KEARNY FOOTBALL

Guest KEARNY FOOTBALL

Guest Guest
As I post this there were 1, 382 views on this thread. ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED EIGHTY TWO. Do you really believe that is the work of 2 people? have an idea of the 2 people you are talking about, I site here with 4 people alone in my back yard and we are discussing the program we once played for and how bad it has gotten. So it is more than just 2 people alone who are disgusted and embarrassed. While Kearny has never been a football powerhouse, it was always a well run, competitive program. What it has become is an embarrassment and disgrace. The football seems to be getting better and the coaches are working hard, but from what I see on this site and hear all over town in BBQ's and what not is just a Greek Tragedy.

The football program in itself is a good thing. You do have student-athletes who try very hard and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem that seems cropping up is not with the parents but with the Booster Club of this Football Program. It desperately needs parent participation which it lacks. Since the top two officers of the club do not even have a child in the program, their views on what should or should not be done are completely skewed. And when they are questioned on it, there starts a shouting match between all parties and nothing gets done. So the parents just get frustrated and walk away - year after year after year. Since they are not going to relinquish their office this year, Kearny will have to wait another year. But again, you need a strong enough parent group to make things happen. I wish Kearny the very best of success and I do want them to succeed. Let me finish this by saying “Go Kardinals !”

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Christopher Durfee

Isn't it amazing what all you geniuses have turned a simple thread about a High School football camp into? Can you truly say you are in this for the kids? My god!

Guest Guest
How do you know that the kids got all the money? How do you know that the AD didn't apply it to his overall athletic budget? That would be deceptive to the people that thought they were donating for football. Lifting is allowed; doing drills without a permit is not. But the KHS A.D does what he wants, when he wants.

As far as defending the Booster Club, whomever runs this organization always gets bashed. This is nothing new. All the "adults" involved forget that these are kids just wanting to play. I see nothing wrong with the kids having to pay for the banquet. All the other sports do that as well, except for Seniors. As you said over $15,000 was raised, and the kids get nothing; then as the "adults" why not have the police department open a criminal investigation? It can be done, but I guess all you people know that the Booster Club would be found do everything on the up and up and then you would have nothing to B**ch about.

By the way, nobody is beyond reproach!

Ann, In some areas I do agree with you. I am unaware if the permit was generated or if one was even needed for the drills you were talking about. I do admit that but I think the rules imposed are not always in the best interest and I feel that most schools know how to bend the rules to justify their own mini-camps.

However in the area of the Booster Club, for the past number of years, its always been the Football Booster Club. And it’s not just sometimes, but always. The accountability of this clubs actions year after year are swept under a rug. There is no reason to think that after this year again there will be another balance of less than $20 again. And what do these Football players get? I am still waiting for that answer. The Kearny Football shirts last year were donated by Cali so no booster money went towards that. I still have to ask, where did the $15K go? There were notes generated at each meeting last year and documented as to where the funds would go. Compare it to where the money finally ended up and there is no correlation. And the large sum of money given for the Kay Award last year was just to funnel the money to the players who they wanted to get the money not on merit or commitment. In prior years it was one player and suddenly there were six each with a significant amount of money. And then the mom announced that last year would be the last year. What about the boys this year and next? I wish something would be done.

Guest Curious

On the subject of scholarships, how come people who establish scholarships pick who gets them> Shouldn't they establish criteria and then allow IMPARTIAL evaluators to award them to deserving candidates? In the past 4 years we have had students who are in the off season academically ineligible for spring sports yet received a scholarship, and in one case a student who could not even graduate yet got a scholarship, lastly a student who had straight F's his senior year who got TWO scholarships. We have given scholarships to kids who did not even go on to college! This is not an acceptable practice for a school that prides itself on its academic reputation.

Lastly, again, there is not even enough money to cover scholarships awarded last year. That issue has still not been addressed by our president.

Ann, In some areas I do agree with you. I am unaware if the permit was generated or if one was even needed for the drills you were talking about. I do admit that but I think the rules imposed are not always in the best interest and I feel that most schools know how to bend the rules to justify their own mini-camps.

