BOE Members Stand United for Family & Friends

Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry

Guest drop the mic.

Wow, does that mean we won't be sitting around the fire. And singing? You and your family like to tell people how it is.But look out when you don't like the truth coming at you. you  get on your high horse and run away. The truth is your mother was standing there. When the girls name was called, she turned her back. Low class. She went after the child because she was mad at the father. Fact! Get over yourself.

Guest drop the mic.

Let me start by saying I have known  the Cifelli Sherry family for years. And it makes me sad to hear all the things that are being said, She is a grandmother,and mother. And will always say what is on her mind.that is the Cifelli in her. They have always felt they were above everyone in this little town of Kearny. You just have to let them blow their own horn. As we all read how wonderful her child is.  Congradulations for getting your masters in math. But you need to understand as the rest of us  who live and work. Here do. With brains does not come class! And that your mother displayed to have none. The people of Kearny have seen her true self. And it is very upsetting to go so low to take it out on a child. But again when you think people won't care because you did it with a smile, and you have the Cifelli name. You are truely wrong. We saw and we don't like. So before you get backon the furom and tell us more about the gteat and powerful Sherry. Do the math. All she. Had to say was she was sorry. That would have been All.  But she just keeps showing us she is to good to apologize. Keep up the good work, glad to see you are all about the children.

Guest guest
On 7/10/2016 at 8:16 AM, Guest Confused said:

Heard what at the Greeks?

Very nice to know you have a math degree. Doesn't change the fact that your mother turned her back on the child. Still WRONG!!!

Guest Guest against stupidity
On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Guest Confused said:

Heard what at the 

Hello moderator are you there?  What happened to my post

Guest Common Sense

Funny how all this came out when Mr. Landy was called out. Seems to be throwing little tantrums at council meetings as well (according to the Observer).  If you're not happy with how things are run, try running for the board or attending a meeting. You know it all, keyboard cronies think the job is so easy and love to complain about the BOE and the town. Complaining gets you nowhere, be proactive.

On 7/10/2016 at 9:14 AM, Guest Lori Kyak Castaneda said:

I could spend all day responding to the untruths and innuendo in the previous statements, but alas, I have a life and this will be my last post on this forum. But before I go, a few points: 

1. As for Mr. Landy being commended for uncovering the "mismanagement" of the school district, the only thing uncovered was Mr. Landy's personal agenda. One has only to read the minutes of the Town Council meeting to learn what his real beef is. It has less to do with the current construction project, and everything to do with a dissatisfaction with a personnel issue within the Kearny School District years ago, when my mother was merely a candidate. Although Mr. Konopka originated this discussion, much to his credit, he has not become embroiled in the personal undercurrent. He has since met with the board and the plant operations manager to understand more fully the complexity of the construction project.
  2. While conspiracy theory makes for good cinema, one would have to believe that there were many others involved in the "Great Graduation Snub" for it to have come off without a hitch. Once she realized that Mr. Landy's daughter was one of the 440+ graduates, she would have to have memorized the roster previous to the L's to know exactly when to step out, get the Lincoln Middle School administration, the superintendent, and the other board members in cahoots to ensure that she was sitting on the girl's side of the dais, in the proper seat to be giving out the first set of diplomas, and to cut off the list at just the right place as to not give out that particular diploma. If you believe all of that, I do have a bridge to sell you! Were she as calculating and selfish as you say, why would she put herself in a position that would open her to such scrutiny? If she really wanted to be spiteful and vindictive, she could have made sure to insert herself into the Landy family photos of the event. Sometimes a coincidence is just a coincidence!
  3. Apparently, the same rules don't apply to everyone's family. While some families are off limits, it seems to be open season on mine, calling into question the circumstances of my employment, as well as that of my children (son and daughter-in-law)! We were all hired long before my mother became a board member. This is my 20th year in the Kearny School District. I was hired as a full-time teacher after serving as a long-term substitute for over a year. I have been named Lincoln School Teacher of the Year, have received exceptional yearly evaluations, taken countless classes and workshops to better my teaching, and am one of the few teachers in the district to have attained my Masters in Middle School Mathematics Education. I am proud of my accomplishments, and you have called into question how I got, and how I've kept my job over the years. Has my mother helped me in my career? Of course! I am a strong and determined woman because of her. I didn't need any strings to be pulled to get to where I am today. All that aside, I was born and raised in Kearny; went through the public schools here; raised my family and own a home here. I am invested in this community! Does the fact that my family has been in public service to our community for generations, preclude me from seeking employment in, and giving back to, the town I call home? (I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation!)

