BOE Members Stand United for Family & Friends

Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry

On 1/15/2017 at 8:35 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Well the result of getting rid of these members ( Cifelli-Sherry, MacDonald) that caused "THE WORST FINANCIAL CRiSIS IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY" was not to be, so I say to the parents, teachers, and most all the students be prepared for hard cuts in School Services ie. Layoffs in all area's of the School District and class sizes will increase, Janitor's will go and will there be talk of Privatization in closing the $2.7 million dollar deficit that was created by the mismanagement of this board and adminstration? I would think that this crisis would put all options on the table in cutting costs. Kearny is at a crossroads and the sadness of what happened here was clearly a power struggle between self interest members and people who served and where really there in doing the right things for best interests of the Kearny School District. I strongly believe we in Kearny are misinformed about the issues that face our School's and what this town needs are more parents and taxpayers to start going to board meetings and asking the question "WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO OUR SCHOOLS" Now that these board members have been elected show them that your'e involved ask the questions that need to be asked and demand accountabilty and remind them that they work for you and not the other way around. 

Well the time has come and now hard choices have to be made as a result of the " WORST FINANCIAL CRISIS IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY" CHARTER SCHOOLS are invading our town with more on the way. I say this thank Barbara and Bernadette for the mess you put this School District and you will now see more students leaving Public Education and more of our tax money going to Private for PROFIT Education and Unions will grow weaker and Staff reductions will be a common practice and the sad thing about this is our property taxes will increase every year and we will pay more for less as services will be cut as a result of bad planning and lack of preparing for these Charter Schools. So I say this don't let me say I told you so back in January because D-DAY has come to the Students and Teachers of Kearny. You can be sure all Family and Friends will be saved from the layoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Parent
On 4/7/2017 at 7:29 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Well the time has come and now hard choices have to be made as a result of the " WORST FINANCIAL CRISIS IN THE HISTORY OF KEARNY" CHARTER SCHOOLS are invading our town with more on the way. I say this thank Barbara and Bernadette for the mess you put this School District and you will now see more students leaving Public Education and more of our tax money going to Private for PROFIT Education and Unions will grow weaker and Staff reductions will be a common practice and the sad thing about this is our property taxes will increase every year and we will pay more for less as services will be cut as a result of bad planning and lack of preparing for these Charter Schools. So I say this don't let me say I told you so back in January because D-DAY has come to the Students and Teachers of Kearny. You can be sure all Family and Friends will be saved from the layoffs.

What a mess "GOD HELP US"

• 1 month later...
Guest Angry Longtime Educator

In all my years as an educator in Kearny i'm in disbelief watching our School System being dismantled by for Profit Charter School. This Board of Education as opened the door for more students to abandon Public Education in favor of Charters and it could result in more Layoffs in the future with our property taxes going for private for profit Charter Schools. I feel bad for teachers that are in the early part of their careers not knowing if they will have a job from year to year. Bad policy by this board and adminstration caused this to happen and its only going to get worse so be prepared staff because every year from now on will be a crap shoot if you continue in keeping your job. You can thank the political driven climate as the reason this has happened.

I guess the damage has been done and the total screw up of the Kearny School District by Cifelli-Sherry and her gang. The end result is I heard that her house is for sale. A major tax increase could be the reason she might have priced herself out of the market. Bad Decisions result in a town that is upside down and has major problems with the public being unable to afford major tax increases year after year as a result of long time representation of the likes of Cifelli-Sherry and others. WAKE UP KEARNY and SMELL what there dishing out and start reacting and tell them it stinks and take steps in throwing these people that have been to long and replace them with fresh new ideas that will make our Schools Better for everybody not just a chosen few.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest An Angry Taxpayer

Out with the old in with the new, much needed change is needed in order to fix this mess of a school system. Over taxed and under served and it will only get worse.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:55 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

I guess the damage has been done and the total screw up of the Kearny School District by Cifelli-Sherry and her gang. The end result is I heard that her house is for sale. A major tax increase could be the reason she might have priced herself out of the market. Bad Decisions result in a town that is upside down and has major problems with the public being unable to afford major tax increases year after year as a result of long time representation of the likes of Cifelli-Sherry and others. WAKE UP KEARNY and SMELL what there dishing out and start reacting and tell them it stinks and take steps in throwing these people that have been to long and replace them with fresh new ideas that will make our Schools Better for everybody not just a chosen few.