However in the area of the Booster Club, for the past number of years, its always been the Football Booster Club. And it’s not just sometimes, but always. The accountability of this clubs actions year after year are swept under a rug. There is no reason to think that after this year again there will be another balance of less than $20 again. And what do these Football players get? I am still waiting for that answer. The Kearny Football shirts last year were donated by Cali so no booster money went towards that. I still have to ask, where did the $15K go? There were notes generated at each meeting last year and documented as to where the funds would go. Compare it to where the money finally ended up and there is no correlation. And the large sum of money given for the Kay Award last year was just to funnel the money to the players who they wanted to get the money not on merit or commitment. In prior years it was one player and suddenly there were six each with a significant amount of money. And then the mom announced that last year would be the last year. What about the boys this year and next? I wish something would be done.

The questions you raised are valid. Approximately how long would you say there has been a problem? Just since the current people took office, or before? I know for as long as I can remember there have always been complaints regarding the Football Booster Club. Years ago the same group ran the peewee football league in town, with problems. If Cali donated the shirts, there should be documentation. If you are a Booster club member, you have a right to look through all the paperwork, checkbook, receipts, etc. As far as the scholarship, the mother of the boy this is in memory of had stated that she wanted it to last up until the year her son would have graduated. If the Booster Club speaks with her and shows an interest in keeping this memorial going, maybe she will agree.

The one thing that really bothers me, is that everyone is forgetting the kids. The kids just want to play football; the adults, not all, want to cause problems. Why?

Guest Guest

Why don,t you become a member and help out.Their are 45 football players so far.From what i heard there is only 10 football booster club members.If one parent of each football player would join alot more could be accomplished.Your questions (15k)could be addressed at a booster meeting.And i agree with you something should be done,seems like no wants to ask that question at a meeting.(SHOW US THE MONEY).

Guest Raggedy

Yes, but the questions are never answered by this damn club. I am not aware of problems before this current administration, I know Santa Claus ran it I thought he was very good. If you go back to the seventies and eighties this was a great club that supported ALL sports in KHS. Raised thousands of dollars and never one instance of mishandling funds. I don't remember any other problems. When Phil Caputo and his crew ran it was very good. This administration LIED right in front of the current A.D. and said we were NOT allowed to look at any Club business or documents. They were proven wrong when they "misquoted" the By Laws, By Laws which they do NOT go by at all. I have no problem with the scholarships the mother gave out, or even if she stops them, whatever she wants it is her preogative but what I do have a problem with is how they give scholarships to favored students and leave out worthy candidates, as has been done many times in the recent past.

Listen, the current people running this club just need to get out period. when that happens things will get better for the football team. the football team always gets the short end of the stick. one father of 2 players called me last night and i could not believe how they were kicked off the field for soccer! while we are on that subject why are the cheerleaders included with football? shouldn't they be with the band like they always were?

The questions you raised are valid. Approximately how long would you say there has been a problem? Just since the current people took office, or before? I know for as long as I can remember there have always been complaints regarding the Football Booster Club. Years ago the same group ran the peewee football league in town, with problems. If Cali donated the shirts, there should be documentation. If you are a Booster club member, you have a right to look through all the paperwork, checkbook, receipts, etc. As far as the scholarship, the mother of the boy this is in memory of had stated that she wanted it to last up until the year her son would have graduated. If the Booster Club speaks with her and shows an interest in keeping this memorial going, maybe she will agree.

The one thing that really bothers me, is that everyone is forgetting the kids. The kids just want to play football; the adults, not all, want to cause problems. Why?

Guest Guest
On the subject of scholarships, how come people who establish scholarships pick who gets them> Shouldn't they establish criteria and then allow IMPARTIAL evaluators to award them to deserving candidates? In the past 4 years we have had students who are in the off season academically ineligible for spring sports yet received a scholarship, and in one case a student who could not even graduate yet got a scholarship, lastly a student who had straight F's his senior year who got TWO scholarships. We have given scholarships to kids who did not even go on to college! This is not an acceptable practice for a school that prides itself on its academic reputation.

Lastly, again, there is not even enough money to cover scholarships awarded last year. That issue has still not been addressed by our president.

Curious,get your facts straight before opening you mouth.No student recieves any money until they show proof of enrollment into college.Student with straight F's and recieved TWO scholarships show us proof this happened.Fact is you are talking out of your a$$.Scholarships awarded last year will be paid out when the students shows proof of enrollment into college as stated above.SHOW US YOUR PROOF?

You are right. A criteria should be established by the person or persons setting up the scholarships.

