BLUE TIDE FOOTBALL

Guest Alumni

Guest Alumni

As a former player for the Blue Tide team, it is really good to see that they are off to such a great start!  However, lets face the fact that regardless of what former coach Ferriero did to be removed as the coach, Mike Hinchcliffe needs to give some credit to all of the hard work that was put in prior to him taking over and not make it seem as if he is the sole reason for their success! He stepped into a great position, (lucky guy) but in most articles I have read, he doesn't give credit where credit is due.  The kids are doing a great job, but the coaches who put all of the time in over the summer getting this team prepared should also be given their proper dues.  Just an opinion from a proud Alum.

I AGREE WITH ALUM. WHEN IS THE LAST TIME THE FOOTBALL TEAM WAS UNDEFEATED IN ITS FIRST FOUR GAMES?  KUDOS TO KIDS AND CURRENT COACHES BUT THIS TEAM WAS PREPARED WELL BEFORE THE START OF THE SEASON AND DESPITE THE EVENTS THAT UNFOLDED, THAT SHOULD NOT GO UNNOTICED.  LETS KEEP THE WINNING GOING

On 10/7/2016 at 10:25 AM, Guest Alumni said:

As a former player for the Blue Tide team, it is really good to see that they are off to such a great start!  However, lets face the fact that regardless of what former coach Ferriero did to be removed as the coach, Mike Hinchcliffe needs to give some credit to all of the hard work that was put in prior to him taking over and not make it seem as if he is the sole reason for their success! He stepped into a great position, (lucky guy) but in most articles I have read, he doesn't give credit where credit is due.  The kids are doing a great job, but the coaches who put all of the time in over the summer getting this team prepared should also be given their proper dues.  Just an opinion from a proud Alum.

Coach Hinchcliffe is doing a terrific job! I know the saying that "A Coach is only as good as his Players!" Even with the best players a Coach still has to manage every aspect of the game. Not an easy job. The unfortunate incident involving the newly hired coach being fired so fast was a huge shock. But the Players, Staff and all involved have weathered that nicely and have really jelled into a pretty exciting team, which hasn't been seen for decades. Hopefully, The Town jumps onboard and gets involved with full support, because the Team deserves it! I know Coach Hinchcliffe and he did not just "step" into anything. He knows the game inside and out and was asked to fill a spot with a lot of light on him, with a awful history of terrible Teams and Coaches. Not exactly a "Win, Win, Situation." Who knew when he accepted the job that the team would excel? No one can predict success before the season starts. A Coach could inherit 11 starters from the year before and still flop. Besides, when was the last time that The Football Team had a better record than The Soccer Team? I back Coach Hinch and his entire team and staff! Keep up the great work, because you have already created an excitement (even if they lose the rest of their games) that is very rare and is being noticed by more people than you think. Good Luck against Pompton Lakes! This is your biggest hurdle so far.

Happy to see the team doing so well since it has been a while, however I think that next year will prove more on how good of a coach Hinchcliffe is.  Lets not forget that he also has coaches that were there with these kids from the beginning who have been a huge part of the success that they are having.    Good Luck Tide!

Guest Greenman

The record speaks for itself. The last time the football  team was undefeated but tied was 1955. The soccer team also had an undefeated season and were  state champs. Obviously, Michael Hinchcliffe is doing a great job. Lets hope they make him permanent football coach.

Why didnt Huaranga hire one of the coaches who was there with this team from the beginning?  Why was Hinchcliffe hired before any of the assistants who had put in their time before Coach was let go?

• 3 weeks later...