KEARNY FOOTBALL

Guest KEARNY FOOTBALL

Guest Guest
The booster club did NOT give $1,300 towards the camp. It would be nice for people to have their facts straight before they post here. Coach asked for $30.00 per player towards the camp from the booster club. That's what he was given. Would it have been nice if the booster club could pay for the whole thing? Absoulutely! This is not the case.

As for the fundraising letter, that was done solely through the head coach and the athletic department. NOT ONE INDIVIDUAL. All you have to do is read the letter. It turned out to be a successful endeavor.

The bottom line is this, 27 boys went to camp at Temple for the day, it was a wonderful experience! For some of them this was their first time on a college campus. What better first impression then that? This may drive some of them to be better and strive for such a goal....attending a D1 college or any college for that matter.

We have a shot at a wonderful football season in '09. The team would be better served if you all would sit in the stands rather than spue garbage here which in turn only undermines their potential for success.

It's your "friend" that instigates and spues the garbage on here. Get a clue.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Audrey Nash

We have a shot at a wonderful football season in '09. The team would be better served if you all would sit in the stands rather than spue garbage here which in turn only undermines their potential for success.

I personally am insulted by this statement. Is this statement endorsed by Coach O and the KHS Football Staff as well as Mr. Millar? I don't see how you or anyone else for that matter can tell parents we can serve the team best by sitting in the stands. We should all be involved, not just give us money and sit and be quiet. I will be addressing this with the program and I can only hope this is not their feelings or I will be highly disappointed in the program's "new" mentality.

Guest Guest

I personally am insulted by this statement. Is this statement endorsed by Coach O and the KHS Football Staff as well as Mr. Millar? I don't see how you or anyone else for that matter can tell parents we can serve the team best by sitting in the stands. We should all be involved, not just give us money and sit and be quiet. I will be addressing this with the program and I can only hope this is not their feelings or I will be highly disappointed in the program's "new" mentality.

I would like too, however there has not been any resemblance of accountability from this Football Booster Club Officers in a number of years and their arrogance prevents us parents of players from wanting to help. Please you should not be insulted but what you really should do it attend one of the next Football Booster Club meeting. I do not remember seeing you there at one previously. And hoping someone would post here when that next meeting is with enough advanced notice to get the word around to the other parents to attend.

The one note from me personally is that I wish this year’s team a great amount of success. They as well as your sons are good kids and deserve the very best. But please don’t expect this Booster Club to do anything. It’s just a shell for the ****** persons and ** **** ***** ****.

Notice that it says "EX" Kearny Football Parent, So I am not who you think I am. I dislike that person too. But what seems to happen is when this current "Board" and I use that term very loosely gets challenged they turn the attention to someone, use attacks on person's character to avoid the spotlight. say you!!

Answer these IMPORTANT questions.

#1 Is there money to cover the $1750 awarded in scholarships as of today's date? To be clear, the 7 students you awarded $250 to for school which starts in 2 months, do you have that money in the account RIGHT NOW? That would seem to be a problem, wouldn't you agree? From what i understood their was only 3 scholarships awarded this year

#2 How come over $15,000 was raised last year, and there is only a balance of less than $20 in the account? This happenes EVERY year; other booster clubs of sports within the High School have over $25,000 in their account and actively support their athletes. How come Football, the most popular sport in the USA, cannot have similar results? $15,000 dollars was raised?where did you hear that from the convict?

#3 How come there is ALWAYS a problem with the Football Booster Club? You are accusing a person from the Wrestling Club, well I never see or hear of problems with that booster club. The problem ALWAYS lies with Football. Why is that? The proplems started when the convicts girlfriend did not get elected president of the club.wHO ACCUSED ANY MEMBER OF THE WRESTLING CLUB OF ANYTHING . here. Just to keep it simple. Answer these questions before we move on to another topic, and don't use fluff and false allegations to avoid the real reasons and answers.

Please for the sake of the kids involved who also read this stuff of these forms, please stop with the name calling. Families have been effected by the carrying on of all parties involved and it has to stop.

No one here has a personal interest in what has been going on here then me and my children and contrary to what anyone thinks it is effecting all of us very seriously.