Guest Raggedy

I have my facts straight. stop with your condescending attitude hard guy. Right away you start screaming to deflect attention from the real question -- which you KNOW there is no answr and t here IS mismanagement if not more. I know when a studenty gets the money for the scholarship. I asked -- do u have it in the account? When my son comes up with his bill and proof of enrollment in august, will you have it? when all the kids come at once this year -- will you have it?

and i can exactly tell you who was acadenically ineligible with straight F's and received TWO scholarships SC. By the way he did not attend college and still got the money.

Curious,get your facts straight before opening you mouth.No student recieves any money until they show proof of enrollment into college.Student with straight F's and recieved TWO scholarships show us proof this happened.Fact is you are talking out of your a$$.Scholarships awarded last year will be paid out when the students shows proof of enrollment into college as stated above.SHOW US YOUR PROOF?

Guest *quest*
Yes, but the questions are never answered by this damn club. I am not aware of problems before this current administration, I know Santa Claus ran it I thought he was very good. If you go back to the seventies and eighties this was a great club that supported ALL sports in KHS. Raised thousands of dollars and never one instance of mishandling funds. I don't remember any other problems. When Phil Caputo and his crew ran it was very good. This administration LIED right in front of the current A.D. and said we were NOT allowed to look at any Club business or documents. They were proven wrong when they "misquoted" the By Laws, By Laws which they do NOT go by at all. I have no problem with the scholarships the mother gave out, or even if she stops them, whatever she wants it is her preogative but what I do have a problem with is how they give scholarships to favored students and leave out worthy candidates, as has been done many times in the recent past.

Listen, the current people running this club just need to get out period. when that happens things will get better for the football team. the football team always gets the short end of the stick. one father of 2 players called me last night and i could not believe how they were kicked off the field for soccer! while we are on that subject why are the cheerleaders included with football? shouldn't they be with the band like they always were?

If Cali donated the shirts then why is SamtaClaus getting the credit. He is the one who gave SC his scholarships and also never recoreded how much came in with those damn raffle tickets when he collected the money. By the way, the person that has caused all this commotion never handed the money in. So he told the president now to get bit. This is why so much trouble is happening. The bpeople on the board now are taking the blame from when he was president. SC. Also, lets not forget @ powder bpuff vwhen each girl pays $10.00 for a $3.00 shirt. Where is that money for the past 6 years.

Guest *Concerned Parent*

Here are some facts:

There is only currently $500 in the Booster Club account. The Club is supposed to pay for the foood for the kids on their camp, which will cost $5000 estimated. Also, scholarships will be due when kids get there bills this september, and all these kids were fine students who will be going to college and bills will be presented. There is no money to cover this. other expenses coming up soon.

The Booster Club should have been raising money as promised since January. They didn't, they were coaching CYO basketball and baseball. Meanwhile football kids suffer.

Nice decisions made by **. well done. Nuttin but love!

If Cali donated the shirts then why is SamtaClaus getting the credit. He is the one who gave SC his scholarships and also never recoreded how much came in with those damn raffle tickets when he collected the money. By the way, the person that has caused all this commotion never handed the money in. So he told the president now to get bit. This is why so much trouble is happening. The bpeople on the board now are taking the blame from when he was president. SC. Also, lets not forget @ powder bpuff vwhen each girl pays $10.00 for a $3.00 shirt. Where is that money for the past 6 years.

Guest PARENT

WHICH SCHOLARSHIPS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THE ONES FROM THE BOOSTER CLUB OR THE PRIVATE ONES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SCHOOL OR BOOSTER CLUBS?

Guest MS KAY

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! AS FAR AS THE 6 SCHOLARSHIPS GIVEN AWAY MY LATE HUSBAND AND I DECIDED THAT MOST OF THE MONEY WOULD HAVE GONE TO WILLIAMS GRADUATING CLASS! AS FAR AS THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE GIVEN OUT. SO PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK ON MINE OR MY FAMILY'S BEHALF! IF YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW ME, AND DON'T HAVE THE NERVE TO COME AND TALK TO ME!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED THE WILLIAM JOSEPH KAY SCHOLARSHIP FUND!

Guest guest
I have my facts straight. stop with your condescending attitude hard guy. Right away you start screaming to deflect attention from the real question -- which you KNOW there is no answr and t here IS mismanagement if not more. I know when a studenty gets the money for the scholarship. I asked -- do u have it in the account? When my son comes up with his bill and proof of enrollment in august, will you have it? when all the kids come at once this year -- will you have it?

and i can exactly tell you who was acadenically ineligible with straight F's and received TWO scholarships SC. By the way he did not attend college and still got the money.

