McCormick Ticket

Guest *Harrisonian*

Guest *Harrisonian*

The McCormicks have put together a ticket to run against Mayor McDonough. They managed to get candidates in each of the four wards. Maria McCormick for Mayor. Steve for 2nd Ward. & three unknowns for the 1st, 3rd and 4th Wards.

Let us see if their Petitions hold up to a challenge from the Harrison Regular Democratic Party.

Guest Guest
The McCormicks have put together a ticket to run against Mayor McDonough. They managed to get candidates in each of the four wards. Maria McCormick for Mayor. Steve for 2nd Ward. & three unknowns for the 1st, 3rd and 4th Wards.

Let us see if their Petitions hold up to a challenge from the Harrison Regular Democratic Party.

So it'll be Dan Kelly and Maria McCormick dividing the vote against McDonough???

Who put together that comedic duo??? ;)

Guest Righty

By Rose Duger/For The Jersey Journal

HARRISON -- Mayor Raymond J. McDonough will face opposition on two fronts this fall in his bid for a fifth term.

McDonough, a veteran who ran unopposed in today's Democratic primary, will be challenged in November by Dan Kelly, a former Harrison councilman who also ran unopposed on the Republican ballot, and Second Ward Councilwoman Maria McCormick, who filed this week to run for mayor as an independent.

"I am going to continue to work everyday like I do for the citizens of Harrison, nothing is going to change. Everyday I work hard for the people," McDonough said today about the run-up to the November general election.

Also running unopposed in today's Democratic primaries were Anselmo Millan, a former councilman, in the Second Ward, and incumbents Jesus Huaranga in the First Ward, Lawrence M. Bennett in the Third Ward and James P. Doran in the Fourth Ward.

Kelly accused McDonough of keeping friends and relatives on the town payroll earning more than $100,000 a year while laying off other employees due to budget cuts.

"A lot of people came to me and said, 'Dan, we need you,' so I decided to come out of retirement," Kelly said. "It's very sad what's going on in this town."

McDonough shot back saying, "Kelly doesn't know what he's talking about."

"In the past five years I have had a hiring freeze here," McDonough said. "Everything I do here I have to get approvals from the state. I just let go 70 people. Mr. Kelly should think before he speaks."

While no Republicans filed to run for council, the "Independents for Change" slate is fielding a ticket in November that includes McCormick's husband Steven, the town's other Second Ward council representative, and political newcomers Michael Gavini in the First Ward, Dominick Rodrigues in the Third Ward and Joanne O'Brien in the Fourth Ward.

"There's no transparency in this town, no accountability," Steven McCormick said. "Look at the parking and traffic problems caused by the Red Bull (Arena)...All this was talked about before (the stadium was built), but nobody would listen."

Journal staff writer Ken Thorbourne contributed to this story.

big mac by 3 1/2 -1. early line.

Guest Guest
So it'll be Dan Kelly and Maria McCormick dividing the vote against McDonough???

Who put together that comedic duo??? :)

Just wondering here. If by any wild chance should Kelly get elected Mayor, will the Police Department be able to spare a man to drive him around town like they did back during his tenure as councilman? Pretty funny, man...pretty funny!!! :lol:

Guest Guest

HARRISON -- Mayor Raymond J. McDonough will face opposition on two fronts this fall in his bid for a fifth term.

McDonough, a veteran who ran unopposed in today's Democratic primary, will be challenged in November by Dan Kelly, a former Harrison councilman who also ran unopposed on the Republican ballot, and Second Ward Councilwoman Maria McCormick, who filed this week to run for mayor as an independent.

"I am going to continue to work everyday like I do for the citizens of Harrison, nothing is going to change. Everyday I work hard for the people," McDonough said today about the run-up to the November general election.

Also running unopposed in today's Democratic primaries were Anselmo Millan, a former councilman, in the Second Ward, and incumbents Jesus Huaranga in the First Ward, Lawrence M. Bennett in the Third Ward and James P. Doran in the Fourth Ward.

Kelly accused McDonough of keeping friends and relatives on the town payroll earning more than $100,000 a year while laying off other employees due to budget cuts.

"A lot of people came to me and said, 'Dan, we need you,' so I decided to come out of retirement," Kelly said. "It's very sad what's going on in this town."

"In the past five years I have had a hiring freeze here," McDonough said. "Everything I do here I have to get approvals from the state. I just let go 70 people. Mr. Kelly should think before he speaks."

While no Republicans filed to run for council, the "Independents for Change" slate is fielding a ticket in November that includes McCormick's husband Steven, the town's other Second Ward council representative, and political newcomers Michael Gavini in the First Ward, Dominick Rodrigues in the Third Ward and Joanne O'Brien in the Fourth Ward.

"There's no transparency in this town, no accountability," Steven McCormick said. "Look at the parking and traffic problems caused by the Red Bull (Arena)...All this was talked about before (the stadium was built), but nobody would listen."

