Firehouse/Clubhouse

Guest Gizmo

Guest Harrison Senior
No, my name is Amy

I just stumbled upon this sight when I was looking for a firehouse playhouse for my kids.

Just reading all your comments made me mad. It seems to me as someone is jealous and won't let it go.

Why does it all have to be about money? On my department we just got a new firehouse and a new firetruck. Did we need it NO! But unfortunatly we got it. There was no need to spend that kind of money but the board listened to the chief and gave in.

I run 600 + calls a year. I do this for FREE!!!!! I think volunteering to save someone's life is worth it.

When we have down time, we clean our trucks, pack our equipment, and train, train, train. That is why our department has proven to shine every time there is a call.

Let me give you an example:

The call came in for a fully involved structure fire, it wasn't even our town, only 4 firefighters showed up from that department. They called in mutal aid from us. When we arrived we were packed up and ready to go, we hit the hydrant BEFORE the other department did. We were the one's who were first in and controlled the blaze while the department that was supposed to be in charge of their blaze was standing on the curb in front of the building watching.

YES! That pissed all of us off, but we did our job, what we were trained to do and we left clean-up for the department that stood around.

We saved the lives of innocent people, while other firefighters stood around. Obviously they don't know what they are doing and there training is not as good as ours. Did we rub it in their face. NO! We are all brothers (and sister) who stand together, there is no need to put one another down. Since that call they have done more training and have shown that they are capable of doing there job.

By the way, I don't apprecaite being called an "a**hole. My name is Amy my title C2

Barney Barney, I think you need to get some professional help. You need to step back and ask yourself if this is normal behavior. Go talk to the Chief and ask him to get you some help, your union will support you. Good luck.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest female firefighter

It's Amy

My department is located in Central Illinois.. Where are you located? You don't have to be a dumb a** to me. I just thought your behavior is way out of line.

Barney Barney, I think you need to get some professional help. You need to step back and ask yourself if this is normal behavior. Go talk to the Chief and ask him to get you some help, your union will support you. Good luck.

GIVE IT UP ALREADY YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS HELP

Guest Harrison Senior
It's Amy

My department is located in Central Illinois.. Where are you located? You don't have to be a dumb a** to me. I just thought your behavior is way out of line.

OK Barney, you win. You have a secret desire to dress like a girl and hang out with the boys. Whatever sends a tingle up your leg is fine with me.

Guest female firefighter

I thought of posting my number so you could see that indeed I am a true professional female firefighter.

But your not worth it! Your hatefullness has got the best of you. You should be ashamed of yourself!!

Your the reason why firefighters get a bad rep. I thank god that your not on my department!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

I thought of posting my number so you could see that indeed I am a true professional female firefighter.

But your not worth it! Your hatefullness has got the best of you. You should be ashamed of yourself!!

Your the reason why firefighters get a bad rep. I thank god that your not on my department!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

I thought you were a VOLUNTEER? Now you say your a professional????????

Guest Harrison Senior

Amy

Barney Barney, you need to have a good memory if you want to be a good liar. In your first post you claimed to be a volunteer (I do this for FREE!!!) Now

you claim to be a "true professional". What is it Barney, volunteer or professional ??

Guest female firefighter

I am a professional nurse, EMT and yes a professional VOLUNTEER firefighter. I have a degree in fire science. Ive passed firefighter I and II classifications.

I don't need to get paid for saving lives. That's what makes me different from you. I have a heart and I care about people and their feelings.

Money is just a material thing. I 'm well off, I don't need the money. I do it to make a difference in someone's life.

Guest Harrison Senior
I am a professional nurse, EMT and yes a professional VOLUNTEER firefighter. I have a degree in fire science. Ive passed firefighter I and II classifications.

I don't need to get paid for saving lives. That's what makes me different from you. I have a heart and I care about people and their feelings.

Money is just a material thing. I 'm well off, I don't need the money. I do it to make a difference in someone's life.

Barney, Barney, you're so confused. First you were a volunteer firefighter who put in 40 hours a week "for free". Next you were a professional firefighter.

Now you're an EMT, a "professional" volunteer firefighter (whatever that is) who puts in 40 hours a week "for free", and you're also a professional nurse

working (I presume) another 40 hour work week. AND, on top of all that you find time to be a mother to your 7 children. WOW !!

