School Board takes new Steps

God Save Us From Christians

There is hope after all for Kearny, NJ!

In the Observer online today, School Board president Bernadette McDonald released comments about the Kearny Schools committment to separation of church and State.

Her statement outlines new steps the school district will take to ensure that no other teacher can cross that line:

First, every teacher in the Kearny school district will be required to take part in in-service training on Constitutional parameters.

A professional, qualified to teach such a “course,” will be brought in by the district to train teachers and staff.

Next, the district will adopt a formal policy “expressing its strong commitment to the principle that personal religious beliefs of our institutional staff have no place in our classrooms.”

Congratulations to Ms. McDonald and the Kearny School Board for bring Kearny back into the real world.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

In the Observer online today, School Board president Bernadette McDonald released comments about the Kearny Schools committment to separation of church and State.

Her statement outlines new steps the school district will take to ensure that no other teacher can cross that line:

Congratulations to Ms. McDonald and the Kearny School Board for bring Kearny back into the real world.

Yes, Congrqtulations indeed!

Thank goodness. Nice to see that the system still works, albeit slowly.

Don't forget to say what was also mentioned during the meeting...That the kearny public schools will soon not allow students to record classes. It will be against the school policy. Mrs. McDonald also mentioned this small detail during the meeting and said that they are still working on it. She mentioned this in the meeting that Matthew got no support from the residents! She did that to prevent people like the LaClairs to get away with recording a teacher and their classmates every time they feel like. Thank GOD that they will do such a thing! This policy will not only protect the teachers but also the students in the classroom. In case you guys don't know, the parents were not happy knowing that their children's comments were recorded for everyine to listen to. It will be great if they all get together against the LaClairs on this issue!

ps: If you were in the meeting, you would know that they didn't make a big deal out of this policy that you mentioned above and that everytime someone was saying good things about the teacher, they would agree. You could see sincerity in their eyes.

What do you suggest?

(Awww...does the guest think I'm Satan?)

If it was up to me, I'd want him fired. I mean...not only for the stuff he did (as if that wasn't more than bad enough), but on top of that, the demonstration that he is an incredibly inept history teacher...no one who teaches AP history should be getting all of these basic things wrong about the Constitution. He's let his faith cloud his sense of reality--no one, who thinks that separation of church and state is not a concept outlined in the Constitution and by the founding fathers, is competent enough to teach AP history.

But, in light of the school board's decision, I would settle for forcing him to admit the error of his actions, and to 'retract' the lies he spread to his class that undermined the entire science curriculum at the school. Publicly, in front of his students, if not the whole school (hell, put it on the PA system during morning announcements (if KHS still has the same routine I remember)).

Don't forget to say what was also mentioned during the meeting...That the kearny public schools will soon not allow students to record classes. It will be against the school policy.

There is no possible way they could get away with establishing such a policy. Not in a public school.

Mrs. McDonald also mentioned this small detail during the meeting and said that they are still working on it. She mentioned this in the meeting that Matthew got no support from the residents! She did that to prevent people like the LaClairs to get away with recording a teacher and their classmates every time they feel like.

Nothing said during classtime in a public school is a private conversation--forbidding recording of class content is a ridiculous notion. I wonder who had such a dumb idea.

Thank GOD that they will do such a thing!

Not surprised you're in favor of an anti-freedom policy.

This policy will not only protect the teachers but also the students in the classroom.

From what? Getting caught when they do something they're not supposed to?

In case you guys don't know, the parents were not happy knowing that their children's comments were recorded for everyine to listen to.

Uh, too bad? What one says in a public area is fair game. Why would their parents have a problem with that? Are they ashamed for their kids?

It will be great if they all get together against the LaClairs on this issue!

It'd be a spectacle that would make them all look like idiots in the end, that's for sure.

ps: If you were in the meeting, you would know that they didn't make a big deal out of this policy that you mentioned above and that everytime someone was saying good things about the teacher, they would agree. You could see sincerity in their eyes.

One can be perfectly sincere and still wrong. Paszkiewicz proved that all too well.

There is no possible way they could get away with establishing such a policy. Not in a public school.

Nothing said during classtime in a public school is a private conversation--forbidding recording of class content is a ridiculous notion. I wonder who had such a dumb idea.

Uh, too bad? What one says in a public area is fair game. Why would their parents have a problem with that? Are they ashamed for their kids?

It'd be a spectacle that would make them all look like idiots in the end, that's for sure.

One can be perfectly sincere and still wrong. Paszkiewicz proved that all too well.

Keep crying baby... :o

Guest Parent of a KHS student

Oh yes they can and they will.

It's perfectly understandable for college students to record classroom lectures, who are all adults by the way.

