Streets

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

i know the town street department did a fine job this winter with the snow removal but the streets are terrible now with a pot hole about every ten feet. No repairs being done either !! i see the guys riding around all day in their indivdual trucks, going to dunkin donuts , the hot dog trucks, quick check. Maybe they are waiting on the next ticker tape parade to happen........ sorry thats just garbage blowing all around town.

Guest Republican

i know the town street department did a fine job this winter with the snow removal but the streets are terrible now with a pot hole about every ten feet. No repairs being done either !! i see the guys riding around all day in their indivdual trucks, going to dunkin donuts , the hot dog trucks, quick check. Maybe they are waiting on the next ticker tape parade to happen........ sorry thats just garbage blowing all around town.

My guess is the towns broke after paying all those ridiculous salaries at the BOE. No money left for potholes.

Guest Guest

Any potholes on that dead end section of William Street and its pathway to the BOE administrative offices?

Yeah, right. Too many jobs at stake if there were.

Guest CHANGELING

My guess is the towns broke after paying all those ridiculous salaries at the BOE. No money left for potholes.

DID YOU EVER STOP TO WONDER,HOW IS IT THAT EVERYONE AT HARRISON REALTY, WORKS FOR THE BOARD OF ED ? ALSO.........WHO'S GETTING THE RIDICULOUS SALARY, FOR THE PHONY RENEWABLE ENERGY JOB ? COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP ! YOUR TAXES ARE GOING UP, AND UP, TO FUND ALL THESE PHONY , BULLSHIT JOBS ! SPEAKING OF JOBS.... DID ANYONE EVER SEE A JOB POSTING FOR THE TOWN IN ANY LOCAL PAPER,? WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT WERE LAYED OFF ? SHOULD' NT THEY GET FIRST DIBS ON ANY JOB OPENINGS ? JOBS ARE HANDED TO PEOPLE WHO ARE CONNECTED , WITH NO REGARD TO PEOPLE WHO WERE LAID OFF ! ALL I CAN SAY IS WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND . THREE ARE GONE. WHO'S NEXT ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Dogretired

Does the street dept. really exist? Why aren't they repairing the pot holes? Soon the town will see lawsuits from the failure to maintain streets, due to front-end damage and more.

Guest Guest

Does the street dept. really exist? Why aren't they repairing the pot holes? Soon the town will see lawsuits from the failure to maintain streets, due to front-end damage and more.

Probably because your Town Government is so completely corrupt and inept they cant buy a paper clip without a "Mother May I" permission slip from the state comptroller.....

Guest Guest

yes the street dept does exist, they just hired a guy from east newark dpw, what they need another employee

Guest Guest

The town can't fix potholes on Harrison Ave, but a certain council member gets his street paved with new curbs. This town is corrupt.

The town is corrupt ?? Well DUH !!

Guest Guest

The town is corrupt ?? Well DUH !!

The town is corrupt??? Where is the proof for such a claim?

Where are the indictments? Where are the arrests? Where are the convictions? Where are the prison terms?

Been hearing about all this sh*t about Harrison being "corrupt" since the days of Rodgers!!! But not a single arrest except for some street department employee who was pocketing change from the parking meters to feed his gambling addiction.

There is a difference between corruption and politics. Yes, Harrison is awashed with politics! But corruption? No! The facts just don't support that contention.

Guest Harrison Watchdog

Where are the indictments? Where are the arrests? Where are the convictions? Where are the prison terms?

Been hearing about all this sh*t about Harrison being "corrupt" since the days of Rodgers!!! But not a single arrest except for some street department employee who was pocketing change from the parking meters to feed his gambling addiction.

There is a difference between corruption and politics. Yes, Harrison is awashed with politics! But corruption? No! The facts just don't support that contention.

It all comes down to your definition of "corruption". I'll give you one example: Job openings that aren't advertised. Open positions are GIVEN to friends and relatives. Some people may call that corruption.

Guest guest

When Christie was the US Attorney he ignored corruption because he knew that when he ran for governor and president(if he does) endorsements from elected Democrats could help him. There was a published report which CC hasn't denied that as US Attorney he had lunch with George Norcross at time that the US Attorneys office was looking into his dealings.Why did he have lunch with him?The answer is that Norcross is one of the most important political bosses in the state.Even a conservative columnist agrees that CC has ignored corruption for endorsements.Read Paul Mulshine's 9/22/11 Star Ledger column about CC and the corrupt Elizabeth BOE.Let's Don't forget Mcd was the 1st elected Democrat to endorse CC in '13. In NJ when a political boss feels the heat from the AG they often use their power to get the AG to back off.

Guest Christie Fan

When Christie was the US Attorney he ignored corruption because he knew that when he ran for governor and president(if he does) endorsements from elected Democrats could help him. There was a published report which CC hasn't denied that as US Attorney he had lunch with George Norcross at time that the US Attorneys office was looking into his dealings.Why did he have lunch with him?The answer is that Norcross is one of the most important political bosses in the state.Even a conservative columnist agrees that CC has ignored corruption for endorsements.Read Paul Mulshine's 9/22/11 Star Ledger column about CC and the corrupt Elizabeth BOE.Let's Don't forget Mcd was the 1st elected Democrat to endorse CC in '13. In NJ when a political boss feels the heat from the AG they often use their power to get the AG to back off.

So two political people having lunch together is your smoking gun ? You'll have to do better than that.

Guest Cross Street

News Flash. Doran and Gang are using their political position to further the advancement of their friends and family. This is corruption especially when the jobs aren't posted or his friends and family are not qualified.

Salaries are off the scale. DPW is lost somewhere. Ex-****** son-in-law is failing miserably. I think this all is corruption and we should have cleaned house when we had the opportunity.

Some of us still care on the direction of where our home Town is going. And right now it is going down, down, down.

Edited by KOTW
Content.