The ACLU

Guest Patriot

You're reading comprehension needs polishing.  The ACLU's mission is the secularization of America. Their agenda is to promote a radical left, permissive society with no rules on personal behavior, and no mention of God.  That's why they defend organizations like NAMBLA. That's why they fought  to remove the cross from the Soledad War Memorial in San Deigo.  No one cares what you think on a "personal level".

Patriot,

You failed to answer an earlier request that I made of you so I'll ask again. What would the world be like if you made the rules? What would society be like if you were in charge?

Guest JJohnson

ACLU members and suporters are nothing but left wing liberal self serving idiots. These are the same people who are ruining this whole country and what our forefathers intended this great nation to be. Now look at who they are going to vote for , Obama (right) and Hilary Clinton (not sure which is worse).

We are a doomed people if this keeps up. Then again 200+ years is a pretty good run.

Glad i wont be around for the next generation of inept, self righteous morons. They will not be able to fight their way out of a bag without having mommy there to complain that this isnt fair no one should fail or everyone should pass ....

Pathetic = ACLU, PETA, NAACP and a host of other liberal organizations.

Raping children is a civil liberty ??  You are one perverted SOB.

No, the right to speak is a civil liberty, which belongs even to people who engage in deviant behavior and those who commit crimes. Instead of calling people names, why don't you try thinking intelligently, and then speaking honestly about what people have actually said?

Patriot, you think the world can be made to conform to your simple, black-and-white model of everything, and that if a person is wrong in one thing he is wrong in everything. You are wrong. In fact, you may be closer to being wrong about everything than just about everyone here. However, my guess is that you abide by the laws and are probably a nice guy (or gal) if a person gets to know you. How about giving other people credit for the same thing, even --- no, especially --- the ones you don't agree with? You'll find the world a much more peaceful place, and a much more sensible place, too. I wouldn't want to live in a world full of NAMBLA members, but to be very honest, I wouldn't want to live in a world full of people with your nasty and judgmental attitudes either.

Guest Guest
ACLU members and suporters are nothing but left wing liberal self serving idiots.  These are the same people who are ruining this whole country and what our forefathers intended this great nation to be.  Now look at who they are going to vote for , Obama (right) and Hilary Clinton (not sure which is worse).

We are a doomed people if this keeps up. Then again 200+ years is a pretty good run.

Glad i wont be around for the next generation of inept, self righteous morons. They will not be able to fight their way out of a bag without having mommy there to complain that this isnt fair  no one should fail  or everyone should pass ....

Don't worry wanker, the democrat elected president in '08 can't possibly be as incompetent as the cowboy. Rudy and Newt will be too busy trying to beat the skeletons back into the closet to care.

"So long as they do not break the law" ??  Here's a clue; raping children is against the law.

And here's a clue for you: talking about raping children isn't against any law and entirely Constitutional.

NAMBLA members rape children and the ACLU defends them

The ACLU defends their right to talk about it, not to do it. I'm sure you know this--you're just confirming how much of a liar you are each time you say this.

If we had things your way, we'd be tracking down and locking up all those people on right-wing forums and websites talking about killing abortion doctors, homosexuals, blacks, atheists and people of other faiths too, because they're talking about illegal acts. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, though, huh?

No need for a double standard; one standard will do just fine.

Guest Patriot
No, the right to speak is a civil liberty, which belongs even to people who engage in deviant behavior and those who commit crimes. Instead of calling people names, why don't you try thinking intelligently, and then speaking honestly about what people have actually said?

Patriot, you think the world can be made to conform to your simple, black-and-white model of everything, and that if a person is wrong in one thing he is wrong in everything. You are wrong. In fact, you may be closer to being wrong about everything than just about everyone here. However, my guess is that you abide by the laws and are probably a nice guy (or gal) if a person gets to know you. How about giving other people credit for the same thing, even --- no, especially --- the ones you don't agree with? You'll find the world a much more peaceful place, and a much more sensible place, too. I wouldn't want to live in a world full of NAMBLA members, but to be very honest, I wouldn't want to live in a world full of people with your nasty and judgmental attitudes either.

Your vision of the world is enough to make me puke. NAMBLA members, murderers and other deviants holding hands with you, happily skipping down the street, singing "We Are The World". Sorry, Charlie, that's not my vision.

ACLU members and suporters are nothing but left wing liberal self serving idiots.  These are the same people who are ruining this whole country and what our forefathers intended this great nation to be.  Now look at who they are going to vote for , Obama (right) and Hilary Clinton (not sure which is worse).

Glad i wont be around for the next generation of inept, self righteous morons. They will not be able to fight their way out of a bag without having mommy there to complain that this isnt fair  no one should fail  or everyone should pass ....

I find your post interesting that you exactly described the Bush administration.

ACLU members and suporters are nothing but left wing liberal self serving idiots.