DID I HIT A NERVE?SEEMS I DID,YOUR SPELLING IS A LITTLE RAGGEDY!!ANY WAY,MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE FOOTBALL CLUB AND ASK THEM IF THE MONEY IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CHILDS SCHOLARSHIP.I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHO THE STUDENT WITH STRAIGHT F;s RECEIVED TWO SCHOLARSHIPS AND DID;NT GO TO COLLEGE.PLEASE LET US KNOW.AS YOU STATED (i can exactly tell you who was acadenically ineligible)PERIOD.

Guest Raggedy

Here come the attacks! The scholarships I am referring to are NOT the William Kay scholarships.That is done privately and has nothing to do with the Booster Club. Ms. Kay god bless her, did a great job and I am quite sure that money exists and will be paid out. Gratiously my son accepted one which he was awarded.

I am referring to the Booster Club Scholarships. There were 6 given to 4 Boys and 2 Girls totaling $1500. That money is not currently in the account, correct? Why? TOO FUNNY!

NOW HARD GUY WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ANSWER THAT QUESTION!

WHICH SCHOLARSHIPS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THE ONES FROM THE BOOSTER CLUB OR THE PRIVATE ONES THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SCHOOL OR BOOSTER CLUBS?

Guest Disgrace

I have been following this thread and it is a shame how this Town, Club, Parents and Football Program has decomposed.

The "old timers" who started the "Kardinal Booster Club" are sickened and the members who have since past on are turning over in their graves!

The "original" Kardinal Booster Club was started by people who loved the football program and wanted to support the program and the "KIDS" in whatever capacity they could. These individuals never lost focus of the goal... supporting the student athlete and the football program.

No personal agendas, no stealing money and no Trash Talking.

Hardworking members who worked YEAR round for the KIDS!

All this talk about mismanagement and missing money is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the founders, who did just the opposite.... when funds were needed and the pot was a little low gave of their own money to make ends meet, not take from the pot!

Guest MS KAY
DID I HIT A NERVE?SEEMS I DID,YOUR SPELLING IS A LITTLE RAGGEDY!!ANY WAY,MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE FOOTBALL CLUB AND ASK THEM IF THE MONEY IS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CHILDS SCHOLARSHIP.I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHO THE STUDENT WITH STRAIGHT F;s RECEIVED TWO SCHOLARSHIPS AND DID;NT GO TO COLLEGE.PLEASE LET US KNOW.AS YOU STATED (i can exactly tell you who was acadenically ineligible)PERIOD.

Well first of all get your facts straight. The Booster Club does not hold any money for my son's scholarship ! As you stated previously, only one scholarship has been awarded each year, Well, again you were wrong! The first year two were given out! So, Please if you don't know what you are talking about DO NOT say anything!

I really think who ever you are, you really need to get a life!

Guest Guest
IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! AS FAR AS THE 6 SCHOLARSHIPS GIVEN AWAY MY LATE HUSBAND AND I DECIDED THAT MOST OF THE MONEY WOULD HAVE GONE TO WILLIAMS GRADUATING CLASS! AS FAR AS THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE GIVEN OUT. SO PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK ON MINE OR MY FAMILY'S BEHALF! IF YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW ME, AND DON'T HAVE THE NERVE TO COME AND TALK TO ME!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED THE WILLIAM JOSEPH KAY SCHOLARSHIP FUND!

If that was the case, why was the number of recipients who were to receive the award never mentioned in any of the meetings? It was a shock to all parties, players and parents last year, at the Awards dinner when the names were announced. And if it wasn’t a popularity contest, then why were only some seniors given awards where others were left out. I would like to know your thinking as to what were the criteria for giving out the scholarships? Since there are no By-Laws to this club, there are no regulations on how this money is funneled out. And you were Treasurer last year, who is to say that the money didn’t come from the Powder Puff or other areas. I guess membership does have its privileges like the commercial says. Please let me know what the criteria is for this year, is it one, two or many recipients? And Again hearing no money for this years athletes. Would just like to know your thinking before my son and I get to the dinner this year.