Barney, you have quite an imagination. You're an idiot, but an idiot with an imagination.

Guest female firefighter

I may be an idiot, but it got me where I am today. I take pride in my work. Yes, your right I work about 80 hours a week and I take care of my kids. I don't need sleep, it's for the weak. I stay stong and positive with my outlook on life. Maybe you should try it one day.

Stop volunteering and maybe the department would become paid.......Im sure there are some people that are not as "well off" as you that need jobs!!! Better yet why dont you become a "volunteer" nurse

Guest female firefighter

When I first started the fire department we were paid $12.00 per call, no matter how long the call lasted. We (the department) decided to give up our pay in order to have better training and new equipment. As far as my nuring status goes, I asked to be a "volunteer" nurse and was declined because I need to keep up my credit education hours. So I do get paid for that job BUT, I do donate half of each paycheck to Easter Seals.

I love my jobs and I would give my life to save another life.

Guest Harrison Senior
I may be an idiot, but it got me where I am today. I take pride in my work. Yes, your right I work about 80 hours a week and I take care of my kids. I don't need sleep, it's for the weak. I stay stong and positive with my outlook on life. Maybe you should try it one day.

Barney, now I know why you call out sick so much. You're also a nurse, an EMT, a jolly volly and you take care of 7 kids. I'm impressed.

When I first started the fire department we were paid $12.00 per call, no matter how long the call lasted. We (the department) decided to give up our pay in order to have better training and new equipment. As far as my nuring status goes, I asked to be a "volunteer" nurse and was declined because I need to keep up my credit education hours. So I do get paid for that job BUT, I do donate half of each paycheck to Easter Seals.

What in the qorld do you do with all those stamps and second of all you can get CEUs if your a volunteer........DEMAND they stop paying you...something is smelling fishey

Guest female firefighter

"stamps?" Im not sure what you are talking about. Are you refering to goverment assistance? I NEVER have lived a day on assistance. I have been fortunate enough to have plenty of money. In order to work in the hospital, they MUST pay me. I am the head supervisor of a department. I take care of critical ill babies and children. I absolutly love my job and it's very rewarding. It's my choice to give my paycheck away to Easter Seals.

I see first hand how it helps a child in need. I personally have donated over 1 million dollars to Easter Seals and I am very proud of that!!!

I do work for free when I am teaching. I go around and teach CPR to area fire departments, I have also taught several EMT classes for free.

Now tell me this...Why do people who get paid to work decide not to show up? I hear excuses after excuses and to me it's bs. Unless you are on your death bed, you better show up. A job is not for someone who is lazy and wants time off. You get nowhere in life by being a bum. If you are getting paid for a job, you have to be dedicated and you better do a damn good job every time, every day.

Guest Harrison Senior

Barney, Barney, you're amazing. 7 kids to feed and you still donate half your nurse's salary. But of course you still have your PD salary.

Boy do some of you guys have it wrong. A lot of people here have no idea what they are talking about.

1. The HFD provides at good service to the community. Beyond EMS and Fire Calls they respond to all sorts of calls.

2. Mutual Aid is provided by Harrison to Kearny and East Newark on a semi-regular basis when needed. This is essentially to provide proper fire protection to all our local communities.

3. Mutual Aid is received in Harrison from East Newark and Kearny when needed. Many times mutual aid is called for and not utilized on both ends but the importance of having mutual aid present is because very quickly with fire a small situation can become dangerous. You have to have as many assets on the scene until proper assessment and control is established.

4. Having a paid FD is fantastic service and you should be thankful. (it is well worth the tax payer money)

5. Harrison FD is trained properly. To say they aren't is ignorant of the situation.

6. The only reason the HFD wouldn't show up at one of their own emergencies first is because they were probably at another emergency/fire. Whenever this happens either East Newark or Kearny is put on Standby to cover Harrison. This goes to show indeed the HFD is slightly undermanned.

If people really want to look into saving money do something about it. Don't complain. One possible solution to save some money and keep a paid fire department is talk to Kearny and East Newark. Maybe one day down the line the 3 departments can do what "North Hudson Regional Fire & Rescue" did and combine paid departments. They could become the West Hudson Fire Company. Keeping East Newark as the lone volunteer department among the paid. This could cut some over the overhead, combine some resources (dispatch, one chief) saving the departments some money in the long run while providing more resources for our local communities.