Self-serving, huh? Could you explain how defending the right to 'picket' a funeral with "Thank God for 9/11" and "God Hates Fags" signs is self-serving to anyone left-wing?

Your biases are clear, as is your clouded judgment--this post will only go downhill from here, I'm sure.

These are the same people who are ruining this whole country and what our forefathers intended this great nation to be.

Yup, I was right. So an organization dedicated to defending the Constitution and the rights it bestows is ruining "what our forefathers intended this great nation to be?" Please explain this. Are you saying that the founding fathers DIDN'T want the Constitution defended? They're the ones who wrote it! How patently absurd.

You only think that the ACLU is ruining the country because what you want this country to be isn't what it is, nor what was ever intended for it. That's something you're just going to have to deal with.

Now look at who they are going to vote for , Obama (right) and Hilary Clinton (not sure which is worse).

I am sure NOBODY could screw things up worse than Bush Jr. did, at this point. Indeed, no one has ever messed things up this much before him. In fact, I'm surprised that there were so many people running for President, 'cause it makes me wonder, "Who would WANT to clean up Bush's mess?"

We are a doomed people if this keeps up.

Yeah yeah, we've heard it a million times.

Then again 200+ years is a pretty good run.

I suppose you'd rather waste time and money fighting an impossible battle?

Okay, PETA are crazy, I'll give you that. But if you consider defending Constitutional rights to be pathetic, then what does that say about you?

Your vision of the world is enough to make me puke.  NAMBLA members, murderers and other deviants holding hands with you, happily skipping down the street, singing "We Are The World".  Sorry, Charlie, that's not my vision.

Your vision is no rights for anyone who don't agree with, right? I bet you'd want to take away my rights in an instant if you could just because I'm atheist.

Your vision of the world is enough to make me puke.  NAMBLA members, murderers and other deviants holding hands with you, happily skipping down the street, singing "We Are The World".  Sorry, Charlie, that's not my vision.

Mine either. You hear only what you wish to hear and see only what you wish to see.

Guest a proud american

Remember that this is the same bunch who believed that the Patriot Act was a good thing and had no problem with what the Government was doing. Even though any rational person saw it for what it was, an intrusion into our private lives, we now are finally hearing the truth. I just wonder if any of them have been secretly investigated and have had their e-mail and regular mail searched along with their bank accounts.

Nope, your vision is very clear. You want a police state, ruled by Theocrats that hold your narrow view of the Holy Book.

Like they have in Iran.

Like the Taliban.

Your posts make it painfully obvious the kind of country you want to live in.

You call yourself a "Patriot" yet you want an American Theocracy, where only the narrowest views of your religion are accepted, and all other views should be silenced.

Guest Studies and Observations

Actually YOU are also pointing things a tad more simply than they are Strife. Free Speach is NOT automatic, nor immediate. The Govt, can, for example Limit free speach in some cases (McCain-Fiengold Campaign Reform Bill for example), Or limit Protestors to areas where they have permits, or where the dictates of time, venue and content need to be addressed. You're the first to complain and whine about people being called names..then you, yourself fall right into that selfsame patter, implying that someone is less intelligent than you are, or incapable of cogent thought.

You comment in a later post "If we had things your way, we'd be tracking down and locking up all those people on right-wing forums and websites talking about killing abortion doctors, homosexuals, blacks, atheists and people of other faiths too, because they're talking about illegal acts. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, though, huh?"

About talking about Illegal acts not being illegal itself... I beg to differ. Talk openly about assasinating a Poilitical figure..you'll find out VERY fast that that is just as much of a criime as committing the act itself, Also, many of the pedophiles are prosecuted for TALKING, or Communicating intent to commit sexual assault on a child.

You Paint with a mighty broad briush there..Again, you complain about left-wingers being lumped together, then you accuse anyone on the right of supporting Abortion Climic Bombings.. if that was the case, then Why did the Nations Law Enforcement (the VAST Majority of whom are very conservative BTW) spend Literally YEARS hunting Eric Rudolph?, and why doi they Arrest and porosecute those who commit assault on Abortion Doctors and nurses. Using yoru example, while im Certain you would be up in arms about an ati-war protest being stopped, i'll bet you'd applaud an anti-abortion prtest being broken up with force.

You're a Hypocrite sonny, pure and simple....Admit that and at least you'll have a LITTLE credibility.

Actually YOU are also pointing things a tad more simply than they are Strife. Free Speach is NOT automatic, nor immediate.  The Govt, can, for example Limit free speach in some cases (McCain-Fiengold Campaign Reform Bill for example), Or limit Protestors to areas where they have permits, or where the dictates of time, venue and content need to be addressed.  You're the first to complain and whine about people being called names..then you, yourself fall right into that selfsame patter, implying that someone is less intelligent than you are, or incapable of cogent thought. 

