Councilman Found in Burning Car

Guest 2nd warder

The Police have not given many details.  Lets hope this was an accident and not something worse.  I thought it was a heart attack shoveling snow.  It appears to be something worse.

Guest KPDRetiredOne
On 1/9/2017 at 10:16 PM, Guest Kearny said:

The Police have not given many details.  Lets hope this was an accident and not something worse.  I thought it was a heart attack shoveling snow.  It appears to be something worse.

It was a Heart Attack.  There was video of the entire thing.  Just an extraordinarily tragic series of events.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest

It's a mystery that's not being investigated. In my opinion, the Kearny Firefighters response time was probably slow which may have been a contributing factor. I see numerous requests were made questioning the response time with no answers. The man did die in a burning car so that is a legitimate question. How could the 100 member Kearny Firefighting smoke eating heroes not save the day? The Kearny Fire Dept. is an extremely expensive machine that hands out promotions on what seems to be on a monthly basis. They are also a skilled publicity machine that sings their own praises but in reality accomplish very little. The Chief makes over $200,000 a year and many others make over $100,000 plus unlimited overtime. It's no mystery why people are fleeing Kearny for greener pastures and lower taxes. Hardly any Firefighters live in Kearny so that should tell you something. Poor Councilman never had a chance. That's my opinion. Anyone else?

• 2 months later...
Guest On The Scene
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:27 AM, Guest Guest said:

It's a mystery that's not being investigated. In my opinion, the Kearny Firefighters response time was probably slow which may have been a contributing factor. I see numerous requests were made questioning the response time with no answers. The man did die in a burning car so that is a legitimate question. How could the 100 member Kearny Firefighting smoke eating heroes not save the day? The Kearny Fire Dept. is an extremely expensive machine that hands out promotions on what seems to be on a monthly basis. They are also a skilled publicity machine that sings their own praises but in reality accomplish very little. The Chief makes over $200,000 a year and many others make over $100,000 plus unlimited overtime. It's no mystery why people are fleeing Kearny for greener pastures and lower taxes. Hardly any Firefighters live in Kearny so that should tell you something. Poor Councilman never had a chance. That's my opinion. Anyone else?

Please do not try to fashion this tragedy into the pointy end of a stick that you will use to poke the fire department when you have absolutely no clue about what happened that day.  As someone who was on the scene, both the police and fire department responded very quickly, acted compassionately towards the family, conducted themselves professionally in their duties, and had the horrible responsibility of investigating the death of someone who was a personal friend of a number of responders.  Jon Giordano was very supportive of both the police department and the fire department, so I would advise you to take caution in using his passing for your political agenda.  Please be guided accordingly.

Guest Guest

What was the response time to the scene by the Kearny Fire Department? It's a reasonable request. Stop deflection from the question at hand by being the official Kearny Fire Department apologist. Maybe the smoker eaters were sleeping or running personal errands which delayed the response time? When seconds count the Fire Department is only minutes away.

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, Guest Give it up said:

If you are so concerned with the response time why dont you go to town hall and put in an OPRA request? 

Barney's a snowflake who needs a safe space, he could never do something like that.

Guest Guest

If you were proud of the response time you would plaster it all over the place. The fact that you want people to dig for it suggests that it wasn't that great. No pride on that ride!