KHS New Principal

Guest Outside observer!

Guest Outside observer!

So we have a new principal at KHS! Now granted she was hired inheriting a host of problems with the school, mostly the construction! It seemed everyone accepted her with open arms! I was told in the beginning she said all the right things about team building, mutual respect and creating a work environment that would benefit staff and student alike! Since she has been appointed from what I have been told by many friends and students she has been divisive and condescending towards students and teachers alike with no continuity towards discipline, curriculum, dress code violations and mostly absent from the school due to a sick relative! In a time when morale is so low for the students and staff because of the conditions they endure at that school it's distressing how an administrator would go out of her way to demoralize her students and work force instead of trying to foster a positive work enviroment for the students and teachers! Now as a parent of a Kearny High School Student that has a couple of years left I'm telling you if this climate doesn't change I will lobby aggressively to my elected BOE members and Superintendent Blood that her contract not be renewed!  Maybe this job is not for her! IMHO!

Guest Guest - Mom

Outside Observer,

Just read your post and was wondering if you have had any first hand experience with the principal or are you just going by what you have been told?  Not once in your letter did you state something you know to be fact it was all hearsay.  If, as a parent of a high school student, I was concerned over "what I was told" was going on in the building, I would bring my concerns to the principal herself.  She may say all the right things to you, but if she truly was doing a bad job, you would be able to pick up on something. 

Guest Sinking ship!

Morale at the High School at an all time low! Losing good people to Harrison with talk of more to follow! Somebody better get a hold of this situation before we lose more good teachers!

Guest Guest

You don't have to worry about teachers. *** ******'s grandson got his teacher's certificate. So he will be given a job even if they are letting you go. Because family first in the Kearny BOE. Right *******! So it isn't true. He will sneak in as a sub and than in a blink he will be full time. Don't blink it will happen that fast.

Edited by KOTW
Content.