You comment in a later post "If we had things your way, we'd be tracking down and locking up all those people on right-wing forums and websites talking about killing abortion doctors, homosexuals, blacks, atheists and people of other faiths too, because they're talking about illegal acts. I'm sure you wouldn't want that, though, huh?"

About talking about Illegal acts not being illegal itself...  I beg to differ.  Talk openly about assasinating a Poilitical figure..you'll find out VERY fast that that is just as much of a criime as committing the act itself, Also, many of the pedophiles are prosecuted for TALKING, or Communicating intent to commit sexual assault on a child.

You Paint with a mighty broad briush there..Again, you complain about left-wingers being lumped together, then you accuse anyone on the right of supporting Abortion Climic Bombings.. if that was the case, then Why did the Nations Law Enforcement (the VAST Majority of whom are very conservative BTW) spend Literally YEARS hunting Eric Rudolph?, and why doi they Arrest and porosecute those who commit assault on Abortion Doctors and nurses.  Using yoru example, while im Certain you would be up in arms about an ati-war protest being stopped, i'll bet you'd applaud an anti-abortion prtest being broken up with force.

You're a Hypocrite sonny, pure and simple....Admit that and at least you'll have a LITTLE credibility.

If you're referring to me, I didn't write that.

Actually YOU are also pointing things a tad more simply than they are Strife.

Er, you replied to Paul, not me.

Free Speach is NOT automatic, nor immediate.  The Govt, can, for example Limit free speach in some cases (McCain-Fiengold Campaign Reform Bill for example), Or limit Protestors to areas where they have permits, or where the dictates of time, venue and content need to be addressed.

I never asserted that free speech was ultimate and/or without limits. For example, threats are not protected speech, nor is the classic 'yelling "fire" in a crowded theater' example.

You're the first to complain and whine about people being called names..then you, yourself fall right into that selfsame patter, implying that someone is less intelligent than you are, or incapable of cogent thought. 

About talking about Illegal acts not being illegal itself...  I beg to differ.

Then please show me how many people have been arrested for merely talking about smoking weed or doing any other drugs, something that accounts for like a quarter of people in jail in this country.

Talk openly about assasinating a Poilitical figure..you'll find out VERY fast that that is just as much of a criime as committing the act itself,

That's because it falls under a different category--namely, treason. Inciting a riot is also not protected speech.

Also, many of the pedophiles are prosecuted for TALKING, or Communicating intent to commit sexual assault on a child.

Really? Never heard of such a case. Can you cite one?

You Paint with a mighty broad briush there..Again, you complain about left-wingers being lumped together, then you accuse anyone on the right of supporting Abortion Climic Bombings..

I said no such thing.

if that was the case,

But it isn't.

then Why did the Nations Law Enforcement (the VAST Majority of whom are very conservative BTW) spend Literally YEARS hunting Eric Rudolph?, and why doi they Arrest and porosecute those who commit assault on Abortion Doctors and nurses.

Uh, 'cause they're criminals?

Using yoru example, while im Certain you would be up in arms about an ati-war protest being stopped, i'll bet you'd applaud an anti-abortion prtest being broken up with force.

But you're 100% wrong. Too bad you didn't name an amount for that bet--I'm always up for making some quick cash. :lol:

Uh, no. Perhaps what you falsely attributed to me is hypocritical, but that doesn't matter because it doesn't accurately describe me. You just made a whole lot of assumptions about me that aren't true at all. "I'll bet" indeed. Perhaps you should do some more "studies and observations" before you come to such ridiculous conclusions in the future--you missed the mark big time.

Guest Lazarus
"So long as they do not break the law" ??  Here's a clue; raping children is against the law.  NAMBLA members rape children and the ACLU defends them and you're OK with that. NAMBLA is disgusting and so are you.

As usual you completely and utterly FAIL to register the point I was trying to make. Your selectiveness is, frankly, quite disgusting. NAMBLA can advocate for mutual child-adult intercourse, and voice their support for it. That is a right protected under the First Amendment of the Constitution that founded our current government. THAT First Amendment was the core reason why the ACLU defended Rush Limbaugh, the Ku Klux Klan, and NAMBLA.

HOWEVER, when NAMBLA decides that words are not enough, and they actively begin to pursue their agenda with ACTION --the raping of children--, THAT is when the First Amendment no longer protects them, and at that point they are subject to the full justice of the law.

EVERYONE has the right to free speech, no matter their message --frankly, I find the clear and present danger clause to be disgusting--, but when that message turns into an action, that is when they are no longer protected.

I laid that out for you in the plainest terms, "Patriot." I sincerely hope you can wrap it around your EXCESSIVELY thick skull.

By the way, I hate Kool-Aid.

Guest Guest
Mine either. You hear only what you wish to hear and see only what you wish to see.

The same goes true for what you hear from selected tapes too. Pick out the words you wish to use out of context and shout them aloud to several newspapers. Maybe you get noticed.