I for one am heading into this season with the anticipation that the personal tensions are going to ruin it for the kids. Just stop now.

Guest guest
This is false. Maybe they raised $1300, that doesn't surprise me, but they only gave $220 to the camp, that is a fact.

For your information, 27 players went to the camp the booster club donated $810.00 dollars.The booster club would of paid more if it was needed.SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT MORON!!!!

Guest Charlie Brown
For your information, 27 players went to the camp the booster club donated $810.00 dollars.The booster club would of paid more if it was needed.SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT MORON!!!!

You have no right calling anyone a moron. In your attempt to say "would have" you instead wrote "would of". Perhaps not a big deal to you but when you boldly tell someone else to get their facts straight and then go on to call them a moron, you need to be called out. Good Grief!

Guest Christine
I would like too, however there has not been any resemblance of accountability from this Football Booster Club Officers in a number of years and their arrogance prevents us parents of players from wanting to help. Please you should not be insulted but what you really should do it attend one of the next Football Booster Club meeting. I do not remember seeing you there at one previously. And hoping someone would post here when that next meeting is with enough advanced notice to get the word around to the other parents to attend.

The one note from me personally is that I wish this year’s team a great amount of success. They as well as your sons are good kids and deserve the very best. But please don’t expect this Booster Club to do anything. It’s just a shell for the ****** persons and ** **** ***** ****.

The next booster club meeting is July 21st, 7:00 @ the LCCC.

Guest General Patton

Someone or a group of people needs to just blow up this dysfunctional organization. At the very least, it distracts from the kids and creates a negative aura around the program. The people in charge should just step down, they do more harm than good. And as for the ******* *** ********, he would be best served just being relagated to ******** ***** at the *****, it is what he does best.

Guest Guest
All I have to say is WOW. Does the KHS Coaching staff realize you are telling people to hand over their money and then sit in the stands and shut up?

I'm not sure that was the intent of the post.....however you can interpret it as you wish, even if it's meant to disparage someone who is trying to set the record straight.

Guest Christine

BTW: the following is a link to the football website. It will have updated booster club info, team info and school info

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=khfb

Guest current univolved parent
Someone or a group of people needs to just blow up this dysfunctional organization. At the very least, it distracts from the kids and creates a negative aura around the program. The people in charge should just step down, they do more harm than good. And as for the ******* *** ********, he would be best served just being relagated to ******** ***** at the *****, it is what he does best.

I too agree that "some" of the board members should step down and let the program move forward. I truly believe that only people with children in the program should be involved since they are directly affected. I don't care if their children were involved in the past, it's time for a change. We had a chance with the last election (which may not have been a valid election it turns out) but due to some narrow minded people it was futal.

Guest Frankie Vasquez

Does't anybody see what transpires? This thread started by the Kearny Football kids having to beg for money. Then the Booster Club comes on here and yells and screams, acting like 2-year olds and pointing fingers in all different directions. The Fund-Raiser ran exclusively by the Coaching Staff and over-seen by the A.D. John Millar was successful, and the kids finally got to go to a real camp for the experience of a lifetime. The money, for once, got directly where it was supposed to go, the kids. Finally. This is the way things should be done for the future as well, let Coach Guerrero, a man of high integrity run the money and Mr Millar oversee the account and these kids will get the dollars that have been raised instead of Booster Board members ******* in *** **** and going ** ********.

Does't anybody see what transpires? This thread started by the Kearny Football kids having to beg for money. Then the Booster Club comes on here and yells and screams, acting like 2-year olds and pointing fingers in all different directions. The Fund-Raiser ran exclusively by the Coaching Staff and over-seen by the A.D. John Millar was successful, and the kids finally got to go to a real camp for the experience of a lifetime. The money, for once, got directly where it was supposed to go, the kids. Finally. This is the way things should be done for the future as well, let Coach Guerrero, a man of high integrity run the money and Mr Millar oversee the account and these kids will get the dollars that have been raised instead of Booster Board members ******* in *** **** and going ** ********.

The Booster Club also raised money for the camp. The fundraiser that took place was never authorized. There are procedures to follow and the coaching staff, as well as, the A.D. once again, did whatever they wanted. How do you know that the kids received ALL the money that was intended for them? The kids had been practicing without permits, the coach and the A.D do whatever they damn well please. So before you praise the powers that be, get the facts.