I find it amusing that Board Member CIFELLI- SHERRY was quoted in the newspaper as saying " I don't like Charter Schools " Well Ms Cifelli-Sherry these Charter Schools are here to stay and you and your Family and Friends Society are the reason that they're here. So don't try to turn the tables and say it wasn't you who caused this total blunder in the worst decision in not expanding the Middle School and allowing this Charter School to come into town in the first place. Kearny will live with your error in judgement for many years and the sad thing about this is that Public Education in Kearny will change forever. Property Taxes will continue to increase and services will be reduced like in this current budget and the younger teachers won't know from year to year if they will have a job.  So go around and join the the rallies and stand with the teachers and staff and be a supporter of their efforts of the problems you and your buddies caused but in the end the teachers and staff are smart enough to know that this Board of Education caused this mess and there is no way to fix it. Oh by the way Mr Viscuso who will be using the lights at Franklin Field this summer? What a Brain Storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Charter Parent

My sons first year in a charter school was great he learned a lot and his individual instruction was better than the Public School thank you BOE for bringing in this school to Kearny.

Guest The Silent Majority
On 7/1/2017 at 5:16 PM, Guest Charter Parent said:

My sons first year in a charter school was great he learned a lot and his individual instruction was better than the Public School thank you BOE for bringing in this school to Kearny.

I believe that Mayor Santos privately supports the Charter School concept because if you see what's happening in Kearny with mass over development in apartment units will result in over crowding in our public schools the more units the more families will add more students to the pool. The balance of students will off set the over crowding issue and the end result will be a competition between the Public School's and Charter School's. I the end I will predict in ten years you will see a Charter School take over one of our Elementary School's  maybe Garfield School in the future. So be prepared Parent's and Public School Teacher's education in Kearny has changed forever and can't be changed and I believe the Mayor privately has supported these Charter's in solving this over crowding issue as result of his over development apartment plan.

Guest Family First
On 6/24/2017 at 8:18 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

I find it amusing that Board Member CIFELLI- SHERRY was quoted in the newspaper as saying " I don't like Charter Schools " Well Ms Cifelli-Sherry these Charter Schools are here to stay and you and your Family and Friends Society are the reason that they're here. So don't try to turn the tables and say it wasn't you who caused this total blunder in the worst decision in not expanding the Middle School and allowing this Charter School to come into town in the first place. Kearny will live with your error in judgement for many years and the sad thing about this is that Public Education in Kearny will change forever. Property Taxes will continue to increase and services will be reduced like in this current budget and the younger teachers won't know from year to year if they will have a job.  So go around and join the the rallies and stand with the teachers and staff and be a supporter of their efforts of the problems you and your buddies caused but in the end the teachers and staff are smart enough to know that this Board of Education caused this mess and there is no way to fix it. Oh by the way Mr Viscuso who will be using the lights at Franklin Field this summer? What a Brain Storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was any Board Member's Family or Friend's part of the 14 teacher's and Staff that were Laid Off??????

On 6/24/2017 at 8:18 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

CIFELLI-SHERRY and MaCDONALD need to RESIGN as poor decisions have resulted in the future dismantlement of the Kearny School District. Charter Schools are accepting applications for the start of September 2017. Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Concerned Taxpayer

The selected group of McDonald and Sherry-Cifelli have another master plan in the works. Word on the street is they will split the ticket this election to bring back Samatha Paris. That's right.

Zibby Viscuso and Samatha Paris are running together. Leaving Davidson and Hill on their own.

Time to change the make up of this board.  This election vote for change.

Send a message to this crew.

Your day is coming.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:46 AM, Guest Concerned Taxpayer said:

The selected group of McDonald and Sherry-Cifelli have another master plan in the works. Word on the street is they will split the ticket this election to bring back Samatha Paris. That's right.

Zibby Viscuso and Samatha Paris are running together. Leaving Davidson and Hill on their own.

Time to change the make up of this board.  This election vote for change.

Send a message to this crew.

Your day is coming.

This arrangement doesn't surprise me at all in that they will go to great length's to preserve their family and friends network as they disguise their intentions and in showing their loyalty one of these candidates in their own group is going to get screwed and that just goes to show you that they will screw their own people to maintain their hold on power and in the end Charter Schools will grow and Public Education will erode, services will be reduced and taxes will continue to increase, More Teacher's and Staff will be laid off and all the result of a board that lack the insight to see what these Charter School's have done to the fiber of Public Education and it's impact it will forever have in Kearny. So think twice before voting for any of these four candidates as this is a no better time to DRAIN THE SWAMP and start fresh with people who understand the issues and will manage our School Taxes in ways that will Maximize the most for our Students for the money we spend in the Classroom and not Stupid non-educational projects like Lights at Franklin School that Viscuso Championed while they were laying off 14 teacher's and it showed no regard what the impact would have on these lay offs as a result of budgeting money for these lights. Think long and hard before voting for these candidates!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

First of all , the Charter School came to Kearny because the board did not take St Stephen's School. A decision made before Hill and Davidson came on the board. But, Viscuso was there.