I would be proud to be a HFF or a KFF. Unfortunately because there is no longer any town residency requirements the chances of any of our residents to be hired are slim to none.

Guest female firefighter

Who is Barney? I told you my name was Amy. Why don't you give me your phone number and I will call you myself to confirm who I am.

I don't work for the PD!!!

You must think this is some kind of joke. I am who I say I am, if you don't believe me then send me your number.

Guest Harrison Senior
Who is Barney? I told you my name was Amy. Why don't you give me your phone number and I will call you myself to confirm who I am.

You must think this is some kind of joke. I am who I say I am, if you don't believe me then send me your number.

Barney, if you want to wear panties and lipstick and call yourself Amy, that's fine with me. I wouldn't recommend letting the other cops see you dressed like that. I wonder what your 7 kids think about your cross-dressing?

Barney is a referance of Barney Fife from Andy of Mayberry RFD. In reality he is a disgruntaled cop from Harrison NJ who hates his job, hates the fire dept, hates the town, was probably given his job due to political connections, and hates anyone who disagrees with him. and as far as you being Amy from the midwest, why would you want to get involved in this stupidity unless it is for amusement only?

Barney, if you want to wear panties and lipstick and call yourself Amy, that's fine with me. I wouldn't recommend letting the other cops see you dressed like that. I wonder what your 7 kids think about your cross-dressing?

amy don't even gratify this clown with an answer I don't get this Barney thing either. Its some purple dinasaur in a kids program that I guess he watches all day. cause he does sound very childish. I cant imagine a grown up talking so stupid. I guess he didnt pass the test for the police or fire and he is just jealous. We are all sick to death with his Barney stuff. I wish there was a way to block him.

Guest female firefighter

To the guest that left the message. I couldn't agree more with you. I stumbled upon this website, it hit a nerve with me. I can't believe that an actual adult can be this cruel and hateful. Especially a firefighter! (if indeed he is a true firefighter) When you take your oath to protect and serve your community that is what it means....to serve your community, not to become an a**hole. That is what is wrong with our society today. When some people gain there status, there heads swell up and think they are bigger than badder than everyone, but at the end of the day they are just like us.

It's so unfortunate that this type of human is on the streets trying to protect people. Obviously, he doesn't deserve this job! He needs to be fired!! I wished I knew how to contact his chief because I know for a fact that his attitude would not be tolerated. I wouldn't want this type of person on my department!!!

I am a role model for my community, I want the children that live here to grow up and feel safe and to have someone that they can rely on. It's a image that they can take and grow from and maybe one day they can have the privilage of becoming a firefighter.

Guest Harrison Senior
To the guest that left the message. I couldn't agree more with you. I stumbled upon this website, it hit a nerve with me. I can't believe that an actual adult can be this cruel and hateful. Especially a firefighter! (if indeed he is a true firefighter) When you take your oath to protect and serve your community that is what it means....to serve your community, not to become an a**hole. That is what is wrong with our society today. When some people gain there status, there heads swell up and think they are bigger than badder than everyone, but at the end of the day they are just like us.

It's so unfortunate that this type of human is on the streets trying to protect people. Obviously, he doesn't deserve this job! He needs to be fired!! I wished I knew how to contact his chief because I know for a fact that his attitude would not be tolerated. I wouldn't want this type of person on my department!!!

I am a role model for my community, I want the children that live here to grow up and feel safe and to have someone that they can rely on. It's a image that they can take and grow from and maybe one day they can have the privilage of becoming a firefighter.

Barney, Barney, Barney, when are you going to give up this silly game? You've been OUTED, we all know you're the disgruntled cop that's been knocking the FD forever.

Let's recap, your screen name is Amy, you're a nurse, an EMT, a volunteer firefighter. You have 7 kids and you work 80 hours a week and donate half your nurse's salary to charity.

I feel sorry for your seven kids, you can't be a very good mother, you're never home. PS: I hope you don't run around the house in your "Amy" outfit in front of your kids.

I love how Educated posts all get ignored in these topics that deal with PD/FD stuff. The only thing that lives on is uneducated comments that half the time make little or no sense (well more then half)...

Amy I am sure you are a FF and a Nurse. Good for you. Don't let all these uneducated people get to you. Obviously they have no life. (And I'm only calling a few uneducated, maybe you guys that like to bash and be negative all the time should make an account and actually sign a name to your work)