Kearny Education

Guest Time 4 Chagne

Guest Time 4 Chagne

In Kearny, two principals - Jon Zimmerman ($170,574) and Robert Zika ($174,074) - are two of six employees who are paid better than Superintendent Patricia Blood.

Our town education is horrible!

Gov Christie capped the salaries of supers a few years ago. It is not controlled locally. So eventually, all administrators, and in some districts, maybe even teachers, might make more that the superintendent.

Because they don't let you ask any questions at Board of Education meetings. Family and Friends are the principals, vice principals, administrator and teachers.  The Kids come last after everyone gets their pay check.  But Trump is doing the same putting DeVos in charge of Department of Education.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Money for nothing......
On January 25, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Guest Time 4 Chagne said:

In Kearny, two principals - Jon Zimmerman ($170,574) and Robert Zika ($174,074) - are two of six employees who are paid better than Superintendent Patricia Blood.

Our town education is horrible!

Thank God they make more than Super Blood ! She is not worth a shiny new penny. At least these 2 people know something about educating students and one of them is smart enough not to allow his children to attend the failing, political hack of a school district.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry
On 2/25/2017 at 7:24 AM, Guest Kearny resident said:

Kearny high school ranks 309th of 399 New Jersey High Schools! 

Where it needs improvement lets start with the High School to have a ranking at the bottom is unacceptable. The fact that this Board caters to FAMILY and FRIENDS and the POLITICALLY CONNECTED is one of the reasons for this ranking. They no longer look at hiring the best staff but instead hire people who will work in securing their election to the Board and look at the result "Failing Schools" and a Political Climate that has sucked all the air out the room. The fact that we  missed an opportunity to expand our Middle School has resulted in disorganization within the School District with the reduction in Staff and Programs and Private for Profit Charter Schools will continue to thrive and rankings like 309th will give parents alternatives as to what is best for their Children. Property Taxes will continue to rise and the People will pay more for less and Public Education will suffer as a result of Petty Political Bickering and a  ************* that is clearly over her head and shows no ability in challenging this Board of Education in other words "THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM" and the reckless decisions that have been made ie. (LIGHTS AT FRANKILIN SCHOOL, WASTED COST OVER RUNS THAT HAVE COST THIS DISTRICT MILLIONS) The list goes on and on and will continue if this TOWN doesn't start paying attention to what's happening to our SCHOOLS. Property Values will drop as a result of FAILING SCHOOLS. So JAMES I would say this, get involved go to board meetings demand answers to the decisions that have made by this out of touch with a bad economy and the position they put the TAXPAYERS OF KEARNY. Also you can review their decisions on the WEBSITE " KEARNYSCHOOLS .COM" Stay informed and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve this mess please by all means offer them it would be much better that what was done by this Board of Education. 

Guest James
On 4/15/2017 at 10:08 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Where it needs improvement lets start with the High School to have a ranking at the bottom is unacceptable. The fact that this Board caters to FAMILY and FRIENDS and the POLITICALLY CONNECTED is one of the reasons for this ranking. They no longer look at hiring the best staff but instead hire people who will work in securing their election to the Board and look at the result "Failing Schools" and a Political Climate that has sucked all the air out the room. The fact that we  missed an opportunity to expand our Middle School has resulted in disorganization within the School District with the reduction in Staff and Programs and Private for Profit Charter Schools will continue to thrive and rankings like 309th will give parents alternatives as to what is best for their Children. Property Taxes will continue to rise and the People will pay more for less and Public Education will suffer as a result of Petty Political Bickering and a  ************* that is clearly over her head and shows no ability in challenging this Board of Education in other words "THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM" and the reckless decisions that have been made ie. (LIGHTS AT FRANKILIN SCHOOL, WASTED COST OVER RUNS THAT HAVE COST THIS DISTRICT MILLIONS) The list goes on and on and will continue if this TOWN doesn't start paying attention to what's happening to our SCHOOLS. Property Values will drop as a result of FAILING SCHOOLS. So JAMES I would say this, get involved go to board meetings demand answers to the decisions that have made by this out of touch with a bad economy and the position they put the TAXPAYERS OF KEARNY. Also you can review their decisions on the WEBSITE " KEARNYSCHOOLS .COM" Stay informed and if you have any suggestions on how we can improve this mess please by all means offer them it would be much better that what was done by this Board of Education. 

Thank you. Yes, I will get involved. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DAD

Some of the principals I have interacted with as a PTA member have little or no personality of social grace.  I also have witnessed a principal mock and make fun of other in the presence of myself and teachers.  Is this really the behavior that takes place in the buildings.  I could understand if it was a "Bad Day" sort of event.  I am beginning to realize that this behavior is much more common then many of us may have originally thought.  I can only imagine how this trickles down to the students.  My son is not much of a complainer but I know that moral is pretty low.  Could you imagine being in such an environment. 

Just thinking out loud. 

Guest Property Taxes going up

\The Kearny Board of Education budget is in and the news is bad.

That’s because the local tax levy for the 2017-2018 school year is up and, therefore, so are the school taxes.

In support of an increase in the general fund from last school year, from $83,977,128 to $84,226,387, local school taxes are projected to rise, from $4,548 in 2016 to $4,693 in 2017 – an increase of $145 on the “average” house assessed at about $95,000.

Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry

All family and friends safely secure in their positions. Thank You Taxpayers of Kearny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Everyone who lives outside of Kearny knows that the words KEARNY & EDUCATION do not belong in the same sentence. Please make the proper corrections.