Adult Bike riders on sidewalks, Against the Law!

Guest Apprentice writer.

Guest Apprentice writer.

For years Frank E Rogers Blvd. has a very bad rash of Adult bike riders riding on the sidewalk and weaving in and out of pedestrians. Is there a way to enforce the law that requires Adults to ride their bikes in the street. Of course the first comeback will be an excuse, '' The cars drive too wild and don't pay attention to the cyclists. The cars would pay better attention if there were more cyclists on the streets for the drivers to learn how to drive next to them. The cyclists would also have to learn how to share the street with the drivers. Too many kids and elderly people have been injured due to bikes being ridden by adults on the sidewalk. People who are walking their dogs also run the risk of being injured or worse yet having their dogs run over by adult cyclists. Even worse is the idiot cyclists who are actually talking on their cell phones while riding on sidewalks. Are there any other citizens out there that feel the same way? Any pictures of  adult cyclists on the sidewalks of Harrison. Please post so we can reinforce this important issue. Maybe someone can draw up some  bilingual flyers and post the PDF file here so we can all print them up and distribute them.

I'm amazed that no on has added a comment yet regarding this issue.  I see adults riding bikes on sidewalks at high speeds on the sidewalks of both FER Blvd and Harrison Avenue all the time. Someone is going to get hurt here. Why not add bike lanes on both FER Blvd and Harrison Avenue?

Guest bike riders

your thoughts are right  but, nothing 's gonna be done till someone    is seriously hurt !  i say push the biker  riders  off their bikes .  right towards the street !   maybe after a few alter cations, the police will  get off their  lazy asses , and do something about it.  

you, and your loved ones  safety  ,could be at risk !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest watcher

why print bi linqual flyers ?  in what language ? short them a dime on their  welfare checks,and they will speak , and undererstand english ,better than you, and me !       why cater to them ? are you nuts? ignorance of the law, is no excuse.  no speakie, or  i don't know.....yeah right