So, the few of you, under various pseudonyms, go ahead and have your fun. LKC out! (mic drop...pun intended!)

My My a bit TESTY aren't we, Well let me be clear about one thing the Cifelli's have had a long history in Politics in this town. I know you are a good teacher you don't have to defend yourself by telling us how great you are which has nothing to do with this discussion. Their are many people just as good if not better that had no advantage in gaining employment in Kearny. YOU DID!! Your Uncle is a Hudson County Freeholer and I would assume that carries a lot of weight and the connections your Mother has had over the years  with former board members who hired you had something to do with it and also plays into the narrative as to who your Mother truly represents, countless people in your Mother's group when they get enlisted to run for office always in many cases come out of their tenure with a job for a family member or friend. When this starts to effect the quality of the School District "WHICH IT HAS" then this Town must react and make serious change in this Board of Education and this Adminstration. LKC please don't lecture us about your Mother being treated unfairly because this is the arena she is a part of and bringing these issues to light is fair game and just as she is out spoken, everyone has a right to express themselves and make their points. Its just that the many points that have been made here are FACT and my advice to you would be to you and your Mother you should QUIT while your ahead of the game. PS the other Board Members have remained silent maybe because Family and Friends is a losing argument. JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anti Christie
On 7/13/2016 at 1:32 PM, Guest Common Sense said:
On 7/11/2016 at 4:11 PM, Guest Guest against stupidity said:

Hello moderator are you there?  What happened to my post

Agreed this is a bad site and needs fixing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/9/2016 at 8:40 PM, Guest Tears said:

Oh sure, it was just a coincidence!  We all believe that one, and while you're are it why don't you try to sell us the Brooklyn Bridge!  What's the matter, your mother forget how to write?  She seems to be very good at starting a fight, but I guess the Sherry's have pretty thin skin!  Your Mother and Landy had a very public arguement over the construction and your Mother acted like a child, plain and simple.  So go and cry a river that someone here is insulting you but remember that the list of those insulted by your family is much longer and they have long memories.

You better believe it.

Guest Against Greedy Fire Chief

It is interesting that the Cifelli Group has all of a sudden become SILENT and the reason being there is to much attention given in relationship to the hiring of FAMILY in the Kearny Schools. It also should be noted that Fire Chief Steven Dyl  has slipped under the radar when he has enriched his life at the expense of the taxpayer with *** **** *** ******** working in the Kearny Schools. What a system that when you run for something you can make you life so much better when others are suffering with high taxes and POOR LEADERSHIP in a failed system that have hurt families at the expense of ***** and ***** of **** ****** people who's only purpose is to make sure FAMILY and FRIENDS are taken care of and the PARENTS, STUDENTS, TEACHERS. and TAXPAYERS are secondary. WAKE UP KEARNY and SMELL the COFFEE and make the changes on this BOE that will put you FIRST and not THEM.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Common Sense

If you didn't read previous posts, her family members were hired LONG BEFORE she was elected to the board. Keep stirring the pot, keyboard mafia.

Guest Fed up

This BOE is such a joke. If they didn' t have all their friends and family working in the schools there would be jobs for people who really know how to teach. And are test scores wouldn't be so low. So keep up the good work BOE MISFITS!! The tax payers will remember this in November. Time to take out the trash.

Guest Well Said

Couldn't Agree more

On 7/28/2016 at 11:55 AM, Guest Fed up said:

This BOE is such a joke. If they didn' t have all their friends and family working in the schools there would be jobs for people who really know how to teach. And are test scores wouldn't be so low. So keep up the good work BOE MISFITS!! The tax payers will remember this in November. Time to take out the trash.

Couldn't Agree More!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest Hyphen Guest

Must be something about hyphenated last names and arrogance that go hand in hand.  Maybe it's the identity crisis that makes one feel the need to hyphenate their last names, but I guess to each their own.  What amazes me is how you and your Mother feel that you can start a war of words, but then when things get a little too hot for your liking you declare an end to it, mic drop or whatever.  You need to realize that people see through you and yours for what you really are and have had enough of you.  You find it necessary to defend your teaching position when that was never questioned.  What's wrong, do you have a guilty conscience?  Did Mommy and Uncle Al help you along the way more than you are willing to admit?  Mommy Dearest and her clan have been attacking, defaming and trampling on people for years to get ahead, but you would have us believe she is Mother Teresa.   But please don't act like the insult she gave at the Lincoln School graduation was so innocent and would be impossible to plan.  I'll break down how simple it was so even you can understand:  Name called, back turned.  Wow that was easy!  Even easier for a true vituperate politician like Barbara Cifelli Sherry!  Finally, don't go away mad, just go away!!

