Taxes

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I just got my tax bill.  After receiving a letter from Mayor Fife telling us how he stabilized taxes with the last bill, I was expecting similar reductions with this bill.  To my surprise I got a huge tax increase.  Maybe the mayor could send us another letter explaining why.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Hood

The current property tax increase will not be enough to cover the loss of state aid to the bloated Harrison Abbott District. There will be a special tax assessment in the amount of $1000 per Homeowner by the years end. This $1000 will be used to cover expenses and salary increases. The taxpayers had better buckle their seatbelts for this ride.

Guest Guest

New Jersey has 250 boroughs, 52 cities, 15 towns, 245 townships, and 4 villages. Harrison has the fourteenth highest tax rate in the state.  Who or what is responsible for this.  Can Mayor Fife answer this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

According to Sunday’s Star Ledger, Harrison has the eleventh highest tax rate per income in the state.  Higher taxes means higher rents, That is why we have so many vacant stores on Harrison Ave.  Small business cant start up because of high rents.  The Police and Fire departments. are at their lowest levels of manpower ever.  Our streets and roads are in worse shape than ever.  Don’t cross the street at Kingsland and Harrison Ave. the hole is so big you might fall in.  Perhaps our mayor can explain where our tax dollars are going.