Mayor Santos must get out in front of ZITKA VIRUS

Guest Concerned Athletic Parent

Guest Concerned Athletic Parent

Being a parent of children active in sports programs in Kearny it is alarming to me that this virus has reached the United States and with Gunnel Oval a stones throw away from the Meadows this would a good time for the Mayor to get a head of the game and be Proactive in protecting our Children and Parents who use the Oval. Mayor this is the time to get in front on this issue in preventing this virus from spreading in Kearny. Please give it some thought and see if it is possible to spray the area with repellent. Also Veterans Field is also a place that would need it. Thank you,

Guest Kearny!

I think its time for a change!  Mayor Santos & his administration need to go!  

Property taxes has increased every year. Our school system is failing! 

But why would the Mayor care....He has two full-time jobs..Time for him to quit the county job and focus on Kearny!

Guest Skeeters
On July 31, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Guest Concerned Athletic Parent said:

Being a parent of children active in sports programs in Kearny it is alarming to me that this virus has reached the United States and with Gunnel Oval a stones throw away from the Meadows this would a good time for the Mayor to get a head of the game and be Proactive in protecting our Children and Parents who use the Oval. Mayor this is the time to get in front on this issue in preventing this virus from spreading in Kearny. Please give it some thought and see if it is possible to spray the area with repellent. Also Veterans Field is also a place that would need it. Thank you,

I agree that something needs to be done about the mosquitos in the area. I was watching a report last night that the type of mosquitos carrying the Zika virus can only breed and survive in the hottest, wettest climates: south Florida, Louisiana, south Texas, etc. that made me feel somewhat better. Not that that makes the mosquito problem any more bearable. NY State is using a product that isn't damaging to the environment or to people, maybe NJ and Kearny can follow suit and provide the same type of control. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Worryed
On 7/31/2016 at 11:19 AM, Guest Concerned Athletic Parent said:

Rumor has it that the ZIKA virus has been present in the West Hudson area can anyone confirm this??