Guest Supporter of NEWCOMERS

The politics in Kearny have come to a head and now the public is paying attention. This Board Election should be interesting and a Town Revolt is something that needs to take place to send a message to the establishment that they can't continue to fool the TAXPAYERS in this town that they are servicing our Children. Their not!!!! its all about FAMILY and FRIENDS and they will do anything to preserve their KINGDOM of taking care of their own. IT MUST STOP NOW !!!!!!!!!! This is destroying our School District !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't look for the best for our kids we look who can win elections and then hire family and friends. WAKE UP KEARNY and SUPPORT THESE NEW COMERS THAT ARE RUNNING AGAINST THE SHERRY- CIFELLI TEAM. CIFELLI-SHERRY had a SLOGAN the FIRST TIME she RAN for the BOARD " HAD ENOUGH" the new SLOGAN for the NEWCOMERS should be "HAVE YOU REALLY HAD A ENOUGH" Throw this whole group out on their EARS they don't deserve another term. CHANGE IS GOOD at this TIME for KEARNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/11/2016 at 0:50 PM, Guest Jack said:

Kearny needs a new administration all around!

What is the total household income of the FIRE CHIEF and all the JOBS that his family holds in the school district as a result of him being on the BOARD of EDUCATION. Time to face up to who you really represent Mr Dyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kearny Senior
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:57 AM, Guest Against Greedy Fire Chief said:

What is the total household income of the FIRE CHIEF and all the JOBS that his family holds in the school district as a result of him being on the BOARD of EDUCATION. Time to face up to who you really represent Mr Dyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For someone that doesn't live in Kearny, your interest in the fire dept is curious, Barney. I guess you never got over being rejected as a FF.

21 hours ago, Guest Kearny Senior said:

For someone that doesn't live in Kearny, your interest in the fire dept is curious, Barney. I guess you never got over being rejected as a FF.

Have a career A$$HOLE and no family working on the public dime like DYL Fireman are over payed and under worked starting with Chief Dyl so look at what the taxes are in Kearny and compare that to the services that this town provides and sadly the community as a whole is getting a royal screw job at the expense of an over payed FIRE CHIEF $ 197.000 salary and family working for the town and everybody says what a nice guy Steve is and that begs the question why do you think hes such a nice guy BARNEY HATER?? because he has to for the sake of preserving the family fortune. So keep the spin BARNEY HATER because you are fighting a losing argument the town has had enough and change is coming BARNEY FIFE so keep posting and when you stop drinking look at what this greed has done to this town.

Guest Kearny Senior
13 hours ago, Guest Against Greedy Fire Chief said:

Have a career A$$HOLE and no family working on the public dime like DYL Fireman are over payed and under worked starting with Chief Dyl so look at what the taxes are in Kearny and compare that to the services that this town provides and sadly the community as a whole is getting a royal screw job at the expense of an over payed FIRE CHIEF $ 197.000 salary and family working for the town and everybody says what a nice guy Steve is and that begs the question why do you think hes such a nice guy BARNEY HATER?? because he has to for the sake of preserving the family fortune. So keep the spin BARNEY HATER because you are fighting a losing argument the town has had enough and change is coming BARNEY FIFE so keep posting and when you stop drinking look at what this greed has done to this town.

Barney, you think you're. so slick. Posting using different names thinking you're fooling anyone.  You're so typical of guys who have tried and failed to become Kearny FF's.  Your jealousy and anger is getting the best of you. If you have a wife and kids, I feel sorry for them.

Guest Lori Kyak Castaneda

To the lowlife who sent out the anonymous mailer to "taxpayers" on Town of Kearny letterhead: Just wanted to say thank you. After I posted a  copy of your hateful letter on Facebook, the outpuring of love and support for us and the other families has been overwhelmingly positive. "Director" ** ******* has unfortunately not been able to see his copy, as he is still on ************* receiving treatment for ********. Crawl back under your rock, you cowardly reptile!

Edited by KOTW
Content & Guest means the poster can be anyone even it they use a real name.

Guest Spelling Bee
On 8/13/2016 at 9:48 PM, Guest KPDRetired said:

Why do you aparently hate spelling and punctuation even more than firemen?

Before you start correcting people learn how to spell apparently.