Layoffs

Guest Guest

Hey Harrison, it's time to trim the fat and there's an awful lot of it!

Especialy in the DPW. Too many people with nothing to do. Too many secretaries in the DPW office playing computer poker. GET RID OF THESE WASTEFUL, UNNECESSARY PEOPLE.

Hey Harrison, it's time to trim the fat and there's an awful lot of it!

I second that sugestion. I am tired of paying for all thoes big salaries. They should start in the town hall. 9 peole in violations! That's obserd! Also the building dept. Mr. Condari use to do it all and have only one assistant. Now there is 5 or 6 total. And how many on the street department. I put an old fridge out because I bought a new one and I called to have the old one picked up they told me there easn't a truck available. I had to wait 2 more weeks. I am sick of this sh*t.

Especialy in the DPW. Too many people with nothing to do. Too many secretaries in the DPW office playing computer poker. GET RID OF THESE WASTEFUL, UNNECESSARY PEOPLE.

No kidding, playing games at the DPW?

I'll bet they cut a mean deal down there.

How does a fella buy in to that action?

How about the library? There are at least 8 women working there, and if you ask them if there's a book available, they direct you to the computer so you can look it up yourself.

How about the library? There are at least 8 women working there, and if you ask them if there's a book available, they direct you to the computer so you can look it up yourself.

Don't pick on those ladies, they are quite nice and talented. I especially like that little woman from India.

What ever happened to the hiring freeze in Harrison? I guess it only affected test taking civil service workers. Over 120 non civil service hires since 2002, what a farce! I hope you guys and gals like Obama money...

That is not true. I am at the library often. I see those ladies go above and beyond. Get a clue.

That is not true. I am at the library often. I see those ladies go above and beyond. Get a clue.

you mean above and beyond the book cases? You have got to be kidding they certainly will do their job if there are any jobs but what is there to do at the library that 3 people cant' handle? 3 DPW men clean the library every single day. So tell me what do they have to do. J*** W***** aunt was transfered there because she could not handle the clerks office or the dispatch desk, not she is another staff member there, go figur. Too much spending on too many people in these offices.

you mean above and beyond the book cases? You have got to be kidding they certainly will do their job if there are any jobs but what is there to do at the library that 3 people cant' handle? 3 DPW men clean the library every single day. So tell me what do they have to do. J*** W***** aunt was transfered there because she could not handle the clerks office or the dispatch desk, not she is another staff member there, go figur. Too much spending on too many people in these offices.

Two shifts a day requires 8 people.

Above and beyond what? Lets face it waht is it to locate a book? You need 8 people to do thaT! cOME ON GET REAL! It is time for the state to step in and take ove what is going on in this town. I have had it also! Too many people getting fat off the cow and son't even live in this town. Lets get rid of them all.

I go to the library often also, and 90% of the time there is no one at the desk. I went one time to return my books and I waited 5 minutes and asking Is anyone here. They were all in the back. I had to catch the 40 bus, so I just left them on the counter and a month later I got a postcard telling me that I had overdue books. I took the postcard to the library and again waited for almost 10 minutes before someone came to the desk. I explained what happened, but was told that I cannot take any more books out untill I return the books and pay the late fee. I went to the shelves and retrived the books as they were put back on the shelf without being logged in. Talk about frustration. If they were there doing their job, there would not have been a problem.

Yes. I do mean above and beyond. They are wonderful with the children of this town. In fact, I have watched them stay with a youngster while he waited for his parent to pick him up. They are friendly, smart, and do a terrific job.

Yes. I do mean above and beyond. They are wonderful with the children of this town. In fact, I have watched them stay with a youngster while he waited for his parent to pick him up. They are friendly, smart, and do a terrific job.

They may have done a terrific job at babysitting someone else child, but is that why we need them. We can hire a babysitter at a fraction of the price.

Guest Mary Prosea
They may have done a terrific job at babysitting someone else child, but is that why we need them. We can hire a babysitter at a fraction of the price.

Why don't you then? You have no idea what you are talking about. Two of them are part time. They also work five hours on Saturday and are open at night. One of them is a DPW worker who must clean all day to keep up with the heavily used building and equipment. You probably should use the Library more often, then you may get a clue. At the very least you could persue more positive endeavors, rather than being a hater all of your life.

