Police And Fire Contracts

Guest Howard

Guest Guest

BUT, Have you received a raise in the last five years????? If so, please shut up, because some of these men haven't. Please try to keep up, I'd hate to think this discussion is too intense for you.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
You bunch of crybaby fireman are worthless to this town.  The Town Council should get rid of all of you.  I am employed and have a real job like man.  I also support a family on my salary.  You have a lot of nerve calling yourself MEN.  You are a bunch of part-time employees who face less danger than a teacher in grammer school.   You cowards shouldn't be paid at all.  Anyone with a heartbeat could do your job, including the elderly, crippled, and just about anyone else.  Stop all your 9/11 whining, acting like you are movie stars, and just go back to sleep.  Everyone is sick of your whining crap.

Ask the owners of SOS Gases if they are worthless. They just had a fire in there today & not one firefighter was seen running away, amazing! I'm sure all the firemen are happy that you have a job & support your family but FYI thats what your supposed to do. Also your rantings about the elderly,cripples & 911 are dispicable,You should be ashamed of yourself! Perhaps you should go up to the next union meeting of the FMBA and voice your opions in person, I'm sure you'll get all the attention your looking for there.

I did something important at work today too, but I didn't ask for a raise because of it - that's what I'm there for.

Everybody knows how important & risky changing the oil in a deep fat fryer is, who are those firemen kidding its just as hazardous as running into a fire at SOS Gas. You deserve a raise, so get off your little soapbox, muster up any fortitude you have & ask your Manager for your just due!

Guest Guest

Why do you present yourself as "the bravest' when you are scared shitless of peeing into a cup or having some hair snipped. Any 5 year old kid wouldn't be afraid of that, but YOU ARE!!! Gutless cowards, bravest my ass.

Guest Guest

Privacy issues aside, no one has ever asked the FD to pee in a cup. All were tested prior to hiring, and subject to a test, if there is suspicion of use and/or abuse.

It is always best to remain silent and let others think you are a fool, rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Guest Guest
Why do you present yourself as "the bravest' when you are scared shitless of peeing into a cup or having some hair snipped. Any 5 year old kid wouldn't be afraid of that, but YOU ARE!!! Gutless cowards, bravest my ass.

Why don't you come to the next union meeting, we will all give you a urine sample. Then you can swish it around in your mouth & you can determine what were all taking!

Guest Guest

If you read the posts, it is clear that the Fireman show their ignorance, lack of responsibility, and greed. They had to pass a drug test when they were hired. Big Deal. Any moron out there can pass a one time test when they know its coming. The pee into your mouth comment shows their arrogance and disdain for the general public and an attitude that they are better than everyone else. Well guys, you are not. How about unannounced random drug testing using hair samples. That don't sound too good does it? Little scared now, right "bravest?" Maybe they will settle the contract if you agree to that stipulation, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Too much to lose. When they do settle the contract, I hope the Mayor and Council have the guts not to make it retroactive. That would be a disgrace. 9/11 is over assholes, the people are tired of your whining and crying bullshit about the most easy job on earth. Sleep, eat, shit, and run your mouths. Thats all you are good for. You are a disgrace to yourself and your families by showing the COWARDICE of fighting the issue of random unannounced drug testing. It is long overdue in the entire Hudson County to finally get some of you leeches off the job. Good example to the kids. Unbelievable.

If you read the posts, it is clear that the Fireman show their ignorance, lack of responsibility, and greed.  They had to pass a drug test when they were hired. Big Deal.  Any moron out there can pass a one time test when they know its coming.  The pee into your mouth comment shows their arrogance and disdain for the general public and an attitude that they are better than everyone else.  Well guys, you are not.  How about unannounced random drug testing using hair samples.  That don't sound too good does it?  Little scared now, right "bravest?"  Maybe they will settle the contract if you agree to that stipulation, but we all know that ain't gonna happen.  Too much to lose.  When they do settle the contract, I hope the Mayor and Council have the guts not to make it retroactive.  That would be a disgrace.  9/11 is over assholes, the people are tired of your whining and crying bullshit about the most easy job on earth.  Sleep, eat, shit, and run your mouths. Thats all you are good for.  You are a disgrace to yourself and your families by showing the COWARDICE of fighting the issue of random unannounced drug testing.  It is long overdue in the entire Hudson County to finally get some of you leeches off the job.  Good example to the kids.  Unbelievable.

