Kearny! Taxes/Educations/Cops/ Parks!

Guest Rick

I moved to Kearny about three years ago. The area I live in is nice but majority of our parks needs to be updated. I know two parks are slated to be worked on in coming months but rogers playground need to get remodel. Also, West Hudson Park needs to be fixed as well, I know its a County Park but would be nice if it was updated. Any updates for a dog park?

It would be nice to see more cops driving around or even riding bikes during the summer. Also, giving out tickets to home owners who do not shovel/mow the lawn/weeds on sidewalk/trash and etc..would make the town look nicer. My taxes are high for a single family at $9,300 and I would like my taxes being put to work. Last, our school system needs to improve and our high school needs an update.

I love where I live but this administration needs to improve!!!!!

Us residents should voice our concerns or form a group to get elected for Board of Ed/ Council members/ or even run for mayor!

Guest Guest

Reality Check time, the Police Department Is almost 30 Officers UNDER what it's supposed to be ( -125..and they'll never reach those numbers again) From the beginning of 2012 there have been almost 25 officers Retire, and so far (Not including the new group that was just Hired) they replaced them with 3 Officers, and then I believe 4 more. Even with the 15 they just got, the majority of them are Academy-bound, which means they don't actually Exist for a minimum of 8-10 Months (6 months Police Academy, and another 8-12 weeks FTO...which is below the minimum FTO Time) As for your Taxes, around 60% of that goes to the BoE, 20% Goes to the County, and the rest that is left is what the Town Functions on for everything Budget-wise, Salaries, Equipment, and day-to-day operations and bills. The Administration allowed both Police and Fire to reach Dangerously low Manning levels (Lower even than when the Vartan Administration refused to hire anyone after over 30-odd retirements due to the State Pension Buyout in the 1990's) The lowest the Dept had been since the 1960's was 99 under Vartan, and now a new low of around 85 under the Current Administration before they started filling spots. If you're lucky you may see the PD get to over 110, but the reality is with less people there is less service...you can only be in one place at a time.

Guest Kearny

Yes, the Mayor Santos holds two jobs as a Mayor & as a Clerk to the Hudson County Board of Chosen Freeholders! There is no way he is putting 100% of his time to KEARNY! Our education system is horrendous! We need other fresh faces to run for the board of education.

Kearny wake up! Let's Make a Change! :)

Guest Guest

Yes, the Mayor Santos holds two jobs as a Mayor & as a Clerk to the Hudson County Board of Chosen Freeholders! There is no way he is putting 100% of his time to KEARNY! Our education system is horrendous! We need other fresh faces to run for the board of education.

Kearny wake up! Let's Make a Change! :)

Do you have any similar concerns about our governor being away from his job 40% of the time pursuing his impossible dream?

• 7 months later...
Guest Kearny Senior

I believe Santos done a good job during his time but its time for Kearny to have a new mayor with new ideas!

Santos "done" ?? Barney, your English grammar is lacking.