Dumb idea to initiate a recording policy?!I think you are forgetting that high school students are minors and parents are asked to sign waivers at the beginning of school for permission for your child's picture and/or name to be published in local newspapers for achievements in school, they certainly didn't give permission for them to be secretly recorded and then aired nation wide to be made a spectacle of. I know I didn't give such permission! Trust me, when you grow up you'll understand.

It's time you got over Paszkiewicz, his actons have been corrected and his contract states you'll never know what his punishment was , and you'll never force a sincere apology from anyone.

There are three types of people here, LaClair supporters, Paszkiewicz supporters and Kearny Board of Ed supporters.

I support the Kearny Board of Ed ,100% !

Don't forget to say what was also mentioned during the meeting...That the kearny public schools will soon not allow students to record classes. It will be against the school policy. Mrs. McDonald also mentioned this small detail during the meeting and said that they are still working on it. She mentioned this in the meeting that Matthew got no support from the residents! She did that to prevent people like the LaClairs to get away with recording a teacher and their classmates every time they feel like. Thank GOD that they will do such a thing! This policy will not only protect the teachers but also the students in the classroom. In case you guys don't know, the parents were not happy knowing that their children's comments were recorded for everyine to listen to. It will be great if they all get together against the LaClairs on this issue!

If they did implemented such a policy that prohibited a students right to record a teacher in class, it would place them in direct violation of the ADA.

Students with learning disabilities, often need to be able to make recording of their classes, when they can not take notes, while trying to keep up with the teacher's lecture.

In fact the school must make available a tape recorder, if it is decided that a student needs one in their IEP.

They may want to ask the Board of Ed. in Baltimore MD what it is like to have a court overseeing every thing that has to be done for them to meet Federal mandated laws. I spent most of the ARD meeting for my daughters signing papers, just to prove that the school staff fulfilled the court orders.

Don't forget to say what was also mentioned during the meeting...That the kearny public schools will soon not allow students to record classes. It will be against the school policy. Mrs. McDonald also mentioned this small detail during the meeting and said that they are still working on it.

Hmmmm. What are they so afraid of that's going on in a public classroom that they would fear being recorded? What are they trying to cover up?

(Awww...does the guest think I'm Satan?)

If it was up to me, I'd want him fired. I mean...not only for the stuff he did (as if that wasn't more than bad enough), but on top of that, the demonstration that he is an incredibly inept history teacher...no one who teaches AP history should be getting all of these basic things wrong about the Constitution. He's let his faith cloud his sense of reality--no one, who thinks that separation of church and state is not a concept outlined in the Constitution and by the founding fathers, is competent enough to teach AP history.

But, in light of the school board's decision, I would settle for forcing him to admit the error of his actions, and to 'retract' the lies he spread to his class that undermined the entire science curriculum at the school. Publicly, in front of his students, if not the whole school (hell, put it on the PA system during morning announcements (if KHS still has the same routine I remember)).

I fully agree. There has to be some kind of public admission of wrongdoing at the very least. Especially in light of the fact that he still believes he was fully within the letter of the law to preach in the classroom. Then if he refused to do that, can him.

Guest Parent of a KHS student
If they did implemented such a policy that prohibited a students right to record a teacher in class, it would place them in direct violation of the ADA. 

Students with learning disabilities, often need to be able to make recording of their classes, when they can not take notes, while trying to keep up with the teacher's lecture.   

In fact the school must make available a tape recorder, if it is decided that a student needs one in their IEP.

They may want to ask the Board of Ed. in Baltimore MD what it is like to have a court overseeing every thing that has to be done for them to meet Federal mandated laws.  I spent most of the ARD meeting for my daughters signing papers, just to prove that the school staff fulfilled the court orders.

It's one thing to record classes for lectures and a completely different thing to record student minors and broadcasted them world wide without the concent of the parents.

Hmmmm. What are they so afraid of that's going on in a public classroom that they would fear being recorded? What are they trying to cover up?

They are not afraid of anything. The parents did not sign any permission slip allowing thier minor children to be broadcast worldwide. A cover up? No, just protecting our minor children from getting caught in the cross fire.

It's one thing to record classes for lectures and a completely different thing to record student minors and broadcasted them world wide without the concent of the parents.

Anything said in public space is fair game and can be recorded legally (feel free to cite the law it would break if you disagree). It doesn't matter the age of the speaker--you're speaking of recording someone's voice in a public space as if it was rape, for crying out loud.

They are not afraid of anything. The parents did not sign any permission slip allowing thier minor children to be broadcast worldwide.

So, which law does recording public conversations break? Cite or admit you're full of it.

A cover up? No, just protecting our minor children from getting caught in the cross fire.

Yes, because it was your kid who received a death threat.

"Cross fire"...come on. No students other than Matthew were even identified in Matthew's recordings!

Interesting how no one in favor of this policy seems to be at all concerned about the fact that such a policy would prevent people like Paszkiewicz from ever getting caught again. Interesting indeed...