Is there a Street Department in town ?

Guest Guest

I was wondering because just about every street is terrible , pot holes everywhere. the entire harrison ave is a total mess especially with the amount of traffic on it. where do my taxes go ??

Guest magician

your tax monies are paying for the created positions, that are given to connected people ! people retire, getting mega pensions, and comeback to work , at another created JOB ! that's were your tax monies are being spent! you're paying for bloated salaries, in the town hall, and the board of ed ! a lot of the streets look like a war zone, due to heavy vehicular, and truck traffic . I see a lot of trucks , buses, tractor trailers on certain streets ! there are signs saying no trucks allowed on some streets, but it's no enforced ? why not ? there are many more reasons that your taxes are high, but it seems nolbody wants to address ways to lower taxes, or cares ! go to town hall meetings,ask questions, demand answers HAVE THE BALLS TO VOTE THEM OUT !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul Dente.

Here on Reynolds ave , Half the street is in East Newark, And half is in Harrison.East Newark paved half of the\street , And did a great job. while the other side remains un paved. Now we can see which town cares about thier streets. There are a few vans on the street during the day. Not at night though. And it's not near the amount of vans and trucks parked on Hamilton street and second street.