Before and after care for working parents both Hill and Davidson voted yes from the beginning. Viscuso voted No the first time.

The Franklin lights did not cause 14 people to be laid off. The shortfall due to the Charter School and State under funding was the cause.

The High School Construction was started again. Hill and Davidson said No to anymore law suits. Viscuso introduces a motion that terminates the contractor. The whole board voted Yes.

This happen way before Hill and Davidson.

I for one will vote for Hill and Davidson. I have watched them,  they are outsiders. They have no family or friends working for the board. It seems they want to work for the taxpayer and children.

On 7/31/2017 at 6:16 AM, Guest Guest said:

First of all , the Charter School came to Kearny because the board did not take St Stephen's School. A decision made before Hill and Davidson came on the board. But, Viscuso was there.

Before and after care for working parents both Hill and Davidson voted yes from the beginning. Viscuso voted No the first time.

The Franklin lights did not cause 14 people to be laid off. The shortfall due to the Charter School and State under funding was the cause.

The High School Construction was started again. Hill and Davidson said No to anymore law suits. Viscuso introduces a motion that terminates the contractor. The whole board voted Yes.

This happen way before Hill and Davidson.

I for one will vote for Hill and Davidson. I have watched them,  they are outsiders. They have no family or friends working for the board. It seems they want to work for the taxpayer and children.

I thank you for explaining the position's of Hill and Davidson and the fact that they have no Family employed in our school's also the newly elected Board Member its been said has drank the Kool-Aid and is falling in line with the Cifelli-Sherry Spell. It is refreshing to hear if true that these individuals are representing the Board in the best interests of our Teachers and Children and not preserving a family and friends network. I will reconsider my support of Hill and Davidson anything is better than VISCUSO and PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KOTW
KOTW Note: Original poster did not post response after the Quote. KOTW separated the post from the quoted post.

Time to end the failed decisions by this Board and start fresh and take the power out of the self interest Board Members who's only agenda is to preserve their family and friends network. It's only a matter of time before the yearly lay offs get to a family member of one of these board members when these Charter Schools start taking over Education in Kearny. So let's make a strong effort to end the VISCUSO, PARIS, HILL, DAVIDSON tenure on the Board and start holding these high paying Adminstrator,s accountable for the money we pay them. 

Guest Confused

Silent Majority, first you were in support of Hill and Davidson. And now you're not. 

I'm confused. Did you not check your last post.

I for one am supporting Hill and Davidson.

21 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

Silent Majority, first you were in support of Hill and Davidson. And now you're not. 

Don't be confused when in thinking reconsider means support of Hill and Davidson I've considered it and now believe a complete change is needed in order to start fresh with no ties to bad policy. Please don't confuse reconsider support for these candidates.

On 8/7/2017 at 9:55 AM, Guest Confused said:

You are supporting  them not considering them that's an endorsement.

I understand that Paris is running for the board because she lost to Zapata.

And Viscuso is running with her. Dumping his running mates.  Can this get anymore ridiculous. She worked with these people on the board. They seemed to work well together. And the other misfits are okay with this?

The people didn't vote Paris in the last time. She lost to her running mates by a thousand votes. What makes her think people will vote her in now.

Don't vote for Viscuso and Paris.

Time for a change. 

Guest Curious Guest

If Paris is running and she split a ticket

How does Doran feel about that?

I'm sure he'll fall right in line with the crowd that came up with this  plan. 

So let me see if I got this right.

The board works well together. Now there could be a split.

Get ready folks, here is where our kids get the shaft.

Paris, you lost last time. Do yourself a favor, get out now. People don't want you on the board.

On 8/21/2017 at 6:13 AM, Guest Curious Guest said:

Paris, you lost last time. Do yourself a favor, get out now. People don't want you on the board.

What a silly statement. Anyone who wants to serve has the right to run for office, and then people have the right to vote for their choice.  If Mrs. Paris wants to continue to serve on the BOE, she runs for office & can run for office how many times she chooses.  Just like the other candidate who lost last year and is running again.  Vote in November and see what happens, but you can not discourage good candidates from running because you have some kind of personal agenda.   

Far from good.

What is the motivation for Paris to run?

I believe she is pissed off she lost.

And  she interested in serving her ego not the BOE.

Yes, Vote in November

Vote against Paris and Viscuso! 

19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Far from good.

What is the motivation for Paris to run?

I believe she is pissed off she lost.

And  she interested in serving her ego not the BOE.

Yes, Vote in November

Vote against Paris and Viscuso! 

And what is the motivation for the other candidates? Are they also serving their egos? Like I said before, you have a personal agenda and why should anyone should take your advice based on your "personal" feelings?  From a realistic perspective, both Paris and Viscuso have as much right to be considered as any of the other candidates.