Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry

BOE Members Stand United for Family & Friends

105 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2017 at 8:35 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Well the result of getting rid of these members ( Cifelli-Sherry, MacDonald) that caused "THE WORST FINANCIAL CRiSIS IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY" was not to be, so I say to the parents, teachers, and most all the students be prepared for hard cuts in School Services ie. Layoffs in all area's of the School District and class sizes will increase, Janitor's will go and will there be talk of Privatization in closing the $2.7 million dollar deficit that was created by the mismanagement of this board and adminstration? I would think that this crisis would put all options on the table in cutting costs. Kearny is at a crossroads and the sadness of what happened here was clearly a power struggle between self interest members and people who served and where really there in doing the right things for best interests of the Kearny School District. I strongly believe we in Kearny are misinformed about the issues that face our School's and what this town needs are more parents and taxpayers to start going to board meetings and asking the question "WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR SCHOOLS" Now that these board members have been elected show them that your'e involved ask the questions that need to be asked and demand accountabilty and remind them that they work for you and not the other way around. 

Well the time has come and now hard choices have to be made as a result of the " WORST FINANCIAL CRISIS IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY" CHARTER SCHOOLS are invading our town with more on the way. I say this thank Barbara and Bernadette for the mess you put this School District and you will now see more students leaving Public Education and more of our tax money going to Private for PROFIT Education and Unions will grow weaker and Staff reductions will be a common practice and the sad thing about this is our property taxes will increase every year and we will pay more for less as services will be cut as a result of bad planning and lack of preparing for these Charter Schools. So I say this don't let me say I told you so back in January because D-DAY has come to the Students and Teachers of Kearny. You can be sure all Family and Friends will be saved from the layoffs.

On 4/7/2017 at 7:29 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Well the time has come and now hard choices have to be made as a result of the " WORST FINANCIAL CRISIS IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY" CHARTER SCHOOLS are invading our town with more on the way. I say this thank Barbara and Bernadette for the mess you put this School District and you will now see more students leaving Public Education and more of our tax money going to Private for PROFIT Education and Unions will grow weaker and Staff reductions will be a common practice and the sad thing about this is our property taxes will increase every year and we will pay more for less as services will be cut as a result of bad planning and lack of preparing for these Charter Schools. So I say this don't let me say I told you so back in January because D-DAY has come to the Students and Teachers of Kearny. You can be sure all Family and Friends will be saved from the layoffs.

What a mess "GOD HELP US"

In all my years as an educator in Kearny i'm in disbelief watching our School System being dismantled by for Profit Charter School. This Board of Education as opened the door for more students to abandon Public Education in favor of Charters and it could result in more Layoffs in the future with our property taxes going for private for profit Charter Schools. I feel bad for teachers that are in the early part of their careers not knowing if they will have a job from year to year. Bad policy by this board and adminstration caused this to happen and its only going to get worse so be prepared staff because every year from now on will be a crap shoot if you continue in keeping your job. You can thank the political driven climate as the reason this has happened.

I guess the damage has been done and the total screw up of the Kearny School District by Cifelli-Sherry and her gang. The end result is I heard that her house is for sale. A major tax increase could be the reason she might have priced herself out of the market. Bad Decisions result in a town that is upside down and has major problems with the public being unable to afford major tax increases year after year as a result of long time representation of the likes of Cifelli-Sherry and others. WAKE UP KEARNY and SMELL what there dishing out and start reacting and tell them it stinks and take steps in throwing these people that have been to long and replace them with fresh new ideas that will make our Schools Better for everybody not just a chosen few.

Out with the old in with the new, much needed change is needed in order to fix this mess of a school system. Over taxed and under served and it will only get worse.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0