the real reason why people are upset

Guest Guest

"After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was."

Oh, come on. Matthew 2 is written as history. Stars don't guide people to particular locations, and come to a stop when you get there. If they did, we wouldn't need GPS.

You really, truly, do know that it's a myth. You just don't want to admit it.

• 3 weeks later...

Perfectly titled topic. Spot on. They don't want to admit the truth. If you put it in front of them, they get angry. If you keep it there, they start calling names.

Answering your own posts since no one else will ? LOL

Once again...why do you CARE?? what does it gain you?? If any Christian, Muslim, or any other religion was on this forum Proselytizing (and yeah, thats what you are doing...although you wont admit it) You guys would be SCREAMING.

Once again...why do you CARE?? what does it gain you?? If any Christian, Muslim, or any other religion was on this forum Proselytizing (and yeah, thats what you are doing...although you wont admit it) You guys would be SCREAMING.

This has been answered repeatedly. Religions shape cultures. Cultures that are "informed" by religions based on fantasies and bad morals cause problems. Not for nothing, both slavery and genocide (against Native Americans) were justified on biblical grounds. When generation after generation of children are trained to believe that substituting fantasy for reality is a healthy and "blessed" thing to do, that culture is begging for trouble. The Christian religion in particular, is often forced down everyone else's throats, probably more here in Kearny than in most neighboring communities. If you're saying "once again," then you've already read the answers to your question. So stop pretending that your question hasn't been answered, repeatedly.

God Bless You! I will pray for your lost soul!

My soul is not lost but you are free to pray for it if you like.

Unfortunately, I cannot think for you. You will have to do that for yourself. Only you don't want to.

God Bless You! I will pray for your lost soul!

That atheist moron will go to his deathbed blathering his ridiculous nonsense, at which time when he knows he's dying will suddenly pray to God and ask for forgiveness.

No, I would be having a discussion. This is an open forum, where people are free to express their views. I welcome criticism of my ideas.

"After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was."

Oh, come on. Matthew 2 is written as history. Stars don't guide people to particular locations, and come to a stop when you get there. If they did, we wouldn't need GPS.

You really, truly, do know that it's a myth. You just don't want to admit it.

I see quite a few stupid remarks about this. What we don't see are any answers.

No, I would be having a discussion. This is an open forum, where people are free to express their views. I welcome criticism of my ideas.

But you are DEMANDING a discussion..or there wouldnt be repeated and constant repetitions. But it's also obvious that even as you scream about Christian Hypocrisy you refuse to see your own. Personally I prefer the Asatru way of dealing with conflicts like this.

But you are DEMANDING a discussion..or there wouldnt be repeated and constant repetitions. But it's also obvious that even as you scream about Christian Hypocrisy you refuse to see your own. Personally I prefer the Asatru way of dealing with conflicts like this.

I'm not demanding a discussion but I am being persistent in pointing out that people who claim to believe in something aren't willing to defend it, or even try. I don't have the power to demand anything here. The fact that you see it as a demand tells you something about yourself, not about me. However, if you can tell what is hypocritical about being persistent, as I've done it here, I'll consider what you have to say; if it's sound, I'll thank you for it.

On one topic, there are nearly 200 posts, and not one word to say how the Christian narrative makes any sense at all. On this topic, we're up to #13, and there isn't a single word to defend the story in Matthew 2. I have to wonder when our culture is going to wake up to the fact that all these religious narratives are just stories, nothing more. That's all they ever were, or ever will be. That's why there are so many of them, and why they are so different, and irreconcilable with each other. If you think about it without the baggage of a culture that tells you how marvelous they are, the point is obvious. And It's a game-changer of a point.

So what does your reaction say about you? Perhaps it suggests that you are uncomfortable with these issues being pressed. That doesn't make you right. Or perhaps you are a Christian, and not a follower of Asatru, and will do anything to avoid the issue. Either way, you still haven't said anything germane to the topic.

My view is that these issues are important; if they're going to be a part of our culture, as they are, we should be free to criticize them and hold those who believe a certain way to be responsible for the consequences of their beliefs.

Pushing and pushing and pushing for someone to defend the religion 86% of Kearny residents claim to believe in (only they don't) is not hypocrisy. It may be annoying, especially if you don't want to face the truth, but it's not hypocrisy. On the contrary, it's thoroughly consistent.

Claiming to believe in a religious narrative, and pushing it on others, then refusing to talk about it when its flaws are pointed out - that is hypocrisy. And of course, you won't face that either.

• 11 months later...

Pushing and pushing and pushing for someone to defend the religion 86% of Kearny residents claim to believe in (only they don't) is not hypocrisy. It may be annoying, especially if you don't want to face the truth, but it's not hypocrisy. On the contrary, it's thoroughly consistent.

Claiming to believe in a religious narrative, and pushing it on others, then refusing to talk about it when its flaws are pointed out - that is hypocrisy. And of course, you won't face that either.

It's true. The whiners just won't admit it. They had no answer to this. Or anything else. And they still don't. But every year, like clockwork, they bring it up and whine all over again.

Celebrate your Christmas. No problem. But stop whining, and above all, stop trying to force it on everyone else.