If Stevie Boy Mc Comic gets elected wonder how long until Harrison is bankrupted and in the hole 3 million dollars, (like his personal finances).

Guest Guest

Not for nothing but what parking problems is Mccormick speaking of? Everything seem ok to me. First days were tough but that always the case no matter how much you plan.

Guest Guest
If Stevie Boy Mc Comic gets elected wonder how long until Harrison is bankrupted and in the hole 3 million dollars, (like his personal finances).

If he doesn't get elected I wonder how long it will take. We have already seen massive layoffs, with more to come. We have seen our fire department decimated, water bills rise, a large foreclosure rate in Harrison and many empty stores in our business district. Yet we can pay Dolaghan the janitor over $100,000, the school superintendent over $200,000 and many of the others over $100,000. If you want to talk about finances, the McDonough administration is a poor example.

Guest Guest

Who put together that comedic duo??? :)

It will be more like Maria McCormick against McDonough! Do you really think Dan Kelly will get any votes with his reputation? But than I think anyone would be better than McDonough and Larry Bennett and that Latino man. I say vote all the new in and get rid of the old except keep Steve in and vote Maria as Mayor. Than maybe Harrison will have a chance. The time for a change is NOW!

Guest Guest

I would like to know what hiring freeze is he talking about? I personally know a few people that were hired on the town in the last 2 years! LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! ARE YOU GOING TO VOTE FOR A LIAR? Time for a change!

Guest Guest
Not for nothing but what parking problems is Mccormick speaking of? Everything seem ok to me. First days were tough but that always the case no matter how much you plan.

Honey, if you don't know of the parking and traffic problems you must be a hermit and have a driveway with a garage! Either that or you don not live in Harrison.

Guest Guest
If he doesn't get elected I wonder how long it will take. We have already seen massive layoffs, with more to come. We have seen our fire department decimated, water bills rise, a large foreclosure rate in Harrison and many empty stores in our business district. Yet we can pay Dolaghan the janitor over $100,000, the school superintendent over $200,000 and many of the others over $100,000. If you want to talk about finances, the McDonough administration is a poor example.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY CORRECT! I VOTE FOR YOU FOR MAYOR!

Guest *komotion*

mr mayor , how many of those people you let go ,were the wrong ones ? how do you explain keeping jack ******?

Guest Guest

Yeah, and the McComics are real "WINNERS". Be careful what you wish for, sometimes the people in office are DEFINITELY THE LESSOR OF TWO EVILS!!

Guest guest
It will be more like Maria McCormick against McDonough! Do you really think Dan Kelly will get any votes with his reputation? But than I think anyone would be better than McDonough and Larry Bennett and that Latino man. I say vote all the new in and get rid of the old except keep Steve in and vote Maria as Mayor. Than maybe Harrison will have a chance. The time for a change is NOW!

vote maria in???? she is a joke!!!! biggest partier around yet has the balls to criticize and judge others. someone ought to take a good look into her past and see who the real maria is :blink:

Guest Guest
vote maria in???? she is a joke!!!! biggest partier around yet has the balls to criticize and judge others. someone ought to take a good look into her past and see who the real maria is :blink:

If you want to look into the past the best way is to look at a person's record, it's easy when your looking at a politician. Ray has been mayor for sixteen years. During that time he has convinced the residents that when we build a hotel, the taxes will go down. How much has the average Harrisonian gained from having the hotel? The same with the stadium, the new condos, and a new two family house stuck on every lot in town.

What have we gained? Most of the towns old time residents have left, taxes have gone up every one of the sixteen years, our business district is in shambles. Water bills are becoming as burdensome as taxes. We have experienced a decrease in services, and many employees have been laid off with more to come. The town is teetering on bankruptcy. Is Harrison a better place to live and raise a family than it was sixteen years ago?

What have we gained, or should we say who has gained? The "bag man has gained," he is still ahead of a grand jury for having two no show jobs. The councilmen have gained, one landed a two hundred thousand-dollar job as superintendent of the schools, another got a $100,000 as a janitor. Others have gotten questionable jobs with public agencies such as Passaic Valley. Dozens of friends and relatives of the mayor have gained, by getting jobs as a supervisor of DPW and secretary jobs paying more than $100,000 a year and even legal jobs such a council to the redevelopment board.

You want to look at Maria's past? Let's make up some rumors and innuendo about her, maybe someone will believe it.

Guest Guest

thats no different then those that are in office now. They all have a past. All of them in office now are a joke.

Guest Guest

Firs of all, what people do on thier own time is none of your business. Second of all, its been my experience that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones! In other words look at your own skeletons in your own closet. People who spread trash around about others are usually the ones with the biggest skeletons in thier closet but lie and pretend to be holier than thou. Well you are not! No one is perfect especially not you!

