see one of the LARGEST PROPERTY TAX INCREASES in the history of KEARNY. This is the price we pay for not having a choice in this election. "WRITE IN JAMES MANGIN FOR MAYOR"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TOWN HALL OBSERVER

Look out Kearny Taxpayers SANTOS has 4 years, Remember who you voted for when you receive in all likely hood the largest TAX INCREASE in the history of Kearny.