It's painfully obvious that you have no idea what goes on in a library. Ever hear of a reference question? Ever wonder how the computers (29) got there at little or no cost to the Taxpayer? Did you ever try to figure out why the children love to be there? How about the programs, do you think they happen by themselves? How about when you don't return your books on time, who prepares the letters to remind you to bring them back? Who calls to remind you to bring them back? How do you think the tax forms get here to be distributed? Who do you think lugs the Loan Collection in the Children's Dept. back and forth to the Newark Museum? If there was nobody available to run to your aid the moment you came through the doors, they could have been shelf-reading or preparing a shipment of donated books for the Vets. Do you think the books appear out of thin air? They have to be ordered and processed. Budgets have to be prepared. Statistical reports have to be generated and recorded. Shall I continue? How about the decorations? How do you think they get done? You have a computer system that is cutting edge and free and the Library is a Hot Spot meaning free wireless access that was obtained through a grant at no cost to the Taxpayer.

The eight people who work there cover two shifts and Saturdays. Two are part-time. Three people in the morning and three for the evening. Part-timers are floaters with overlapping coverage during lunch times. There now, maybe now that you have a better idea of how things work, you can keep your negative comments to yourself. You should use the Library more often, it may improve your attitude. It has been said that the quality of a community is reflected in its library system. You should be grateful for what you have.

True, but remember that it is only this year that any afterschool programs are getting started at our schools. Prior to this fall, there has been a need for these ladies to babysit kids afterschool. A few are very nice but there are others who are really nasty, condescending and rude toward the kids.

Don't pick on those ladies, they are quite nice and talented. I especially like that little woman from India.

I'm sure that these postings have nothing to do with the employees themselves or anything personal on their part, but instead it has to do with all the waste of money and unnecessary postions that the Mayor

decides to give out just for votes. He is stealing from Harrison.

It's painfully obvious that you have no idea what goes on in a library. Ever hear of a reference question? Ever wonder how the computers (29) got there at little or no cost to the Taxpayer? Did you ever try to figure out why the children love to be there? How about the programs, do you think they happen by themselves? How about when you don't return your books on time, who prepares the letters to remind you to bring them back? Who calls to remind you to bring them back? How do you think the tax forms get here to be distributed? Who do you think lugs the Loan Collection in the Children's Dept. back and forth to the Newark Museum? If there was nobody available to run to your aid the moment you came through the doors, they could have been shelf-reading or preparing a shipment of donated books for the Vets. Do you think the books appear out of thin air? They have to be ordered and processed. Budgets have to be prepared. Statistical reports have to be generated and recorded. Shall I continue? How about the decorations? How do you think they get done? You have a computer system that is cutting edge and free and the Library is a Hot Spot meaning free wireless access that was obtained through a grant at no cost to the Taxpayer.

The eight people who work there cover two shifts and Saturdays. Two are part-time. Three people in the morning and three for the evening. Part-timers are floaters with overlapping coverage during lunch times. There now, maybe now that you have a better idea of how things work, you can keep your negative comments to yourself. You should use the Library more often, it may improve your attitude. It has been said that the quality of a community is reflected in its library system. You should be grateful for what you have.

I repeat, my tax dollar should not be going to babysit peoples children, either at the library or the schools.

True, but remember that it is only this year that any afterschool programs are getting started at our schools. Prior to this fall, there has been a need for these ladies to babysit kids afterschool. A few are very nice but there are others who are really nasty, condescending and rude toward the kids.

See here again you are in error. They are not, nor have they ever been there to babysit your kids. That's what the daycares are for.

Hire a babysitter??? Then some parents should do just that.

More then I can say about the Community Center......that place is a joke. Employess there punch in go out and run to the stores, go to Dr. Appointment on Company time, where is all the registration money going that the parents pay for their children to play sports there? I was at an awards ceremony and the regulars got the awards, when every child should have been given something, that is what the old Counsilman did he made sure every child was awarded. My Child told me that they were there to play basketball and the studdering fool that is in charge yelled if you are not going to play GET OUT, not the first time he has done that he makes the kids leave so he doesn't have to work and the other thind I would like to know is why they are always closed? and why they close before they are scheduled to close....the place S**ks and they need a new staff in there.

Guest Guess Who?

That is the best run place in town and it is about to go to crap like everything else in this town.....you will see!

I hope the mayor reads this, he has no idea about any of this either.