Salaries

Guest Guest

Guest guest
The CWA will never ratify the contract proposal that Corzine issued. The issue of  paying for benefits will be the sticking point. If you make the workers pay then the elected Officals should also pay.

right on!!!!! If the municipal workers, police & firemen, plus teachers, have to contribute 1.5 towards health benefits because Corzine said money is tight; then so should the elected officials pay 1.5 % or the 'same'.

Guest Guest

speaking of moving? what's the deal with the new schedule changes at the hpd. i heard alot of people are pissed off. letters have been written, doors have been knocked on , calls have been made. what's the scoop? was the contract that bad?

CORZINE IS MAKING THE state & municipal workers pay 1.5 of their pay towards their health benefits, plus increasing their pension payment deduction, due to a

tight state budget'. Is the 'SAME" thing happening to the police and fire depts. in their contract? How about the teachers? OR IS THE GOVERNOR ONLY 'sticking it to' the state & municipal employees?

'sticking it to'

Are you kidding? This is the problem, expecting to get everything for nothing. All employees should pay a share just like everybody else who works for a living. Most people don't get their benefits handed to them fully funded. Why should we keep paying for those who pay nothing or very little? I'm tired of subsidizing the civil servant benefit package.

You sound a bit jealous. Do you go to work everyday wearing a bulletproof vest or fire gear. Probably not so stop your whining. They are there when you need them.

Guest Guest
The CWA will never ratify the contract proposal that Corzine issued. The issue of  paying for benefits will be the sticking point. If you make the workers pay then the elected Officals should also pay.

straight up, across the board - everyone pays.

Guest Guest
You sound a bit jealous. Do you go to work everyday wearing a bulletproof vest or fire gear. Probably not so stop your whining. They are there when you need them.

yes actually i do, and if you do as well, you know how nice the package is you already have. and as a matter of fact the dept i work for earns that and then some. and i still have no problem paying my own way. i don't want anyone buying me a free meal for doing my job.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
straight up, across the board - everyone pays.

HAS ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING? ARE THE MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEES, THE TEACHERS AND THE POLICE & FIREMEN, GOING TO 'PAY ACROSS THE BOARD'; 1.5 TOWARDS HEALTH-CARE, 1% MORE TOWARD THEIR PENSIONS, PLUS AN OLDER RETIREMENT AGE FOR 'NEW EMPLOYEES'?

I HEAD THAT IN KEARNY, THE WORKERS WILL NOT GET 'VESTED' INTO THE PENSION SYSTEM UNTIL AFTER 10 YRS INSTEAD OF 5 YRS? IS THIS TRUE?

Guest Guest
HAS ANYONE HEARD  ANYTHING?  ARE THE MUNICIPAL  EMPLOYEES, THE TEACHERS AND THE POLICE & FIREMEN, GOING TO 'PAY ACROSS THE BOARD'; 1.5 TOWARDS HEALTH-CARE, 1% MORE TOWARD THEIR PENSIONS,  PLUS AN OLDER RETIREMENT AGE FOR 'NEW EMPLOYEES'?

I HEAD THAT IN KEARNY, THE WORKERS WILL NOT GET 'VESTED' INTO THE PENSION SYSTEM UNTIL AFTER 10 YRS INSTEAD OF 5 YRS?  IS THIS TRUE?

Yes it's true!!! You people better wake up and smell the coffee... If you worked in the private sector you would be paying alot more. So stop the bitching and whining, be grateful you have such a job. Most of you don't have the qualifications to hold such jobs, you were just put in a position because of the way you voted. I hope you don't ever loose your state, municipal, county job. You will have no clue what it takes to go out in the private sector and actually apply and interview for a real job. I work for the state, but am all for the new plans. Like I said, if you never worked in the private sector you have no CLUE!!!!

Guest Not Impressed
Yes it's true!!!  You people better wake up and smell the coffee... If you worked in the private sector you would be paying alot more.  So stop the bitching and whining, be grateful you have such a job.  Most of you don't have the qualifications to hold such jobs, you were just put in a position because of the way you voted.  I hope you don't ever loose your state, municipal, county job.  You will have no clue what it takes to go out in the private sector and actually apply and interview for a real job.  I work for the state, but am all for the new plans.  Like I said, if you never worked in the private sector you have no CLUE!!!!

So for a healthcare plan that costs the town $10,000. per employee, the employee will now contribute $150. Wow !! I guess we can all expect our taxes to go down now.

Guest Guest
HAS ANYONE HEARD  ANYTHING?  ARE THE MUNICIPAL  EMPLOYEES, THE TEACHERS AND THE POLICE & FIREMEN, GOING TO 'PAY ACROSS THE BOARD'; 1.5 TOWARDS HEALTH-CARE, 1% MORE TOWARD THEIR PENSIONS,  PLUS AN OLDER RETIREMENT AGE FOR 'NEW EMPLOYEES'?

I HEAD THAT IN KEARNY, THE WORKERS WILL NOT GET 'VESTED' INTO THE PENSION SYSTEM UNTIL AFTER 10 YRS INSTEAD OF 5 YRS?  IS THIS TRUE?

its unlikely thats going to happen thats why all the unions should go to arbitration and get all they can out of this town. 4% all the way. do you think the councilman want to pay for there benefits? ask them see what they say!!!!!! DOUBT IT!!!!

Guest GUEST
its unlikely thats going to happen thats why all the unions should go to arbitration and get all they can out of this town.  4% all the way.    do you think the councilman want to pay for there benefits? ask them see what they say!!!!!!  DOUBT IT!!!!

IS OUR PRESIDENT PAT, PREPARED TO UNITE WITH THE TEACHERS, POLICE & FIREMEN, TO MAKE SURE THAT THE MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEES DON'T END UP GIVING MORE THAN THE OTHER UNIONS IN TOWN? IF THE POLICE & FIREMEN & TEACHERS DON'T PAY TOWARD HEALTH BENEFITS IN THE 'NEW' CONTRACT, WILL THE MUNICIPAL UNION & its PRESIDENT FIGHT TO SEE THAT WE DON'T EITHER?

IF IT'S THE SAME ACROSS THE BOARD, THEN THAT'S 'FAIR' TO ALL TOWN EMPLOOYEES .

Guest Guest
how many police officers can one bring over to serve and protect us with that kinda loot? PBA AND FOP ARE YOU TAKING NOTES??????????????

IT'S TIME TO BRING IN THE STATE AND REGULATE........, WHY IN A REGION WHERE POVERTY CRYS OUT ARE THESE PEOPLE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS??????

WHERE IS THE GOVERNOR'S PLAN TO REFORM? :P

You all vote the A-holes in ask yourself