Are you kidding me? I really hope that you don't have any children. It is a scary thought that someone who wants to "blow up" a group of people would actually be raising a child!

Guest Are You SERIOUS?

"Ann", Please know what you are talking about. The kids received ALL the money. The A.D. and the Coach's integrity is beyond reproach. The kids are LIFTING, which is LEGAL according to the NJSIAA rules, you may check that at njsiaa.org if you wish to educate yourself. Then again, now since I am disputing something "Ann" says, whomever that may be, this post will not be posted.

How can you defend this Booster Club? They give the kids NOTHING. The kids have received NOTHING from this Booster Club for the last 4 years, and that is a fact. Did you know the kids have to pay for their own Banquet, and that certain kids could not go because they couldn't afford it? A ton of money was raised, according to one person on here over $15,000 was raised, yet the kids get NOTHING. And now yopu want to disparage the Coach and A.D. Out of curiosity, why would a man who gets paid $120,000+ steal any money from a fund raiser for kids to go to camp? Now would an *********** ******** ********* **** *****? ABSOLUTELY!

The Booster Club also raised money for the camp. The fundraiser that took place was never authorized. There are procedures to follow and the coaching staff, as well as, the A.D. once again, did whatever they wanted. How do you know that the kids received ALL the money that was intended for them? The kids had been practicing without permits, the coach and the A.D do whatever they damn well please. So before you praise the powers that be, get the facts.

Guest Guest

Yes. The BOOSTER CLUB ORGANIZATION should be blown up. Not the people IDIOT; the organization. They need to start a NEW organization. Or just have the BOE or Administration create a mechanism where the kids can get things, because they get NOTHING from these holy rollers who have everyone bamboozled

Are you kidding me? I really hope that you don't have any children. It is a scary thought that someone who wants to "blow up" a group of people would actually be raising a child!

Guest Guest

Ann don:t let the morons get you aggravated.they love talking out of their A$$.It:s only two people who cause the problems for the booster club because she lost the election for president, so the *********** AND HER ********( ********,******,*****,**** *****)*******.He is on his way to **** soon so **** watch out the *********** will be ** *** ***** *****!!

Guest Guest
"Ann", Please know what you are talking about. The kids received ALL the money. The A.D. and the Coach's integrity is beyond reproach. The kids are LIFTING, which is LEGAL according to the NJSIAA rules, you may check that at njsiaa.org if you wish to educate yourself. Then again, now since I am disputing something "Ann" says, whomever that may be, this post will not be posted.

How can you defend this Booster Club? They give the kids NOTHING. The kids have received NOTHING from this Booster Club for the last 4 years, and that is a fact. Did you know the kids have to pay for their own Banquet, and that certain kids could not go because they couldn't afford it? A ton of money was raised, according to one person on here over $15,000 was raised, yet the kids get NOTHING. And now yopu want to disparage the Coach and A.D. Out of curiosity, why would a man who gets paid $120,000+ steal any money from a fund raiser for kids to go to camp? Now would an *********** ******** ********* **** *****? ABSOLUTELY!

Again more crap from the *********** and the lowlife(future ********).

Guest Guest
Yes. The BOOSTER CLUB ORGANIZATION should be blown up. Not the people IDIOT; the organization. They need to start a NEW organization. Or just have the BOE or Administration create a mechanism where the kids can get things, because they get NOTHING from these holy rollers who have everyone bamboozled

Hey i got a great idea!Why don:t we let the *********** AND THE ***** RUN THE BOOSTER CLUB,MAYBE THEY CAN ***, *******,***** ***** FROM ALL OF THE MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILY.AND AS PER THE COACH AND HIS STAFF THEY ARE VERY GOOD WITH OUR PLAYERS.THEY GIVE 110 PERCENT OF THEIR TIME TO OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM.HATS OFF TO COACH GUERRERO AND STAFF.KICK A$$ THIS COMING SEASON.

