Mayor Santos Already Putting Spin On Taxes.

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

Guest Guest

pete was a good guy who tried hard. his problem was santos always second guessing him then carol doyle betrayed him and he just kind of gave up after that. he did ok is my point.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Good Democrat
Not complaining? That's all you ever do!! Never offer alternative solutions, just vague doomsday scenarios and misinformation.  You really think John Campbell is CAPABLE of coming up with better, more logical, more well thought-out budget solutions than Santos?  What the hell have you been smokin'?  Santos is the smartest, most honest, and hardest working mayor this town has had in a very long time. I have nothing to gain by saying this and I have seen 'em all from Healey right to today.  He does confront the tax problem. Do the math--those "quick fixes" you refer to have saved you millions of dollars in tax revenue. Guess a lot of people agree--his numbers at the polls are impressive and will continue to be.

My prediction--Santos by at least 2 to 1!!!!!

SANTOS WILL THRIVE IN 2005

Please do not even put the Healey name in the same sentence as Santos. I've seen em all too.

Guest A. Realist
pete was a good guy who tried hard. his problem was santos always second guessing him then carol doyle betrayed him and he just kind of gave up after that. he did ok is my point.

How did I know Super Santos would get the blame for Pete McIntyre's short-comings? Pete was a great guy who was just what we needed to get past the scandalous Vartan years, but he was in way over his head. Doyle never betrayed him. She was probably the last one to run with him when he ran against Santos in a primary. Check your facts, folks.

Guest applesAndoranges
Absolutely right. Now think about what he did for Kearny and then tell me if you really want another blue collar Mayor. :rolleyes:

I feel Blue collar workers express a direct approach at trouble shooting complex tasks while white collar workers exhibit an indirect approach toward problem solving which leaves an open ended solution matrix that makes things agreeable to no one. Blue collar people know how to work where as white collar individuals know how to delegate responsiability and take credit for the underlings labor. Blue collar employee's take a shirt sleve approach at tackling the task at hand. White collar workers find blue collar workers who can do the job for them. The blue collar work philosophy is "One should earn a living" while the white collar feels he or she is intitled to to what they gain by knowing the right people. Blue collar workers fear loosing their jobs from white collar executives who roll the dice thinking there is more where this came from.

Guest A. Realist
I feel Blue collar workers express a direct approach at trouble shooting complex tasks while white collar workers exhibit an indirect approach toward problem solving which leaves an open ended solution matrix that makes things agreeable to no one. Blue collar people know how to work where as white collar individuals know how to delegate responsiability and take credit for the underlings labor. Blue collar employee's take a shirt sleve approach at tackling the task at hand. White collar workers find blue collar workers who can do the job for them. The blue collar work philosophy is "One should earn a living" while the white collar feels he or she is intitled to to what they gain by knowing the right people. Blue collar workers fear loosing their jobs from white collar executives who roll the dice thinking there is more where this came from.

Well, la-di-da! Aren't we verbose and pedantic? Silly me. I thought the only difference between "blue collar" folks and "white collar" folks was the color of their shirts. By the way, is there a difference between light "blue collar" and dark "blue collar" people? My Mom always taught me that there are good and bad in all color collars. Stop with the stereotyping, already.

Guest Flabbergasted
Well, la-di-da! Aren't we verbose and pedantic? Silly me. I thought the only difference between "blue collar" folks and "white collar" folks was the color of their shirts.  By the way, is there a difference between light "blue collar" and dark "blue collar" people?  My Mom always taught me that there are good and bad in all color collars.  Stop with the stereotyping, already.

Score one for the Realist.

Guest Guest_TAXPAYER_*

AFTER THIS SCHOOL ELECTION HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS SANTOS HASN'T GIVEN YOU THE MUNICPAL TAX INCREASE AFTER THE SCHOOL TAX INCREASE. HE HAS NO OPPOSITION IN THE ELECTION SO WHY WOULD HE WORRY ABOUT THE AFTER EFFECTS FROM AN OUTRAGED PROPERTY OWNER. PEOPLE IN KEARNY GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Can Mayor Santos and the Town Council make a pledge that property taxes will not go up in 2005-2006??

