Basketball Blues

Guest Angel of Mercy

uh..........but it was a n elect official who started this whole mess. was i  the only one who saw him go APES!

I think you are DRAMAtizing it a little bit and he never got out of hand in fact I think he said shame on you, while his hands were in his pockets, you are dragging Vic through the mud because he is a political figure and you are trying to ruin his reputation and we all see that is your mission, so we can add that to the list as well...lets see you ruined cheering, baseball, soccer, basketball and now you are attacking a family because you didn't get your way and you can't be in control.

News Flash for you, you piece of garbage people know who Victor is and he is sincere and the only one for the kids in this town and if he was smart he would tell all these backstabbing bastards to screw. This way when the cookie crumbles he is not a part of it and I have a good feeling that cookie is going to crumble real soon. People are really fed up and are not going to put up with it much longer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh..........but it was a n elect official who started this whole mess. was i  the only one who saw him go APES!

and it was an elected official who got up at the booster club dinner yesterday and brought up the topic again!!! Nothing like keeping the bullshi# going would you let it go already. Just grow some balls and stop allowing the craziness.

Just wanted to let everyone know what really happened at the rec center concerning rec. basketball. The league is made up of 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. They were supposed to have a league for the 6th and 7th grade but they didn't get enough children to play. The solution was to put two older boys on each team and that is what was done. This was done by the rec not by the children. Recreation basketball should be about developing the childrens potential and not about winning at all costs. During the season, one team played their two older children for almost the entire game because this would give them the best chance to win!!!

Nothing was said about the age of certain children until the playoffs started. Only one child was singled out because of his age and that he was in the sixth grade. One of our councilman went so far as to go to the mayor to try an stop this child from playing in the playoffs. Could this be because his grandson was on the opposing team. Why does the councilman start showing up for games at the end of the season and not from the beginning? Why does the councilman and the rec. allow coaches and parents to taunt a child during a game bringing the child to tears. To yell and scream 6th grader at a child is just disgraceful and the councilman and rec. did nothing. How does a coach after shaking hands with the opposing team run up to an child and poke him and tell him GOOD GAME 6th GRADER, again bringing the child to tears. You being a parent, what would you do if someone taunted and put their hands on your child? Nobody went after a woman.

The parent only went to warn the woman to not  lay a hand on their child.

Why does a councilman run up to a parent in a threatening manner and accuse the parent of calling his grandson a midget when he should be worried about his daughter taunting and threatening a child.

Rec sports should be about developing kids skills and not about winning at all costs.

We all like to see our kids win but win or lose, we should always be proud of them.

As parents, we need to control ourselves at kid's sporting events. Sometimes we need to take a time-out. Our recreation dep't needs to take a good look at the way some other successful youth programs are run and take some notes.

IF IT IS TRUE THAT COUNCILMAN VV POKED A CHILD AND MADE FUN OF HIM, CAUSING THE CHILD TO CRY, THAT IS DOWNRIGHT INHUMANE AND DISPICABLE AND I HOPE THAT THE MAYOR TAKES SOME STRONG ACTION AGAINST HIM AND RE-CHECKS HIS OPINION OF HIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE ON HIS TEAM, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE IN HIS WARD ARE GOING TO BE OFFENDED BY HIS ACTIONS AND NOT SUPPORT HIM IF HE IS ALLOWED TO RUN AGAIN. hOPE THAT THE MAYOR DOESN'T IGNORE' THIS MATTER & CHOOSES 'BETTER' PEOPLE ON HIS 'TEAM' AND VOLUNTEER POSITIONS, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT DEAL WITH CHILDREN!!!

It was someone's fault, in fact there are a few to blame, the kid should not have been in the league especially when they had a list started for the 6th 7th and 8th grade, maybe they would have had enough to start a league, when you fill out the waiver one of the questions is your grade, the league was for 3rd,4th and 5th and then there was supposed to be another league for 6th, 7th and 8th. He is the only 6th grade player and nobody was picking on him, I am sure his parents knew, I am sure his Coach knew and that is unfair to the rest of the team it is like running a Freshman team against 7th graders. You also need to get your facts straight there is only one side calling the news, the town hall, george bush and who ever the hell else they are calling. Think back to baseball? think back to soccer? who was unhappy with everything? who?? lets put the this to rest the kids have suffered enough so maybe within the year and until next season, maybe everybody can grow up and keep in mind it is for the best interst of the kids and it is for the kids to learn and have fun. Nothing else.

one of the 5th graders on the other team was the same age as the 6th grader, and nobody complained about his big build. Plus, it was not right for the 6th grader to be taunted, and harrassed by the opposing coach and her father. If they had a problem with allowing 6th graders being allowed to play, they as adults should have had enough class and decency not to take it out on a child, who did not make the rules, but rather have taken the matter up with the sports director or even the mayor if they were that upset!