It's been a while since I last posted, but this post really has to be answered.

I'd like to know, where did this "random drug testing" issue come from? Does this person believe there is a problem with the Kearny Fire Dept in this area that might compromise public safety? If so, call me and I'll check it out. But I can tell you, in all my dealings with the Kearny Fire Department and firefighters and officers - I've never seen or heard anything that would lead me to that conclusion.

But, I'm not everywhere and can't see or hear everything. Apparently, this poster can. Since it is an issue of public safety you should take your proof (and I assume you have proof) to some proper authority. If you're afraid of retaliation, you can e-mail your information to me anonymously, and I'll take it to the proper authorities. Your information need not be actual proof either. Tell me what you've seen or heard and I'll check that out also.

There you have it, a plan of action for dealing with this public safety issue. Until you do your part I'm not changing my opinion or even considering random drug testing for the Fire Department. The ball's in your court.

Just on the slight chance that you don't have any proof, I have a question for you. Why are you trying to create an issue where none exists? Why create a diversion from the real issue that five years is a long time for anyone to work without a contract?

It is not an unreasonable request.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Guest To KOTW

You really should stop these posts about random drug testing. There is no issue on the fire dept with that, but yet this poster keeps coming thru with it. The name calling is getting out of hand and his posts are bordering on insane rage.

Since you're the one who edits these posts, if anything comes of this slander, you'll also be held liable. Obviously he wants nothing more than to make the KFD look bad and this site is helping him right along. Everyone is wondering what his hidden agenda is, maybe a disgruntled town employee? maybe even a council person?

Maybe we'll never know.......

Guest guest_Guest
If you read the posts, it is clear that the Fireman show their ignorance, lack of responsibility, and greed. They had to pass a drug test when they were hired. Big Deal. Any moron out there can pass a one time test when they know its coming. The pee into your mouth comment shows their arrogance and disdain for the general public and an attitude that they are better than everyone else. Well guys, you are not. How about unannounced random drug testing using hair samples. That don't sound too good does it? Little scared now, right "bravest?" Maybe they will settle the contract if you agree to that stipulation, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Too much to lose. When they do settle the contract, I hope the Mayor and Council have the guts not to make it retroactive. That would be a disgrace. 9/11 is over assholes, the people are tired of your whining and crying bullshit about the most easy job on earth. Sleep, eat, shit, and run your mouths. Thats all you are good for. You are a disgrace to yourself and your families by showing the COWARDICE of fighting the issue of random unannounced drug testing. It is long overdue in the entire Hudson County to finally get some of you leeches off the job. Good example to the kids. Unbelievable.

It is very clear to any moron that either you forgot to take your librium or you are on the verge of a nervous breakdown.We will pray that you seek professional help before your non-existent brain explodes.Let me ask you a few pertinent questions,were you picked on as a child?Do you have pimples?Are you 4ft. 11 inches tall?Is your I.Q.below 50?Are you ugly?Did you fail the fire test.Your obtuse rantings about firefighters seem to indicate one or more of the above.Do yourself a favor and all of us that have to read your manical psycho-babble, shut the f--- up.

Guest Guest

In my opinion, I feel that the testing should be conducted on all professions which deal with public safety, children, and the elderly. Many companies do this. Cops, teachers, firemen, and public officials should all be tested. I do not think the majority of the public would object. It would ensure that people are making sound judgements and are there fully when needed. That is my opinion, not an accusation, and it is in NO WAY an accusation against the Kearny Fire Department specifically. The opinion was not intended to discredit anyone or any specific group of people directly. If it appeared so, that was not intended. To my specific knowledge, I know of NO Kearny Firemen specifically involved with that subject. Be safe. Taxes in Hudson County are the main concern. Same or less services in all areas while the taxes continue to rise. That is the issue.

Guest Guest

We need a volunteer FD.............All Republicans are against taxes so I'm sure they'd support this since taxes will go down...

Guest Maybe

Maybe the real issue here isn't simply having the firemen SUBMIT to drug testing. It's how AGGRESSIVELY they fight to keep it from happening, leading people to question their credibility. Is the kearny fire union reacting to this issue in such a heavy handed way that it causes some doubts to the community? Sometimes people can look shady not by what they say, but by the akward ,forceful reaction they give to something that didn't warrant it. They overreact and sell themselves out.

