traffic

Guest Guest

The traffic in N.A. IS THE WORST.I have lived here all my life and have never seen the amount of traffic ,ever. What they need to do is get rid of some of the lights on Ridge road.The Inman ,Ilford ,Church Pl. and Harding lights should be considered . The amount of time and hassel from going from the Pike to the Cemetary is outrageous . The idea of more housing off Schyler Ave is truely the end of N.A. BELEIVE ME.

The traffic in N.A. IS THE WORST.I have lived here all my life and have never seen the amount of traffic ,ever. What they need to do is get rid of some of the lights on Ridge road.The Inman ,Ilford ,Church Pl. and Harding lights should be considered . The amount of time and hassel from going from the Pike to the Cemetary is outrageous . The idea of more housing off Schyler Ave is truely the end of N.A. BELEIVE ME.

The problem is caused by the crossing guards in front of QP and NAHS taking over control of the traffic lights manually. They turn them red for every person that crosses the street and traffic backs up.

I posted this reply but it never made it to the board.

The main cause of the traffic on Ridge Rd, especially between the Belleville Pike and the Cemetary, is the crossing guards. When the crossing guards are on duty they are allowed to take manual control of the signal lights and can change them from green to red whenever they want to. So they make them red whenever someone wants to cross the street. This throws off the timing of the lights and causes traffic to back up.

I realize the children need to cross safely, but the traffic back up leads to other dangerous situations.