Not only will your taxes go up but just wait and see what happens if real estate prices go in the toilet. Will Santos and the "yes girls" adjust your taxes accordingly?

Guest Guest 99
Can Mayor Santos and the Town Council make a pledge that property taxes will not go up in 2005-2006??

That has to be one of the most inane questions I've ever seen in here. Can you make a pledge the sun will shine tomorrow?

How do you expect such a pledge by the Mayor and Council when they only have control over approx. 25% of your taxes? What about the BOE and the County with the other 75%? You'd be better off asking PSE&G or Comcast for a pledge. :ph34r:

Guest Guest
Not only will your taxes go up but just wait and see what happens if real estate prices go in the toilet.  Will Santos and the "yes girls" adjust your taxes accordingly?

So what you're saying is you want a revaluation so everyone pays their share, including you?

• 1 month later...
Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

Let us not forget how much the property taxes have gone up in KEARNY since MAYOR ALBERTO G. SANTOS has been in office.

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
When Mayor Santos took office in 2000 the municipal tax levy was $14,827,243.29.

In the last adopted budget the municipal tax rate was $21,511,373.65.

This averages out to be about a $1.33 million increase per year.

Jim Mangin

Knowing the Mayor and Mary{The Bull} Torres, along with the Town Council, they are trying to figure out a way they can blame Leo Vartan for the 1.33 Million Dollars Tax increase. They will twist it, they will turn it, somehow, Oh Holy Santos, Santos,Santos will not be responsible for this fiscal mess. I broke out of the Holy Santos trance and many more are setting themselves free.....IMPEACH THE MAYOR, VOTE OUT ALL HIS CROANIES FROM THE KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION AND FROM THE TOWN COUNCIL AND THEN BRING BACK THE HONORABLE JUDGE THOMAS McKEOWN TO HIS APPROPRIATE SEAT............NO MORE OF THE SANTO-OLOGY CULT IN KEARNY.

First of all, this site is getting worse by the day in reference to it's monitoring and posting process. How can persons debate an issue when the site is updated sometimes every four days? Having said that, back to the discussion at hand.

Silent, you are so vague in your wording that some may be led to believe you are a former elected official or wannabe squeezing the sour grapes. If you could, please identify the "key areas in this budget that "unpopular as they may be" need to be cleared up".  Also, if you would please clarify, "steering the towns problems away from your adminstration and on to some other entity".

The town contracts are in arbitration, so unless the Mayor and Town Council simply concede to all the union demands, the arbitrator will have the final say. However, if they did give in, your taxes would go up and you would just have one more complaint. Is that what you're looking for? There also has been some talk on other strings that perhaps the union leadership is as much to blame for the dragging on of negotiations. I do not know this to be true or not.

You are correct, however, that the ten point plan did not succeed. The Mayor has stated publicly that the plan was not as complete success, but some points, such as redevelopement, are long term and only time will tell. Applebees, Walmart and the possibility of Lowes coming to town will add very large rateables to the tax rolls, thereby easing the homeowners burden.

Finally, I have yet to see or hear any response to my request for answers from you or anyone else.

B)

i can answer 1 thing go back to the observer site! its faster B)

Guest Loki

From slightly under $15 million to just over $21 million in five years!!!! An increase of just UNDER 50% over 5 years, and what, if anything, has gotten that much better. Mr. Mangin, I certainly hope this opens the eyes of the other taxpayers.

Many may say that you weren't the answer, however, I think it is certainly clear that Santos isn't. That's hardly a winning record for our B.A. either. Mr. D'Arco, please submit your resignation, if these are the savings you bring to us.

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
From slightly under $15 million to just over $21 million in five years!!!!  An increase of just UNDER 50% over 5 years, and what, if anything, has gotten that much better.  Mr. Mangin, I certainly hope this opens the eyes of the other taxpayers.

Many may say that you weren't the answer, however, I think it is certainly clear that Santos isn't.  That's hardly a winning record for our B.A. either.  Mr. D'Arco, please submit your resignation, if these are the savings you bring to us.

