Lincoln School Trailers

Guest William Street Resident

I have plenty to complain about including how poor my kids are getting educated at the Harrison Public School. The patronage and political corruption have caused a crisis. The state instead of building a new school and wasting their money should put video cameras in the classrooms to videotape the teachers poor teaching skills. Patronage has resulted in a poor school system.

If you are that unhappy with the education your kids are getting, why don't you stop complaining and either move or send them to a private school. Trust me Harrison wouldn't miss you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have plenty to complain about including how poor my kids are getting educated at the Harrison Public School. The patronage and political corruption have caused a crisis. The state instead of building a new school and wasting their money should put video cameras in the classrooms to videotape the teachers poor teaching skills. Patronage has resulted in a poor school system.

The splurge and send your kids to a PRIVATE school and stop bitchin'.

Guest guest_Guest

WE happen to agree there should be video in the schools because most of these

teachers should not be teaching.i have alot to say about teachers we need some that can teach.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest
The Board of Ed placed in the street blocking traffic and in the fire zone in front of Lincoln School trailers to be used as classrooms.  This latest decision shows how incompetent Peter Higgins and the puppet board of education members are.  The superwide trailers eliminate at least 12 parking spaces which residents used at night; block access to fire trucks responding to the school if there is a fire; stick out into the street blocking passage of trucks including garbage trucks if there are cars parked on the right side of the street (eliminating another 12 parking spaces); are a danger to the children because they can be hit by a vehicle and/or are potential terrorist targets; ruin the look of the street and cheapen the school's appearance.

Lincoln School has an inner court.  Why didn't our politically connected leaders think out a plan to build a structure (even a temporary one) inside the courtyard.  What is causing all these children to come to Harrison is the free Abbott funded daycares in town. The word is out free daycare if you move to Harrison and so all the families with kids are coming.  The Board of Ed need to get their act together this is ridiculous.

Do Councilman Doran and Dologhan support the placement of these trailers in the street.  Isn't parking horrendous already.  These trailers eliminate parking for residents.  The BOE is out of control.  Remove these trailers!  Councilman do some work if you expect to get my vote and the vote of my neighbors.  Visit William Street and see for yourself.  This town has gone downhill.  Mayor Rodgers would never have let this happen.  He actually had a brain.  McDonough has no brain but knows how to put his hand out for him and his family members.

did we forget?

The trailers that have been placed on William Street are TEMPORARY.  How does the placement of these trailers show how incompenant the Board of Education is?  Would you rather the number of students in a class be 35 to one teacher?  As I have already stated, the trailers are temporary and should be removed by Nov. 1st. if not, then complain to the town.

New trailers will be placed in the driveway of the school, ON SCHOOL PROPERTY, on Cross Street.

As for the trailers being potential terrorist targets, are you on crack?  What terrorist is going to bomb two trailers housing 2 classes in a small town?  I don't think al-Queda has moved Lincoln School up on their list of places to hit.

I passed by today and they have made the trailers look as nice as possible by adding a skirt to the bottom and concealing the underside.

If you have not noticed the side of the street opposite of the trailers has been painted yellow, and signs have been posted that say that there is no parking on that side of the street.  This was the correct thing to do so that there is enough clearance for cars to pass.  When school is in session Cross Street from 4th to 5th Street will be CLOSED like it was a few years back.  Therefore there is no worry about the trailers being hit while they are occupied.  Go ahead and complain about that, because I'm sure you and your neighbors will.

There were never 12 parking spaces in the fire zone in front of the school.  At most, maybe 5...so let’s not exaggerate.  The other side of the street where parking is now prohibited also never had 12 spots, maybe at most 6, again with the exaggeration.  Use the driveways that are there.

Obviously the town had to approve the trailers being placed on town property, so instead of being childish and complaining about it on a website, get your ass down to the next town meeting and go cry to McDonough, so he can just tell you to shut up and sit down.  Your vote really doesn't matter to the councilmen of the 4th ward, so don’t threaten them saying you won’t vote for them.