Guest Guest

mr mayor , how many of those people you let go ,were the wrong ones ? how do you explain keeping jack ******?

MeDonough is nothing but a lieing plumber. He has no education nor expierence to run this town or any town and anyone that can't see that is blind. Just look at this town. It is going down the tubes in every direction. Physically it has turned into a getto town. Besides that it is on the verge of bankrupsy. Now why, give me just one good reason, why we should vote this plumber back into office? Aslo the people that are still employed on the town ae all the ones making the fat salaries. If they are keeping thier jobs they should have a $20% deduction in salary if they want to keep thier jobs. If they don't like it, quit, thier is always someone ready to fill your shoes. I am sure everyone agrees in this town that a good percentage of the remaining employees make too much money. They cut out the little people and kept all the expensive ones. How is that fair? And you want to re-elect this guy. If you vote him need for another 4 year term, Harrison for sure will be In big trouble. And he and Connie will just move to thier safe home in Point Pleasant and never look back. And yes, this is all true.

Guest Guest
MeDonough is nothing but a lieing plumber. He has no education nor expierence to run this town or any town and anyone that can't see that is blind. Just look at this town. It is going down the tubes in every direction. Physically it has turned into a getto town. Besides that it is on the verge of bankrupsy. Now why, give me just one good reason, why we should vote this plumber back into office? Aslo the people that are still employed on the town ae all the ones making the fat salaries. If they are keeping thier jobs they should have a $20% deduction in salary if they want to keep thier jobs. If they don't like it, quit, thier is always someone ready to fill your shoes. I am sure everyone agrees in this town that a good percentage of the remaining employees make too much money. They cut out the little people and kept all the expensive ones. How is that fair? And you want to re-elect this guy. If you vote him need for another 4 year term, Harrison for sure will be In big trouble. And he and Connie will just move to thier safe home in Point Pleasant and never look back. And yes, this is all true.

KOTW: I would rather see curse words or vulgarity be permitted on this board than the all-out assault on the English language inflicted by this poster!!!

Guest Guest
If you want to look into the past the best way is to look at a person's record, it's easy when your looking at a politician. Ray has been mayor for sixteen years. During that time he has convinced the residents that when we build a hotel, the taxes will go down. How much has the average Harrisonian gained from having the hotel? The same with the stadium, the new condos, and a new two family house stuck on every lot in town.

What have we gained? Most of the towns old time residents have left, taxes have gone up every one of the sixteen years, our business district is in shambles. Water bills are becoming as burdensome as taxes. We have experienced a decrease in services, and many employees have been laid off with more to come. The town is teetering on bankruptcy. Is Harrison a better place to live and raise a family than it was sixteen years ago?

What have we gained, or should we say who has gained? The "bag man has gained," he is still ahead of a grand jury for having two no show jobs. The councilmen have gained, one landed a two hundred thousand-dollar job as superintendent of the schools, another got a $100,000 as a janitor. Others have gotten questionable jobs with public agencies such as Passaic Valley. Dozens of friends and relatives of the mayor have gained, by getting jobs as a supervisor of DPW and secretary jobs paying more than $100,000 a year and even legal jobs such a council to the redevelopment board.

You want to look at Maria's past? Let's make up some rumors and innuendo about her, maybe someone will believe it.

Don't forget in a time of fiscal crises, he let the guy keep the quarters

Guest Guest

Maria is no better than anybody else but she walks around like her $hit don't stink!! I've heard things about her past but that doesn't matter because I still wouldn't give her my vote!! She needs to mind her own business and take a good look in the mirror before she goes around judging others!!!!!

Guest Guest
Maria is no better than anybody else but she walks around like her $hit don't stink!! I've heard things about her past but that doesn't matter because I still wouldn't give her my vote!! She needs to mind her own business and take a good look in the mirror before she goes around judging others!!!!!

If people did't spout off about their personel business nobody would know about your business.Once you put your own business out there its fair game.Keep your business to yourself then there be no problem. You are right Maria is no better than anyone else but then any one else is no better than Maria. In other words no one is better than anyone else. BTW she has my vote, just because she is running against our present mayor I will vote for anyone who goes against him. As someone posted

Guest Guest
If people did't spout off about their personel business nobody would know about your business.Once you put your own business out there its fair game.Keep your business to yourself then there be no problem. You are right Maria is no better than anyone else but then any one else is no better than Maria. In other words no one is better than anyone else. BTW she has my vote, just because she is running against our present mayor I will vote for anyone who goes against him. As someone posted

Ask Maria how many quarters she took from Adler and how many quarters she screwed her creditors out of by declaring bankruptcy. Hint, it's over a MILLION quarters.

Guest BlueTideBacker

Maria has my vote and the votes of my family, relatives and most of our friends and neighbors. If ANY

town needs a change in leadership, it's Harrison.

Ignore the Zombies and vote with your brain.