Guest StudiesandObservations
In my opinion, I feel that the testing should be conducted on all professions which deal with public safety, children, and the elderly. Many companies do this. Cops, teachers, firemen, and public officials should all be tested. I do not think the majority of the public would object. It would ensure that people are making sound judgements and are there fully when needed. That is my opinion, not an accusation, and it is in NO WAY an accusation against the Kearny Fire Department specifically. The opinion was not intended to discredit anyone or any specific group of people directly. If it appeared so, that was not intended. To my specific knowledge, I know of NO Kearny Firemen specifically involved with that subject. Be safe. Taxes in Hudson County are the main concern. Same or less services in all areas while the taxes continue to rise. That is the issue.

Random Drug Testing, as an issue, seems to have filtered over from the Harriosn Boards, there has been constant railing about it there for months concerning HFD. That said, IMO there Is a constitutional issue here re the 4th Ammendment. As Public Employees, when the State requires such siezure without probable cause, or even reasonable suspicion (The current standard), it begins nibbling on the edge of a Civil rights violation. That said, and understanding that Private companies utilize random testing all th time, they are just that, Private, Constitutional protections dont apply, just as First Ammdt Protections dont apply to internet services such as AOL, where you agree to Terms of Service which limit what you can say and how you can say it, also as here on KOTW, where your postings can be edited or eliminated altogether due to content. Back to the Drug testing however, While anyone who is NOT using narcotics "Has nothing to worry about", it is still once again yet more erosion of our civil rights. With the USSC already limiting First Ammendment Protections, and the state Govt's (NJ Especially) Severely limiting 2nd Ammendment rights (38 states have CCW rights, NJ NEVER will), 4th, 5th, and 6th have also come under attack by activist Judges in both Apellate, and Fed District courts, ANY erosion of our constitutional protections opens the door a little farther for more abuses. That's just the view from my Saddle.

I believe the issue on the table is the lack of a contract for the fire officers of the KFD. We should be adults and stick with this issue only. If you feel that the firefighters or any other town workers need drug testing then you need to go to the next town meeting and state your concerns in a public forum. Another possibility is to call the Mayor and meet with him in private and state your concerns.

I am a town employee and a taxpayer in this town. I find it disgusting that the contract talks have lasted this long. Unfortunately you cannot only blame the town administrator; you have to blame the fire officer’s negotiation team.

The following is an open letter to the team.

What the *@%% are you thinking?

5-years?

Do you have any concept on how to negotiate a contract?

Look at the Police, CS-11, and the Teachers

They would never let it get so out of control!

Maybe we should give the negotiation team a drug test.

:)

Guest Guest
If you read the posts, it is clear that the Fireman show their ignorance, lack of responsibility, and greed.  They had to pass a drug test when they were hired. Big Deal.  Any moron out there can pass a one time test when they know its coming.  The pee into your mouth comment shows their arrogance and disdain for the general public and an attitude that they are better than everyone else.  Well guys, you are not.  How about unannounced random drug testing using hair samples.  That don't sound too good does it?  Little scared now, right "bravest?"  Maybe they will settle the contract if you agree to that stipulation, but we all know that ain't gonna happen.  Too much to lose.  When they do settle the contract, I hope the Mayor and Council have the guts not to make it retroactive.  That would be a disgrace.  9/11 is over assholes, the people are tired of your whining and crying bullshit about the most easy job on earth.  Sleep, eat, shit, and run your mouths. Thats all you are good for.  You are a disgrace to yourself and your families by showing the COWARDICE of fighting the issue of random unannounced drug testing.  It is long overdue in the entire Hudson County to finally get some of you leeches off the job.  Good example to the kids.  Unbelievable.

I'd like to know, where did this "random drug testing" issue come from? Does this person believe there is a problem with the Kearny Fire Dept in this area that might compromise public safety? If so, call me and I'll check it out. But I can tell you, in all my dealings with the Kearny Fire Department and firefighters and officers - I've never seen or heard anything that would lead me to that conclusion.

