"SPECIALS"

Guest EZ RIDER

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard around town the Short Yellow Bus has picked up the "Special Specials" their whole life. Get a "Life and a real job you LOSERS! Move out of the Gardens and quit listening to the Police scanner. Your nothing more than a glorified crossing guard without benefits, HA HA!

That's just wrong! Shame on you!

The specials will not carry guns. They will be trained at a certified Police Academy for the work tht they do. This was anticipated when the redevelopment started almost 10 years ago. The specials will do traffic at games at the new Red Bulls Stadium and be assigned to HS football games etc. They will not take the work that regular officers do. This is prohibited by State law.

Harrison has placed a lot of civilians in positions in the PD that do not require regular PO's. This is good management. Now, the Administration should look into consolidation of the Fire Dept. with Kearny and EN. This will come despite the hue and cry from the FMBA.

NJ's Governor will mandate consolidation of Pd's and Fire Dept's

because the Towns can no longer afford to do it themselves. Employees will have to contribute to their health plans etc. That's the only way property taxes can be cut.

Amen!

From what I've heard around town the Short Yellow Bus has picked up the "Special Specials" their whole life. Get a "Life and a real job you LOSERS! Move out of the Gardens and quit listening to the Police scanner. Your nothing more than a glorified crossing guard without benefits, HA HA!

Now,Now...... Hear this I am a Crossing Guard, I live in the Courts, I don't have a Police Scanner and why would I need benefits..... I am living off the System and I get benefits from the System. So I am that GLORIFIED Crossing Guard with A job and No Benefits from the town....... Ha Ha!! (Back At Cha) ;)<_<:lol:

Hey check this out I heard some of the new wanna be cops HAVE POLICE RECORDS AND THAT AT LEAST 1 OF THEM MAY OR MAY NOT STILL HAVE WARRANTS OUT FOR HIS ARREST.... nice one,real nice

Would one of the officers please give us an answer on that? Can a person with a 'police record' be hired as a 'special' or wouldn't that 'disqulify' him?

Would one of the officers please give us an answer on that?  Can a person with a 'police record' be hired as a 'special'  or wouldn't that 'disqulify' him?

They most likely would be disqualified anywhere else, but not in Harrison. It's not what you know - but who you know. Just like the old saying goes.

There are SHADY specials. .. ***** and dishonorabled canindates. Really- specials could work. but not if they are goin to be who you are going to hire. Hire adults. 30 and up. Not twenty year old's who will be hanging out with their friends. THey are there for the money. ruining a good thing.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

before you talk about other people, why don't you check out your own family.    he is not a drugie, maybe you are that is why you are mad, you can't get a job.

You must be his mother to stick up for him like this, I have a job and so does all of my family and not for this town either. I'm far from mad, Just can't see why they would want him. He should be doing Community Service for the Gardens without pay. As for me and my family being Druggies, (I Think Not). If we lived in the Gardens than MAYBE, But we don't so we're not . So Stick that in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!!!

Get a life whats the matter afraid someone from the gardens can do your job better then you. Because you know that the only "crime" calls as you call it comes from the gardens when some woman/man gets drunk on her oxygen tank & goes crazy. Good job boys Ha Ha Ha

You must be his mother to stick up for him like this, I have a job and so does all of my family and not for this town either. I'm far from mad, Just can't see why they would want him. He should be doing Community Service for the Gardens without pay. As for me and my family being Druggies, (I Think Not). If we lived in the Gardens than MAYBE, But we don't so we're not . So Stick that in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!!!

Unbelievable! Do you know any of these people personally? Can you honestly say that they are not qualified, or "druggies"? If so, then why not get off of your computer and go to the police station to inform them of who they are hiring. But my guess is that you're just speculating. Until you have your facts straight, just worry about yourself.

why should he be doing comm. service. You have no idea what he does for a living. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. And as far as you not living in the gardens who are you BShitting. For you to want to know what this kid does it's none of your ****** business.

Dear Fellow Harrison Residents,

As some of you are aware (probably 10 of you) we will soon have a bunch of cop wannabees protecting us instead of real police officer. Although the Mayor will tell you he's not replacing (POLICE TRAINING COMMISSION) certifed with full law enforcement powers, the police dept. is down to 48 certified officers down from 64 12 years ago.

Whereas the crime rate (mainly the violent crime rate) has risen drastically in the past five years, as well as our taxes, why in the world would we put a bunch of police groupies with only ticket writing power out on our streets. THIS WILL NOT STEM THE TIDE OF VIOLENT CRIME IN HARRISON, IT WON'T FREE UP EXISTING OFFICERS BECAUSE BY LAW THESE POLICE GROUPIES CAN'T DO ANY EXISTING POLICE FUNCTIONS.

So basically they are a bunch of politcal hires...

God help the Mayor and Council if one of these groupies should come across a real criminal and get killed or even severley injured, because that will again come out of our pockets ie. raising the taxes.

For those residents who wish to serve as a certified police officer, go to your councilperson and Mayor and tell them to certify a DOP List and start hiring Harrison Residents...

First of all get your facts straight. The specials do have police powers to an extent further then just writing tickets. There was a police academy for this job. So there is proper training for us to do our job.

they are alot of kids who grew up in the gardens and made something out of themselfs,so before you go knocking people,at least these guys are willing to go to school and become someone other then a bum. Right away because they are from the gardens they are no good. At least give them a shot.

First of all get your facts straight. The specials do have police powers to an extent further then just writing tickets. There was a police academy for this job. So there is proper training for us to do our job.

Pass a reading and writing test and then maybe some of you can be taken seriously. Sorry only kidding, BEAT IT ALL OF YOU.

Did all of the applicants have to take a drug test? Just curious.

it's NOT an Academy..let's get that straight right NOW..it's a more of an advanced crossing guard school...get a real full time job you LOSERS