Remember it is possible, very possible to impeach the Mayor.He has degenerated the complete administration of this town.This municipality is by far the most Mis-Managed in comparison to all the other surrounding communties. Our property value is plummeting,our schools are poorly staff, yet 60% of our taxes go to the Public Schools. Our emergency health care is non-existant, our govermental employees are under constant harrassment for the purpose of intimidation, we had a 1.33 million dollar tax increase under Santos' administration, we are in the hole for 2.5 million dollars and need another 35 million to correctly make reparations, the Kearny High School wall came down and it's costing the tax payers more millions.........Call into question the Mayor and his people and they will NOT take responsibility for any of these issues.To whom do we point the finger? The Santo-ologist and Mary Torres point it to St. Barnabas, Leo Vartan,Moby Dick,and Flipper The Dolphin NOT to the Mayor. Bring the Mayor before a tribunal with a list of questions and factual data and he will be IMPEACHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From slightly under $15 million to just over $21 million in five years!!!!  An increase of just UNDER 50% over 5 years, and what, if anything, has gotten that much better.  Mr. Mangin, I certainly hope this opens the eyes of the other taxpayers.

Many may say that you weren't the answer, however, I think it is certainly clear that Santos isn't.  That's hardly a winning record for our B.A. either.  Mr. D'Arco, please submit your resignation, if these are the savings you bring to us.

While I may not have been the answer, that's never going to stop me from asking the question. In my opinion my 2003 campaign against the Mayor was actually a success. At the time I could see the direction the Town was taking in terms of our increasing debt and I knew it was just a matter of time before the Board of Education jumped on the bonding bandwagon.

Back then it seemed I was the only one concerned. Since that election it appears to me that many more people are now more concerned than ever about Kearny's future and our ability to re-pay the massive debt we've accumulated under Mayor Santos's watch. One of my goals in that election was to increase the public's awareness and think we succeeded in that.

Jim Mangin

Guest Loki

Mr. Mangin, meant no disrespect. I was only trying to point out to Santos' sycophants, that maybe their campaign against you was misguided. I expect that you will continue to ask questions, I only hope that you do not expect to find real answers on this board. The powers that be don't like to answer questions, only hold pep rallies.

Guest guest
While I may not have been the answer, that's never going to stop me from asking the question. In my opinion my 2003 campaign against the Mayor was actually a success. At the time I could see the direction the Town was taking in terms of our increasing debt and I knew it was just a matter of time before the Board of Education jumped on the bonding bandwagon.

Back then it seemed I was the only one concerned. Since that election it appears to me that many more people are now more concerned than ever about Kearny's future and our ability to re-pay the massive debt we've accumulated under Mayor Santos's watch. One of my goals in that election was to increase the public's awareness and think we succeeded in that.

Jim Mangin

Mr. Mangin, You are the answer. Iam upset about the property tax increase. My husband and I live on a fixed income and the area of Town we live in we only see it getting worse. You inform us with alot information. I did not vote for Santos never.I have been at Town meetings and I witnessed how he treats residents and how he would pick on you. Everyone else would jump in defending Santos.Something is wrong up there,its a cult. The Santos cult.

Guest Guest
Mr. Mangin, You are the answer. Iam upset about the property tax increase. My husband and I live on a fixed income and the area of Town we live in we only see it getting worse. You inform us with alot information. I did not vote for Santos never.I have been at Town meetings  and I witnessed how he treats residents and how he would pick on you. Everyone else would jump in defending Santos.Something is wrong up there,its a cult. The Santos cult.

Why worry about taxes now? Pay your bill and be happy.. Santos is at the Thrown, after all isn't that what we the residents of Kearny wanted?

Where were you the last two years when Mangin needed your vote? How about Morejon who if I remember correctly had a finance education and collected taxes for a living?

There is no hope for Kearny, perhaps we will have a blackout on election day next year, and people will put down the remote controle and head to the polls.

Mangin do you think that you and Morejon will be running again next year?