KEARNY FOOTBALL

Guest KEARNY FOOTBALL

Guest KEARNY FOOTBALL

Thought some of you all might wanna help the boys....

KEARNY FOOTBALL

Kearny High School

336 Devon Street

Kearny, NJ 07032

:lol:

Dear Family and Friends:

I have some exciting news to share. You may or may not know that we are part of the Kearny High School football program. Our program is improving tremendously. Between our young and enthusiastic coaching staff, the support of the administration and new players joining us every day we are already off to a great start for the 2009 season.

What’s exciting is, our team has been given the opportunity to participate in a one day camp being offered at Temple University.

To help defray the cost we are asking for a $10.00 donation, or whatever is comfortable for you. Make checks payable to Kearny Football, put my name in the memo of the check send it to Kearny High School, 336 Devon Street, Kearny, NJ 07032, Attn: Coach Oscar Guerrero.

The benefits this will afford us could be amazing! We are all very excited about going. Not only can something like this show results on the field it will also be a great bonding experience for our team and coaching staff.

If you are interested in keeping up to date on what is going on with my team log on to:

http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=khfb

Thank you in advance for whatever support you can provide.

Thank you, from KEARNY KARDINAL FOOTBALL

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KEARNY FOOTBALL

Kearny High School

336 Devon Street

Kearny, NJ 07032

:rolleyes:

Dear Family and Friends:

I have some exciting news to share. You may or may not know that we are part of the Kearny High School football program. Our program is improving tremendously. Between our young and enthusiastic coaching staff, the support of the administration and new players joining us every day we are already off to a great start for the 2009 season.

What’s exciting is, our team has been given the opportunity to participate in a one day camp being offered at Temple University.

To help defray the cost we are asking for a $10.00 donation, or whatever is comfortable for you. Make checks payable to Kearny Football, put my name in the memo of the check send it to Kearny High School, 336 Devon Street, Kearny, NJ 07032, Attn: Coach Oscar Guerrero.

The benefits this will afford us could be amazing! We are all very excited about going. Not only can something like this show results on the field it will also be a great bonding experience for our team and coaching staff.

If you are interested in keeping up to date on what is going on with my team log on to:

What a great idea....not only will this help the young men, but it also gives the community a chance to get involved in something positive. We're always posting and complaining about the lack of activities for the children of Kearny, now we have the opportunity to "put up or shut up"....good luck and you can count me in.

Guest anotherxbluetider
What a great idea....not only will this help the young men, but it also gives the community a chance to get involved in something positive. We're always posting and complaining about the lack of activities for the children of Kearny, now we have the opportunity to "put up or shut up"....good luck and you can count me in.

I TO THINK THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAME IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK. SO I DID "PUT UP"

ITS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THE TEAM..... FUNNY" LOL "TWO HARRISONIANS SUPPORTING KEARNY FOOTBALL.I HOPE TO SEE

SOME XKARDS POST SOON .GO KARDS GOOD LUCK..

Guest Guest

KEARNY FOOTBALL

Kearny High School

336 Devon Street

Kearny, NJ 07032

:wub:

Dear Family and Friends:

This seems, to me anyway, a nice idea to help the football program get a jump-start on it's up-coming season. That being said, I question why this canvassing has to be done. Is it not one of the responsililities of the Booster Club to help promote the program? And is it not also their "job" to help defray costs for endeavors such as this? Maybe I'm out of line, but, where's the involvement of this organization in helping the kids with an enjoyable activity that they can cherish the rest of their lives.......JUST WONDERING

Guest Guest
This seems, to me anyway, a nice idea to help the football program get a jump-start on it's up-coming season. That being said, I question why this canvassing has to be done. Is it not one of the responsililities of the Booster Club to help promote the program? And is it not also their "job" to help defray costs for endeavors such as this? Maybe I'm out of line, but, where's the involvement of this organization in helping the kids with an enjoyable activity that they can cherish the rest of their lives.......JUST WONDERING

The Booster Club is helping for the camp at KHS in the summer.

Guest Guest
The Booster Club is helping for the camp at KHS in the summer.

What is the Booster Club doing and why havent they made calls to the other Booster Parents for help?

Guest guest
What is the Booster Club doing and why havent they made calls to the other Booster Parents for help?