Can somebody tell me how calling a sixth grader a sixth grader is taunting? taunting is saying "you S**K" or booing at them.  And as for the poor sixth grader who was supposedly crying, I heard he called the other player a "midget".Now thats taunting. It's sad how M.S.(coach/disease) claims she is there to coach the children, yet one of her players was embarresed every time he did something wrong. Yet nothing was said or done about that. And she keeps that little girl behind on defense when her team has the ball.  What is that teaching that little girl, that she is not needed. And you are right, the rec needs to change, they need to get rid of that thief jb and stop letting the same lunatic, trouble making, loud mouth, no coaching skills(no, yelling at kids is not considered coaching)P.O.S.

a few people wrote that it was a Parent who called a boy a midgit, not one of the kids.

TIME TO GET RID OF THE WHOLE GROUP & GET 'NEW VOLUNTEERS" SO THIS DOESN'T GO ON & ON BETWEEN THE HATFIELDS & THE McCOYS!

Can somebody tell me how calling a sixth grader a sixth grader is taunting? taunting is saying "you S**K" or booing at them.  And as for the poor sixth grader who was supposedly crying, I heard he called the other player a "midget".Now thats taunting. It's sad how M.S.(coach/disease) claims she is there to coach the children, yet one of her players was embarresed every time he did something wrong. Yet nothing was said or done about that. And she keeps that little girl behind on defense when her team has the ball.  What is that teaching that little girl, that she is not needed. And you are right, the rec needs to change, they need to get rid of that thief jb and stop letting the same lunatic, trouble making, loud mouth, no coaching skills(no, yelling at kids is not considered coaching)P.O.S.

The other coach's father is a councilman. Is this coach MS in a political or town connected family? Does her father or husband hold a town job or position?

get over yourself, your the biggest baby around. your one too talk,i know they pick on your kids right? they live off the name and connections just like the brats who started the fight. it's race to see who knows who and who can get away with the most. we know who you are,you have some nerve to throw stones. go scratch your ass. a-hole b*tch closet a-hole kisser! :rolleyes:

why are you wasting time on so much potty-talk? One A-word is enough to get the message across. Can't you stick to the topic?

IF IT IS TRUE THAT COUNCILMAN VV POKED A CHILD AND MADE FUN OF HIM, CAUSING THE CHILD TO CRY, THAT IS DOWNRIGHT INHUMANE AND DISPICABLE AND I HOPE THAT THE MAYOR TAKES SOME STRONG ACTION AGAINST HIM AND RE-CHECKS HIS OPINION OF HIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE ON HIS TEAM, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE IN HIS WARD ARE GOING TO BE OFFENDED BY HIS ACTIONS AND NOT SUPPORT HIM IF HE IS ALLOWED TO RUN AGAIN.  hOPE THAT THE  MAYOR  DOESN'T IGNORE' THIS MATTER & CHOOSES 'BETTER' PEOPLE ON HIS 'TEAM' AND VOLUNTEER POSITIONS, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT DEAL WITH CHILDREN!!!

wake the f*&k up and get a clue. people like you make up your own stories should get real.

FYI the mayor will do nothing about this mess because both him and JB have to cover each others ass.....

IF IT IS TRUE THAT COUNCILMAN VV POKED A CHILD AND MADE FUN OF HIM, CAUSING THE CHILD TO CRY, THAT IS DOWNRIGHT INHUMANE AND DISPICABLE AND I HOPE THAT THE MAYOR TAKES SOME STRONG ACTION AGAINST HIM AND RE-CHECKS HIS OPINION OF HIM AS A REPRESENTATIVE ON HIS TEAM, BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE IN HIS WARD ARE GOING TO BE OFFENDED BY HIS ACTIONS AND NOT SUPPORT HIM IF HE IS ALLOWED TO RUN AGAIN.  hOPE THAT THE  MAYOR  DOESN'T IGNORE' THIS MATTER & CHOOSES 'BETTER' PEOPLE ON HIS 'TEAM' AND VOLUNTEER POSITIONS, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT DEAL WITH CHILDREN!!!

You see on this board alot of the posts are a lie, The Councilman never touched the kid, he was standing talking to another Councilman when the 6th Graders Fahter walked at him and all the Councilman said was shame on you to say that to a kid.

one of the 5th graders on the other team was the same age as the 6th grader, and nobody complained about his big build.  Plus, it was not right for the 6th grader to be taunted, and harrassed by the opposing coach and her father.  If they had a problem with allowing 6th graders being allowed to play, they as adults should have had enough class and decency not to take it out on a child, who did not make the rules, but rather have taken  the matter up with the sports director or even the mayor if they were  that upset!

He did and he was ignored and the kid was still allowed to play after the sports director (if you want to call him that) lied to the mayor. The league went according to grade not age.

• 1 month later...