Guest Ms Kay
If that was the case, why was the number of recipients who were to receive the award never mentioned in any of the meetings? It was a shock to all parties, players and parents last year, at the Awards dinner when the names were announced. And if it wasn’t a popularity contest, then why were only some seniors given awards where others were left out. I would like to know your thinking as to what were the criteria for giving out the scholarships? Since there are no By-Laws to this club, there are no regulations on how this money is funneled out. And you were Treasurer last year, who is to say that the money didn’t come from the Powder Puff or other areas. I guess membership does have its privileges like the commercial says. Please let me know what the criteria is for this year, is it one, two or many recipients? And Again hearing no money for this years athletes. Would just like to know your thinking before my son and I get to the dinner this year.

First of all I do not have to mention who I am giving the awards to until the night of, Nor do I have to tell anyone our criterias! Me being treasurer last year and the scholarships given out are 2 different things. Obviously you did not buy a candle to support my sons scholarship or donate money like so many people did (because they didnt want a candle, just wanted to help out). Listen, if you have a problem with me come and see me and talk to me. But, than again you have to hide behind your GUEST name.

Folks,Let's start to narrow it down on who Guest is? There were not many people who showed up for MEETINGS who have children coming up in the next year! Can everyone start to guess who this is?

Guest guest
Here come the attacks! The scholarships I am referring to are NOT the William Kay scholarships.That is done privately and has nothing to do with the Booster Club. Ms. Kay god bless her, did a great job and I am quite sure that money exists and will be paid out. Gratiously my son accepted one which he was awarded.

I am referring to the Booster Club Scholarships. There were 6 given to 4 Boys and 2 Girls totaling $1500. That money is not currently in the account, correct? Why? TOO FUNNY!

NOW HARD GUY WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ANSWER THAT QUESTION!

HEY RAGGEDY ARE YOU THAT STUPID.WHY DON;T YOU GO TO A BOOSTER MEETING AND ASK THE BOARD WHERE THE SCHOLARSHIP MONEY FOR YOUR SON IS.YOU SEEM TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP MONEY THAN ANYONE.OH I GET IT YOUR A DISGRUNTLED BOOSTER CLUB MEMBER!THE ONLY ATTACKS ARE FROM YOU AND YOUR SIDEKICK!!!!GET A LIFE BIG MOUTH.

Wow! I can't believe that you aren't beyond attacking a woman who not only lost her husband but also her son withing in last 4 years. How dare you! If this woman wants to give one, two or three scholarships, that is her business. Who she wants to give it to is also her business. Like she stated earlier, her and her late husband decided that the majority of the scholarships would be given to Williams graduating class. If she decides she does not want to fund any further scholarships, that is her business. And if you and your son are waiting for a handout at the dinner, maybe you should have your son apply for financial aid or academic scholarships, if he is eligible.

Guest disgraceful

This school was excellent until this troublemaker came to town and got a partner. How can u RASH a woma who lost a son and husband at the same time. Justbwhen u think this ******* **** can't get lower he does!!! I heard he waskicked from the cub and that is why there is so much trash on here. He,himself, stole from this town ent to another and di the same and recently did the same here again. No one had the balls (Santa Claus) and when ***** GOT him he trashs again . GET A LIFE !!!! As far asthe board goes I think you are doing well KEEPP up the good work.

Guest Raggedy

Again, attacks, yelling and screaming, no answers. Thinking I am a felon, etc. etc. etc.

"Here come the attacks! The scholarships I am referring to are NOT the William Kay scholarships.That is done privately and has nothing to do with the Booster Club. Ms. Kay god bless her, did a great job and I am quite sure that money exists and will be paid out. Gratiously my son accepted one which he was awarded.

NOW HARD GUY WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ANSWER THAT QUESTION!"

That was what I said. I do not have a current kid in the program, my son graduated last year. I am NOT, I repeat NOT asking anything concerning KAY SCHOLARSHIPS. The scholarships I am asking about are specifically the BOOSTER CLUB SCHOLARSHIPS. Is the money currently in the account for those scholarships?

Guest Richard Pryor
This school was excellent until this troublemaker came to town and got a partner. How can u RASH a woma who lost a son and husband at the same time. Justbwhen u think this ******* **** can't get lower he does!!! I heard he waskicked from the cub and that is why there is so much trash on here. He,himself, stole from this town ent to another and di the same and recently did the same here again. No one had the balls (Santa Claus) and when ***** GOT him he trashs again . GET A LIFE !!!! As far asthe board goes I think you are doing well KEEPP up the good work.

This is the funniest post I have read on this site yet! And in too many ways to count! What genius wrote this? HAHAHAHA ROFLMAO This person has no idea what they r talking about!