I can tell you went to school in Harrison, you don't believe in proofreading or correcting your punctuations.  I hope you rewrite that letter you probably wrote to the Observer.  :D

You work on that street, you dont own property there. Nice try though!

Guest Guest
The trailers that have been placed on William Street are TEMPORARY.  How does the placement of these trailers show how incompenant the Board of Education is?  Would you rather the number of students in a class be 35 to one teacher?  As I have already stated, the trailers are temporary and should be removed by Nov. 1st. if not, then complain to the town.

New trailers will be placed in the driveway of the school, ON SCHOOL PROPERTY, on Cross Street.

As for the trailers being potential terrorist targets, are you on crack?  What terrorist is going to bomb two trailers housing 2 classes in a small town?  I don't think al-Queda has moved Lincoln School up on their list of places to hit.

I passed by today and they have made the trailers look as nice as possible by adding a skirt to the bottom and concealing the underside.

If you have not noticed the side of the street opposite of the trailers has been painted yellow, and signs have been posted that say that there is no parking on that side of the street.  This was the correct thing to do so that there is enough clearance for cars to pass.  When school is in session Cross Street from 4th to 5th Street will be CLOSED like it was a few years back.  Therefore there is no worry about the trailers being hit while they are occupied.  Go ahead and complain about that, because I'm sure you and your neighbors will.

There were never 12 parking spaces in the fire zone in front of the school.  At most, maybe 5...so let’s not exaggerate.  The other side of the street where parking is now prohibited also never had 12 spots, maybe at most 6, again with the exaggeration.  Use the driveways that are there.

Obviously the town had to approve the trailers being placed on town property, so instead of being childish and complaining about it on a website, get your ass down to the next town meeting and go cry to McDonough, so he can just tell you to shut up and sit down.  Your vote really doesn't matter to the councilmen of the 4th ward, so don’t threaten them saying you won’t vote for them.

I can tell you went to school in Harrison, you don't believe in proofreading or correcting your punctuations.  I hope you rewrite that letter you probably wrote to the Observer.  :rolleyes:

IT'S GOING TO BE MORE LIKE 45 TO CLASS AFTER FIRING 40 TEACHERS

Well to sove the 45 per classroom & layoffs we should build more houses Townhouses, & maybe even the lofts in east newark That would sove the 45 per to 60 per, LOLOLOLOLOLwhy don't they lay off the poeple making the big money first You know the no show jobs, & such. NOT the ones teaching our children. Our schools are failing now what happens next year??????

Guest Guest
Well to sove the 45 per classroom & layoffs we should build more houses Townhouses, & maybe even the lofts in east newark That would sove the 45 per to 60 per, LOLOLOLOLOLwhy don't they lay off the poeple making the big money first You know the no show jobs, & such. NOT the ones teaching our children. Our schools are failing now what happens next year??????

ROMPER ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
If you are that unhappy with the education your kids are getting, why don't you stop complaining and either move or send them to a private school.  Trust me Harrison wouldn't miss you.

If a parent is concerned with the education for their children, the answer is not to move out.. education is the key to our future and Harrison kids should have the education they deserve.

Don't be so mean. It is people like you who reply with such nastieness that should rethink about living here or anywhere.

I know you wouldn't be welcome where I live. Think before you write.

Our children are the future no matter who and where they live.

Guest guest

I remember being in a class of 44; in Washinghton School on Hamilton St. in 1964 . We had one 4th grade for some reason, with Mrs Dorothy Brown as the teacher in her last year before retirement. We were quiet, no trouble and we all learned just like the next year when we had 2 classes. We did not make the class harder or more work for the teacher, nor did we learn less.

Guest Guest

Well......Take a look at Washington School today......Students who are out of control....and administrators who do not see anything wrong with their behavior.....the school is a mess and the Super's Office nor the Mayor even care......

Guest guest
Well......Take a look at Washington School today......Students who are out of control....and administrators who do not see anything wrong with their behavior.....the school is a mess and the Super's Office nor the Mayor even care......

SEX, DRUGS AND DISRESPECT. SHAME ON THE PARENTS AS WELL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived