Police And Fire Contracts

Guest Howard

Guest Fast Money

The Town needs money to support these contracts and there is a way for the Town to net $15,000.00 plus or minus 10% per day with a minimal investment which pays for it self in one week. The Town council should look into the SPECS system. Enter keyword for Speed Violation Detection Deterrent. The SPECS system should be bought and installed in two locations. One out in the west bound lanes under the turnpike overpass where the speed limit is 35 miles per hour. This roadway averages 40 cars an hour during peak daytime hours and more than seventy percent of the cars are speeding.Two,The south bound roadway of Passiac ave near the intersection of Park. The Town council would have to author and pass a resolution that assigns a Town fine or surcharge of $100.00 to all who violate the posted speeds. No post bashing pleease just an idea.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest_Guest
Mr Mayor how about a contract for the fire dept

I guess the mayor has more important things to do than bow to the will of the fire and police departments. I guess you all don't realize he doesn't work for you, in fact it's quite the other way around.

Wrong. The Mayor work's for "us" "we". It is not bow to the will of the fd. But a contract with the cost of living put in is not unfair to ask for. The pay increase is deserved. If you do not think so then I will not attempt to change your mind. With this said YOU ARE WRONG IF YOU THINK THE FD SHOULD NOT GET A FAIR CONTRACT! 5 YEARS AND WAITING :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Is this really how you want people to think of you, as a bunch of cry babies? Come on, give US a break, enough of this whining!

Ass wipe same statement as before 5 years without a contract. And you state We are cry babies! YOU ARE A ASS! AND YOU CAN KISS MINE!

Guest Guest
Is this really how you want people to think of you, as a bunch of cry babies?  Come on, give US a break, enough of this whining!

Ass wipe same statement as before 5 years without a contract. And you state We are cry babies! YOU ARE A ASS! AND YOU CAN KISS MINE!

Considering the way you write, you're are lucky to have a job.

Guest StudiesandObservations
Is this really how you want people to think of you, as a bunch of cry babies?  Come on, give US a break, enough of this whining!

With an attitude towards the citizens you are supposed to be serving such as you've shown, you WONDER why noone has any sympathy for you?? Or maybe people remember when the KFD Officers settled theyr contract early, and made LOTS of concessions that they knew wouldnt be honored once the rank and file won their contract...Last i looked the Officers werent paying that 50% Co-pay on their Health Insurance that they agreed to.

Guest Guest

With an attitude towards the citizens you are supposed to be serving such as you've shown, you WONDER why noone has any sympathy for you?? Or maybe people remember when the KFD Officers settled theyr contract early, and made LOTS of concessions that they knew wouldnt be honored once the rank and file won their contract...Last i looked the Officers werent paying that 50% Co-pay on their Health Insurance that they agreed to.

This is not work. Just a web site. I can let off steam! Just like you. At work We are always polite and willing to help out with anything the citizens need. I think you are off base to compare statements on this web site to our jobs. But with that said, You are right about a attitude I should have toned it down, but after 5 years it is insane the way we are treated. Have a nice day. ;)

Guest Guest

How can you firemen complain about how you are treated. You have an easier job than any profession in the country except a professional athlete. You lucky to get paid at all. Anyone can do your job. If you can water your garden, eat shit, and sleep, you can be a fireman. It is not man's work. It is just another form of welfare but just much more expensive. It's hard to get in at first, but once your sworn in you have hit the lottery. I am sick of listening to the 9/11 bullshit and how you risk your lives. Everybody on this planet risks their life everyday in some aspect. Stop your incessant whining. Bunch of babies. Instead of uniforms you should wear diapers.

Guest LittleGreenMonster
How can you firemen complain about how you are treated.  You have an easier job than any profession in the country except a professional athlete.  You lucky to get paid at all.  Anyone can do your job.  If you can water your garden, eat shit, and sleep, you can be a fireman.  It is not man's work.  It is just another form of welfare but just much more expensive.  It's hard to get in at first, but once your sworn in you have hit the lottery.  I am sick of listening to the 9/11 bullshit and how you risk your lives.  Everybody on this planet risks their life everyday in some aspect.  Stop your incessant whining.  Bunch of babies.  Instead of uniforms you should wear diapers.

I belive that anyone can do any job as long as you're trained, but you're actually the one who's whining and crying. Do your job, if you're even employed, and let us do ours. ;)

Guest Guest
How can you firemen complain about how you are treated. You have an easier job than any profession in the country except a professional athlete. You lucky to get paid at all. Anyone can do your job. If you can water your garden, eat shit, and sleep, you can be a fireman. It is not man's work. It is just another form of welfare but just much more expensive. It's hard to get in at first, but once your sworn in you have hit the lottery. I am sick of listening to the 9/11 bullshit and how you risk your lives. Everybody on this planet risks their life everyday in some aspect. Stop your incessant whining. Bunch of babies. Instead of uniforms you should wear diapers.

Here here to that! I couldn't agree more. You know, if it really was a money thing I might have some sympathy, but look at how many of these people have other jobs or businesses on the side. Not because they need the money but because they are greedy and have all the free time in the world.

Guest tax payer

Do you have a job. I think not you must be on welfare.

Guest Guest

You bunch of crybaby fireman are worthless to this town. The Town Council should get rid of all of you. I am employed and have a real job like man. I also support a family on my salary. You have a lot of nerve calling yourself MEN. You are a bunch of part-time employees who face less danger than a teacher in grammer school. You cowards shouldn't be paid at all. Anyone with a heartbeat could do your job, including the elderly, crippled, and just about anyone else. Stop all your 9/11 whining, acting like you are movie stars, and just go back to sleep. Everyone is sick of your whining crap.

Guest Guest

I agree. Paying grown men to play with water is quite stupid. Bad treatment. What "bad treatment" are you refering to? Mattress got a loose spring, need a new pillow, your blanket just not measuring up to the one at home. If each fireman got paid $5,000 a year it would still be too much. It is a useless service that has our taxes very high. Why are there so many Captains and other supervisors? A bottomless money pit for the stupid taxpayers to give their hard earned money. I am tired of the "well what about 9/11" nonsense. The guys died doing there job, although their were many rumors that they were actually in the Towers stealing from the stores. A person in any other profession could just as easily get hurt or killed, except their families don't become multi-millionaires when they are unjustly rewarded because they beg for money. What about the soldiers that are fighting wars for this country. What about the taxi driver killed in Kearny. They are the real men who put their lives on the line, unlike the fireman who make it seem like they are similar. Do they instantly hit the lottery like the firemens families when a tragedy strikes? Not even close, their families have to go on welfare to get by. This town and coutry is really srewed-up with their thinking that the firemans lives are at risk constantly. Give everyone a break and be consider yourself lucky to get paid at all!!!

Guest Guest

If the Kearny Fireman claim they are so brave and fearless, why do they fight and get in an uproar when the issue of drug testing is mentioned. Surely these brave warriors of the flames aren't afraid to pee into a cup? Damn right they are, and they will fight against it like nothing you have ver seen. Cowards. If the Mayor and council had some balls, they would make a stand to start the drug and alcohol testing. Why are they so afraid?

Guest Guest

Wow, I'm so glad to see that support is finally beginning to rally against the FD, BOE and other gluttonous money-holes around town. Unfortunately it is unlikely that our concerns will ever be addressed.

Guest lookout
Wow, I'm so glad to see that support is finally beginning to rally against the FD, BOE and other gluttonous money-holes around town. Unfortunately it is unlikely that our concerns will ever be addressed.

All posts regarding the tree removal at the library are being deleted!!! This site is a joke!!!

Guest Amazing

It is amazing that that the KOTW administrator (?) lets anything through!! Issues are tossed aside, but employee bickering is let through. Joe D' has a better grip on this site than he has on his life.

Guest Guest

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!! :lol:

Guest Guest
You bunch of crybaby fireman are worthless to this town. The Town Council should get rid of all of you. I am employed and have a real job like man. I also support a family on my salary. You have a lot of nerve calling yourself MEN. You are a bunch of part-time employees who face less danger than a teacher in grammer school. You cowards shouldn't be paid at all. Anyone with a heartbeat could do your job, including the elderly, crippled, and just about anyone else. Stop all your 9/11 whining, acting like you are movie stars, and just go back to sleep. Everyone is sick of your whining crap.

Ask the owners of SOS Gases if they are worthless. They just had a fire in there today & not one firefighter was seen running away, amazing! I'm sure all the firemen are happy that you have a job & support your family but FYI thats what your supposed to do. Also your rantings about the elderly,cripples & 911 are dispicable,You should be ashamed of yourself! Perhaps you should go up to the next union meeting of the FMBA and voice your opions in person, I'm sure you'll get all the attention your looking for there.

Guest Guest
You bunch of crybaby fireman are worthless to this town.  The Town Council should get rid of all of you.  I am employed and have a real job like man.  I also support a family on my salary.  You have a lot of nerve calling yourself MEN.  You are a bunch of part-time employees who face less danger than a teacher in grammer school.  You cowards shouldn't be paid at all.  Anyone with a heartbeat could do your job, including the elderly, crippled, and just about anyone else.  Stop all your 9/11 whining, acting like you are movie stars, and just go back to sleep.  Everyone is sick of your whining crap.

Ask the owners of SOS Gases if they are worthless. They just had a fire in there today & not one firefighter was seen running away, amazing! I'm sure all the firemen are happy that you have a job & support your family but FYI thats what your supposed to do. Also your rantings about the elderly,cripples & 911 are dispicable,You should be ashamed of yourself! Perhaps you should go up to the next union meeting of the FMBA and voice your opions in person, I'm sure you'll get all the attention your looking for there.

I did something important at work today too, but I didn't ask for a raise because of it - that's what I'm there for.

Archived