Harrison Sports

Guest Old Timer

Guest Old Timer

I am a little displeased in the way our Sports Sytems have performed in recent years, not in record but in the way they play. We should go back to hiring coaches like the kids had years ago. I know you alot of people do not like these individuals but they taught those kids things these athletes wish they had. Toughness, Discipline, Respect and hard working. The major problem is every parent thinks there child is the best, the sports are there to teach these children lessons and team work in the real world. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this Major problem?

I am a little displeased in the way our Sports Sytems have performed in recent years, not in record but in the way they play. We should go back to hiring coaches like the kids had years ago. I know you alot of people do not like these individuals but they taught those kids things these athletes wish they had. Toughness, Discipline, Respect and hard working. The major problem is every parent thinks there child is the best, the sports are there to teach these children lessons and team work in the real world. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this Major problem?
I could't agree with you more. I believe that if we had coaches that taught these kids discipline, toughness, respect and hard working we would have a better future. Not that many of these kids would grow up to be proffesionals, but it keeps them out of trouble and gives them something to look forward to. It's very unfortunate that now a days our society has become ok with divorce. Many of our kids now a days are growing up in broken families and no matter how hard one parent tries, it affects our kids. The only suggestion I could make would be that we need to work on our education system. We need less kids in a classroom and more teachers. More teachers where one or two would be interested in coaching. Maybe our teachers should be getting paid more money, especially for extra activities. O.J. Disalvo needs to retire, and the Mayor needs to resign. I wish Millan's candidate won against O.J., but we can't change the past. We can only hope that Millan runs again with a team to correct these problems..

Archived