But, I'm not everywhere and can't see or hear everything. Apparently, this poster can. Since it is an issue of public safety you should take your proof (and I assume you have proof) to some proper authority. If you're afraid of retaliation, you can e-mail your information to me anonymously, and I'll take it to the proper authorities. Your information need not be actual proof either. Tell me what you've seen or heard and I'll check that out also.

There you have it, a plan of action for dealing with this public safety issue. Until you do your part I'm not changing my opinion or even considering random drug testing for the Fire Department. The ball's in your court.

Just on the slight chance that you don't have any proof, I have a question for you. Why are you trying to create an issue where none exists? Why create a diversion from the real issue that five years is a long time for anyone to work without a contract?

Councilman Jim Mangin

First of all how long have the firemen been without a contract? I've been reading 3 years, 5 years. At any rate, you should be ashamed to post your "plan of action" concerning any issue. You and your cohorts at the town hall can't even resolve a contract negotiation in a timely manner.

Try solving some problems at the Kearny Shop Rite. Maybe start with something simple, like letting people take the carts to their cars to unload their groceries.

I'd love to see what a random drug test would turn up there. That's a public safety concern. After all, they handle our foods.

Guest Guest

Councilman Jim Mangin

Why create a diversion? You, the Town Council, and BOE should know plenty about that. :)

What a mess this is developing into!!!

Guest Guest

Does the gas they get from all of the feasting they do count as a drug? :)

Guest guest_Guest
I believe the issue on the table is the lack of a contract for the fire officers of the KFD. We should be adults and stick with this issue only. If you feel that the firefighters or any other town workers need drug testing then you need to go to the next town meeting and state your concerns in a public forum. Another possibility is to call the Mayor and meet with him in private and state your concerns.

I am a town employee and a taxpayer in this town. I find it disgusting that the contract talks have lasted this long. Unfortunately you cannot only blame the town administrator; you have to blame the fire officer’s negotiation team.

5-years?

:lol:

I must comment on the statement about the fire officers negiotating team that maybe they should be given drug tests because they have been working without a contract for five years and they should follow the example of the police, C.S.11 and the teachers.It is quite evident that whoever posted that assinine statement does not know shit from shinola about the vagaries of the negiotating process.We have been stonewalled from May2000 on settleing the contract because of our request to be put on the 24 hour shift [ at no additionl cost to the town or taxpayers]We asked for exactly the same raises that the town gave to C..S.11 and the police.Mayor Santos and his high priced errand boy, Joe DeArco, have reneged again and again on what i may add were the towns proposals.We cannot trust them so now all bets are off and the final settlement will be in the hands of an arbitrator.The police and C.S.11 deserve the raises they got.The Kearny Fire Officers deserve no less.We continue to serve the people of Kearny dispite no contract for 5 years ,low morale and laughable detioriating apparatus.

Guest Guest

5-years?

:lol:

Are you a eunuch? :lol::lol:

Guest Guest

What makes you think you deserve the same raise as the Police? Are you kidding me? In reality, you don't actually have a "job," you just collect a paycheck. They should take money away from the Fireman and give the money to the schools to buy comp[uters and other needed items. Volunteers could do anything the current firemen do just a well.

Guest StudiesandObservations
What makes you think you deserve the same raise as the Police? Are you kidding me? In reality, you don't actually have a "job," you just collect a paycheck. They should take money away from the Fireman and give the money to the schools to buy comp[uters and other needed items. Volunteers could do anything the current firemen do just a well.

WHERE do you plan to get the volunteers from??? We couldnt get Volunteers to keep the ambulance running with TWO people 24/7/365...how do you figure we'd get enough volunteers to fight a major fire???

Guest Guest
I don't get it, no one can work without a contract. I don't have a contract and I still show up for work everyday and do my best.

So whats the big deal about a contract anyway? If you do your job well there shouldn't be a problem.

Haven't you ever herd of Cival Service? Workers in this country do have the right to colictively bargen with there employer! Just because you don't see the sence in unions,a lot of us do!!

i don't see you voluntering to be a fireman................I think they should get what they are looking for with in reason the mayor and other ppl know how to spend our hard earned money like paying principals $125,000 a year to do next to nothing. I don't know about you but if my house is burning down and my family is trapped inside i would rather have a firefighter who knows what they are doing then have a volunteer who is going to decide whether they should get out of bed to answer the call.

Archived