'Rayberry'

Guest Guest

Don't you people think that when all the redevelopment is complete, the Red Bulls Stadium is done and the town is a showplace. The town should be re-named after our great Mayor. I think a good name would be 'Rayberry'. After all you do have a bumbling Police Department with 40+ Barney Fifes. You have a Fire Department that couldn't extinguish a fire fart. I say bring back Chicken Balls to be the Police Chief (he used to wear his uniform 24-7) All you will need is Aunt Bee because she just retired. Did you know that the 'B' in Aunt Bee stood for bun.

Don't you people think that when all the redevelopment is complete, the Red Bulls Stadium is done and the town is a showplace. The town should be re-named after our great Mayor. I think a good name would be 'Rayberry'. After all you do have a bumbling Police Department with 40+ Barney Fifes. You have a Fire Department that couldn't extinguish a fire fart. I say bring back Chicken Balls to be the Police Chief (he used to wear his uniform 24-7) All you will need is Aunt Bee because she just retired. Did you know that the 'B' in Aunt Bee stood for bun.

That's funny!!!

Guest Wise Guy

Personally I like Higginville.

Guest BlueTideBacker

"Showplace" ??? I don't know what you would consider a showplace, but you won't find it in Harrison. All these new homes will overcrowd the schools, our terrible parking situations will be worse, taxes keep going up, the town owes countless millions because of the development and kids still have nowhere to play.

Why should your kids have a place to play when the town can start out inexperienced people and secretarys $93,000.00 a year as a starting salary. The fact is that the only day you matter is on election day. GET IT.

Why should your kids have a place to play when the town can start out inexperienced people and secretarys $93,000.00 a year as a starting salary. The fact is that the only day you matter is on election day. GET IT.

That is the truth! They threw the kids out of the soccer courts the other night at 8:30 where are they supposed to go?? The Community Center closes before it is supposed to when it is open and these people are getting paid for hours they don't even work. The secretary there is in and out all day....going to the bank, store, etc..What are her hours? BTW the programs for the kids s**k there. Time for a new crew and another thing if you had fun programs for the kids then they would come. Nobody knew the Community Center was open on Sunday either. Want to save money, open the community Center from 2-9, don't need people there during the day and when the kids are off of scholl it should be open from 9-9.

How about giving the Town a Hispanic name. "Las Raygas"

That is the truth! They threw the kids out of the soccer courts the other night at 8:30 where are they supposed to go?? The Community Center closes before it is supposed to when it is open and these people are getting paid for hours they don't even work. The secretary there is in and out all day....going to the bank, store, etc..What are her hours? BTW the programs for the kids s**k there. Time for a new crew and another thing if you had fun programs for the kids then they would come. Nobody knew the Community Center was open on Sunday either. Want to save money, open the community Center from 2-9, don't need people there during the day and when the kids are off of scholl it should be open from 9-9.

BRAVO!!!!! The common sense in the above post is SUCH a breath of fresh air. Have it open after school so kids have someplace to go in the afternoons. Scares the crap out of me when I see kids wandering around town. Give them a safe, supervised place to do homework, exercise, play sports etc... Run programs that appeal to a WIDE variety of children - day in and day out - until 6:30 or 7pm or later. It is astounding and an embarrassment that in this day & age there is not someplace, other than the library, for the children of Harrison to go. Doesn't have to be free, people would be willing to pay to have a safe place for their children so the "sorry no funding" argument just doesn't cut it. This needs to be addressed BEFORE something happens to a child while wandering around town after school.

Guest BlueTideBacker
BRAVO!!!!! The common sense in the above post is SUCH a breath of fresh air. Have it open after school so kids have someplace to go in the afternoons. Scares the crap out of me when I see kids wandering around town. Give them a safe, supervised place to do homework, exercise, play sports etc... Run programs that appeal to a WIDE variety of children - day in and day out - until 6:30 or 7pm or later. It is astounding and an embarrassment that in this day & age there is not someplace, other than the library, for the children of Harrison to go. Doesn't have to be free, people would be willing to pay to have a safe place for their children so the "sorry no funding" argument just doesn't cut it. This needs to be addressed BEFORE something happens to a child while wandering around town after school.

There was an opportunity to turn Harrison into a child-friendly community by including some green space in the redevelopment area, but sadly, our mayor and council didn't see the importance of providing recreation space for our kids. Harrison is the only town I know of that doesn't have a Business Administrator to run the day to day business of the town. And they didn't use a Professional Planner to show how to include recreation space in the redevelopment area. When the inmates are running the asylum this is what you get. Just keep paying your high taxes and vote Row A.

There was an opportunity to turn Harrison into a child-friendly community by including some green space in the redevelopment area, but sadly, our mayor and council didn't see the importance of providing recreation space for our kids. Harrison is the only town I know of that doesn't have a Business Administrator to run the day to day business of the town. And they didn't use a Professional Planner to show how to include recreation space in the redevelopment area. When the inmates are running the asylum this is what you get. Just keep paying your high taxes and vote Row A.

That's right. "Vote Row "A" All the Way!" Just like Mayor Rodgers taught me.

Stop writing silly stuff. Harrison has a child friendly soccer field, baseball field and Community Recreation Center with a fully paid staff. The County Park is in Harrison. Harrison also has a redevelopment Director Mr. Higgins watching out for the good of the Town. Why hire a Business when the business of the Town is being done.

Guest BlueTideBacker
Stop writing silly stuff. Harrison has a child friendly soccer field, baseball field and Community Recreation Center with a fully paid staff. The County Park is in Harrison. Harrison also has a redevelopment Director Mr. Higgins watching out for the good of the Town. Why hire a Business when the business of the Town is being done.

A zombie has spoken, all is well in Oz. Vote Row A