Are there any plans for a multiplex in the new Harrison?

Guest downwithfedres

Guest downwithfedres

If the boys are successful in luring Manhattanites away to live in those new apartments,those people may not want to return every weekend if they had someplace nearby to see a flick.Of course,Netflix and "teens" have posed serious threats to the industry as a whole,but I know I'd like to see a return to a movie house within walking distance.

This is a great idea! I'd like to see a plan put in place to attract some good businesses to Harrison. I was looking at the variety of clothing/gift stores, phone card, cheap furniture and nail salons available on Harrison Ave. & Frank Rogers Blvd. and I can't imagine why anyone would bother to shop in them. Look at Clifton and Nutley, for example. They have been able to attract a nice variety of stores/services/restaurants that actually bring in people who spend money in their communities.

Guest taxpayer

If the boys are successful in luring Manhattanites away to live in those new apartments,those people may not want to return every weekend if they had someplace nearby to see a flick.Of course,Netflix and "teens" have posed serious threats to the industry as a whole,but I know I'd like to see a return to a movie house within walking distance.

Another rumor started by the politicians without substance , example redevelopment is going to lower taxes .Nothing is going to change for the positive here . Simply these people are into it to make new jobs and connectios for themselves . If you believe there doing this to improve the community and the bottom line the tax situation: your living in a fantasy world . Wait for the next tax increase !

Fagetaboudit. The days of walking to a movie theatre in Harrison are long gone.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Your telling me your going to be able to walk to the movies . You better hire more police officers !

I guess walking would be a great choice because currently the traffic on the other development side of Harrison is getting out of hand. Like really?