The question you should be asking is WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HELP THE BOOSTER CLUB AND THE KIDS.BESIDES RUNNING YOU BIG MOUTH YOU MORON!!

Guest ex-kearny football parent

I was told that there isn't even enough money to cover any of the scholarships given out last year, over $1750. Is that true? How can The Kardinal Booster Club award scholarships and not have the money to give to the students? This is wrong if true, and that should definitely be looked into.

Guest Guest
The question you should be asking is WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HELP THE BOOSTER CLUB AND THE KIDS.BESIDES RUNNING YOU BIG MOUTH YOU MORON!!

I was trying to help and it was an honest question. My question WAS how can I help. I wanted to help and if more parents were aware they would help. It is people like you with bad mouthing others is why the Football Booster Club is the worst out of all the clubs in the school.

Guest guest
I was trying to help and it was an honest question. My question WAS how can I help. I wanted to help and if more parents were aware they would help. It is people like you with bad mouthing others is why the Football Booster Club is the worst out of all the clubs in the school.

Yes you can help.The booster club is having a meeting tonight june 23,2009 at the lccc davis ave\ duke street.Tell your friends we could use the help!!!!

Guest boosterarent
Yes you can help.The booster club is having a meeting tonight june 23,2009 at the lccc davis ave\ duke street.Tell your friends we could use the help!!!!

Every time wrestling finishes the same person starts his crap. He/she is jealous of how well the club goes but because they don't think of ideasfirst they put down thebooster club. The person who always opens his/her mouth tries t degrade the booster club. We never had this problem before. Since certain people didn't get the votes to run the program always starts this problem. We got it in control and now he/she calls parents and bad mouths the club. Why don'tyou keep quiet and everything will go fine. I know thiswon't happen but I believe in charma. Their day will come

Guest Guest

Every time wrestling finishes the same person starts his crap. He/she is jealous of how well the club goes but because they don't think of ideasfirst they put down thebooster club. The person who always opens his/her mouth tries t degrade the booster club. We never had this problem before. Since certain people didn't get the votes to run the program always starts this problem. We got it in control and now he/she calls parents and bad mouths the club. Why don'tyou keep quiet and everything will go fine. I know thiswon't happen but I believe in charma. Their day will come

Who is the "we" that have this in control of this club now? Unless someone can step up this club is in for another disappointing year. In your words you have tried to “keep quiet" the on goings of this so called club for a long time now. The funding of this club was not meant to fund your summer vacations. The accountability of this club is ridiculous and every time something is mentioned about it, the loud mouths open again. It just takes someone look at the monies coming in, and I mean all of them and not just the ones you want to show on the books, to see there is injustice going on here. Yet the Board says that each club is to police themselves and not responsible. How can a club year after year say that they have only a remaining balance of $20.00 left when all that money is taken in and nothing to show for it? That was a big mistake because it’s leaving the kids alone in the candy store for another year.

Guest Guest
I TO THINK THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAME IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK. SO I DID "PUT UP"

ITS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THE TEAM..... FUNNY" LOL "TWO HARRISONIANS SUPPORTING KEARNY FOOTBALL.I HOPE TO SEE

SOME XKARDS POST SOON .GO KARDS GOOD LUCK..

Oh, boy! This guy sounds like he took a few too many headshots!

Guest Ex-Football Parent

Notice that it says "EX" Kearny Football Parent, So I am not who you think I am. I dislike that person too. But what seems to happen is when this current "Board" and I use that term very loosely gets challenged they turn the attention to someone, use attacks on person's character to avoid the spotlight.

Answer these IMPORTANT questions.

#1 Is there money to cover the $1750 awarded in scholarships as of today's date? To be clear, the 7 students you awarded $250 to for school which starts in 2 months, do you have that money in the account RIGHT NOW? That would seem to be a problem, wouldn't you agree?

#2 How come over $15,000 was raised last year, and there is only a balance of less than $20 in the account? This happenes EVERY year; other booster clubs of sports within the High School have over $25,000 in their account and actively support their athletes. How come Football, the most popular sport in the USA, cannot have similar results?

#3 How come there is ALWAYS a problem with the Football Booster Club? You are accusing a person from the Wrestling Club, well I never see or hear of problems with that booster club. The problem ALWAYS lies with Football. Why is that?

I'll stop here. Just to keep it simple. Answer these questions before we move on to another topic, and don't use fluff and false allegations to avoid the real reasons and answers.

Guest guest
Who is the "we" that have this in control of this club now? Unless someone can step up this club is in for another disappointing year. In your words you have tried to “keep quiet" the on goings of this so called club for a long time now. The funding of this club was not meant to fund your summer vacations. The accountability of this club is ridiculous and every time something is mentioned about it, the loud mouths open again. It just takes someone look at the monies coming in, and I mean all of them and not just the ones you want to show on the books, to see there is injustice going on here. Yet the Board says that each club is to police themselves and not responsible. How can a club year after year say that they have only a remaining balance of $20.00 left when all that money is taken in and nothing to show for it? That was a big mistake because it’s leaving the kids alone in the candy store for another year.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.YOU MORON.THIS MUST BE THE CONVICTED FELON SPEAKING OUT AGAIN.!!!!

Guest Double the Fun

The Temple University Football Camp was a success! I want to thank all who donated directly to the Football Program to make this a highly successful day for the 27 campers.

Through the fund raiser listed here and on another web site, monies which went DIRECTLY to the coach and school, a lot of kids were able to attend this camp that normally would not have been able to. A great job was done and this will help the FOOTBALL program directly; all funds are accounted for and the money got directly to the students, as intended. A lot of thanks should be sent out to the people who donated to this cause and showed that there is significant support for the football program as long as people know where the money is going. Some people from this very site -- KOTW -- were very generous and helped a lot of students.

For the record, the Kardinals Booster Club donated $220 to the camp. It is estimated that they raised over $1000 specifically for the event. They had promised to pay $30 per kid; $210 dollars is far short of $810 and the coach originally asked for $1500 which the Booster Club does not even close to have in their account. We also were told a story yesterday that there is no money to cover a sholarship awarded to a 2009 graduate last december.

FYI the Kearny HS Baseball Booster Club has over $9000 in their account. The Kearny Crew has over $27,000. How can The Kardinal Football Booster Club have NO money especiually when t hey have the greatest opportunities to generate cash?

The 2009 Season looks to be a special one for the Kardinals. The players are working very hard, and the coaching staff is doing a phenomenal job. The kids are bigger, stronger and faster, and the right people are starting to notice.

Mr Millar did not do a good job with the 2009 schedule. There are games on the schedule that dont make any sense. Wayne Valley? Paramus? It is especially discomforting knowing he was on the committee that made this schedule. One must begin to question if Mr Millar gives as much attention to other sports as he does to soccer. Kearny should not be playing these schools, even for one year.

That's all for now. keep up the great work players, you can only improve things you can control. Things will eventually get better.

Guest guest

KEARNY FOOTBALL

Kearny High School

336 Devon Street

Kearny, NJ 07032

^_^

Dear Family and Friends:

Dear Family and Friends

Do not send any money to this. It is a scam. Coach Guerrero did not put this on the web. This is some people who want to start their own club. SO BEWARE. If the Booster club needs money we will let you know by phone or flyers. Our booster club is KHS Football Booster Club. Our Club has raised the money for the camp at Temple University. We also had a meeting recently and collected money for membership. If you have any questions just call the athletic dsirector and he will tell you what you need to know or you can call the president of the club. The people who collected money from them have not have a tax I.D.# We are positive though that they will have a good year.

Guest Guest
Dear Family and Friends

Do not send any money to this. It is a scam. Coach Guerrero did not put this on the web. This is some people who want to start their own club. SO BEWARE. If the Booster club needs money we will let you know by phone or flyers. Our booster club is KHS Football Booster Club. Our Club has raised the money for the camp at Temple University. We also had a meeting recently and collected money for membership. If you have any questions just call the athletic dsirector and he will tell you what you need to know or you can call the president of the club. The people who collected money from them have not have a tax I.D.# We are positive though that they will have a good year.

I'm confused....if this is a scam why would the contributers be asked to send any monies to the high school in care of the head coach....not complaining only inquiring.

Guest Jim McGlaughlin

The money I sent went directly to the Head Football Coach, as per the letter above. That money was cashed by a Kearny High School account. HOW CAN IT BE A SCAM? It would seem all funds would have to be accounted for. I would like to see some answers to the questions posted by Ex-Kearny football parent. How come the Kardinal Booster Club is not answering them? If they have nothing to hide then they should be candidly answering those questions instead of attacking a fund raiser run by the football team...

Why does the coach and program have to raise its own money? Isn't that the job of the Booster Club? Where is all the money the Booster Club raised?

HHHMMM... sounds like some people are trying to deflect attention from what is really going on!

Guest concerned
I'm confused....if this is a scam why would the contributers be asked to send any monies to the high school in care of the head coach....not complaining only inquiring.

The KHSB Football Booster Club raised 1,300 and gave it to the camp

Guest un-concerned

This is false. Maybe they raised $1300, that doesn't surprise me, but they only gave $220 to the camp, that is a fact.

Guest Guest
Notice that it says "EX" Kearny Football Parent, So I am not who you think I am. I dislike that person too. But what seems to happen is when this current "Board" and I use that term very loosely gets challenged they turn the attention to someone, use attacks on person's character to avoid the spotlight. say you!!

Answer these IMPORTANT questions.

#1 Is there money to cover the $1750 awarded in scholarships as of today's date? To be clear, the 7 students you awarded $250 to for school which starts in 2 months, do you have that money in the account RIGHT NOW? That would seem to be a problem, wouldn't you agree? From what i understood their was only 3 scholarships awarded this year

#2 How come over $15,000 was raised last year, and there is only a balance of less than $20 in the account? This happenes EVERY year; other booster clubs of sports within the High School have over $25,000 in their account and actively support their athletes. How come Football, the most popular sport in the USA, cannot have similar results? $15,000 dollars was raised?where did you hear that from the convict?

#3 How come there is ALWAYS a problem with the Football Booster Club? You are accusing a person from the Wrestling Club, well I never see or hear of problems with that booster club. The problem ALWAYS lies with Football. Why is that? The proplems started when the convicts girlfriend did not get elected president of the club.wHO ACCUSED ANY MEMBER OF THE WRESTLING CLUB OF ANYTHING . here. Just to keep it simple. Answer these questions before we move on to another topic, and don't use fluff and false allegations to avoid the real reasons and answers.

Guest Guest
I was told that there isn't even enough money to cover any of the scholarships given out last year, over $1750. Is that true? How can The Kardinal Booster Club award scholarships and not have the money to give to the students? This is wrong if true, and that should definitely be looked into.WHO MAY I ASK TOLD YOU THIS? COULD IT BE THE CON-ARTIST AGAIN?

Guest Christine

The booster club did NOT give $1,300 towards the camp. It would be nice for people to have their facts straight before they post here. Coach asked for $30.00 per player towards the camp from the booster club. That's what he was given. Would it have been nice if the booster club could pay for the whole thing? Absoulutely! This is not the case.

As for the fundraising letter, that was done solely through the head coach and the athletic department. NOT ONE INDIVIDUAL. All you have to do is read the letter. It turned out to be a successful endeavor.

The bottom line is this, 27 boys went to camp at Temple for the day, it was a wonderful experience! For some of them this was their first time on a college campus. What better first impression then that? This may drive some of them to be better and strive for such a goal....attending a D1 college or any college for that matter.

We have a shot at a wonderful football season in '09. The team would be better served if you all would sit in the stands rather than spue garbage here which in turn only undermines their potential for success.

Guest Guest
The booster club did NOT give $1,300 towards the camp. It would be nice for people to have their facts straight before they post here. Coach asked for $30.00 per player towards the camp from the booster club. That's what he was given. Would it have been nice if the booster club could pay for the whole thing? Absoulutely! This is not the case.

As for the fundraising letter, that was done solely through the head coach and the athletic department. NOT ONE INDIVIDUAL. All you have to do is read the letter. It turned out to be a successful endeavor.

The bottom line is this, 27 boys went to camp at Temple for the day, it was a wonderful experience! For some of them this was their first time on a college campus. What better first impression then that? This may drive some of them to be better and strive for such a goal....attending a D1 college or any college for that matter.

We have a shot at a wonderful football season in '09. The team would be better served if you all would sit in the stands rather than spue garbage here which in turn only undermines their potential for success.

All I have to say is WOW. Does the KHS Coaching staff realize you are telling people to hand over their money and then sit in the stands and shut up?