How do you know that the kids got all the money? How do you know that the AD didn't apply it to his overall athletic budget? That would be deceptive to the people that thought they were donating for football. Lifting is allowed; doing drills without a permit is not. But the KHS A.D does what he wants, when he wants.

As far as defending the Booster Club, whomever runs this organization always gets bashed. This is nothing new. All the "adults" involved forget that these are kids just wanting to play. I see nothing wrong with the kids having to pay for the banquet. All the other sports do that as well, except for Seniors. As you said over $15,000 was raised, and the kids get nothing; then as the "adults" why not have the police department open a criminal investigation? It can be done, but I guess all you people know that the Booster Club would be found do everything on the up and up and then you would have nothing to B**ch about.

By the way, nobody is beyond reproach!

Guest Raggedy

What permit would you be talking about? Where do the coaches need a permit from?

And the A.D. has separate accounts for different sports. This money went all to FOOTBALL. About time! Why are you disparaging the A.D.? Was you daughter cut from the Girls Soccer team?

There is an open investigation to the Kardinal Booster Club. Anyone with information should contact the Hudson County Prosecuter's Office with information. Was told that a bunch of items have been brought to them already including old raffle tickets and game film.

Track does not charge for underclassmen, nor does Crew. So your statement about "ALL other sports do that as well" is again incorrect. Our students, the players have not received anything worth while from The Booster Club, again that is a fact.

How do you know that the kids got all the money? How do you know that the AD didn't apply it to his overall athletic budget? That would be deceptive to the people that thought they were donating for football. Lifting is allowed; doing drills without a permit is not. But the KHS A.D does what he wants, when he wants.

As far as defending the Booster Club, whomever runs this organization always gets bashed. This is nothing new. All the "adults" involved forget that these are kids just wanting to play. I see nothing wrong with the kids having to pay for the banquet. All the other sports do that as well, except for Seniors. As you said over $15,000 was raised, and the kids get nothing; then as the "adults" why not have the police department open a criminal investigation? It can be done, but I guess all you people know that the Booster Club would be found do everything on the up and up and then you would have nothing to B**ch about.

By the way, nobody is beyond reproach!

Guest Jackie G.

As I post this there were 1, 382 views on this thread. ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED EIGHTY TWO. Do you really believe that is the work of 2 people? have an idea of the 2 people you are talking about, I site here with 4 people alone in my back yard and we are discussing the program we once played for and how bad it has gotten. So it is more than just 2 people alone who are disgusted and embarrassed. While Kearny has never been a football powerhouse, it was always a well run, competitive program. What it has become is an embarrassment and disgrace. The football seems to be getting better and the coaches are working hard, but from what I see on this site and hear all over town in BBQ's and what not is just a Greek Tragedy.

What permit would you be talking about? Where do the coaches need a permit from?

And the A.D. has separate accounts for different sports. This money went all to FOOTBALL. About time! Why are you disparaging the A.D.? Was you daughter cut from the Girls Soccer team?

There is an open investigation to the Kardinal Booster Club. Anyone with information should contact the Hudson County Prosecuter's Office with information. Was told that a bunch of items have been brought to them already including old raffle tickets and game film.

Track does not charge for underclassmen, nor does Crew. So your statement about "ALL other sports do that as well" is again incorrect. Our students, the players have not received anything worth while from The Booster Club, again that is a fact.

The A.D. needs to get permits from the BOE for every practice and event that takes place on school property. He didn't until it was brought to the attention of one of the coaches who was clueless. Then and only then did the A.D. put in for the proper permits. This is mandatory in case a player gets injured.

My daughter is well past the high school and college years, so NO my daughter was not the girl cut from the soccer team!

Lets not even go there with Track charging for underclassmen. We all know about the investigation into their Booster Club. As far as Crew, the parents pay $50 at the beginning of the season and fundraise the rest. If you feel the players haven't received anything worthwhile, then take over. I'm sure the people currently running the organization would love to sit back and watch you work your ass off and get criticized for it.

As far as a criminal investigation beging conducted through the Hudson County Prosecutors Office, if that is the case, then why are you worrying? The old raffle tickets have nothing to do with the current President and board, because they haven't done a raffle recently. I can honestly say I know nothing about game film, so I would ask that you explain.

Thank you

Ann Scoffield