Bookbags Too Heavy!

Guest Guest_anonymous_*

Guest Guest_anonymous_*

Can you believe that the Washington School district, is forcing our children to wear there bookbags at all times? They have to carry it to every class, and during lunchtime. A lot of kids are complaining of back pain, what were they thinking? There's an article in the Observer stating that the "Bookbags are too heavy" it causes back problems for kids that carry more than 10 % of there body weight! If you have any concerns about your child, then come to the Parent/Teacher nigh on Oct. 4 2006. At about 6:00 p.m.! WE NEED TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE!

--Anonymous

you are one of those parents who will wind up carring you kids books around school, you got to be kidding to want to B**ch about this when ther are more important issuses you should be concerened about you childrens education, you must be a nit wit ...........

Guest Attorney At Law
Can you believe that the Washington School district, is forcing our children to wear there bookbags at all times? They have to carry it to every class, and during lunchtime. A lot of kids are complaining of back pain, what were they thinking? There's an article in the Observer stating that the "Bookbags are too heavy" it causes back problems for kids that carry more than 10 % of there body weight! If you have any concerns about your child, then come to the Parent/Teacher nigh on Oct. 4 2006. At about 6:00 p.m.! WE NEED TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE!

--Anonymous

Talk to an attorney, you have a good case.

Guest Concerned Parent

you are one of those parents who will wind up carring you kids books around school, you got to be kidding to want to B**ch about this when ther are more important issuses you should be concerened about you childrens education, you must be a nit wit ...........

^^

You must obviously have no kids! I am concerned about my daughters back pains. If you had kids you would complain too. The new vice principal is from the State, and is very strict with the kids. I find that good, but I don't like the fact that the kids have to wear there bookbags all around school, and at lunch. I am very concerned on my childs education. YOUR THE ONLY NIT WIT!!

next you will be complaing that the kids are getting too much homework and its giving them headachs, tuffin' up wimpy, you are creating a bunch of whinning useless slugs ..............

^^^

I am not complaining about homework, I am worried about all the kids having to bring there bookbags everywhere! They have lockers, and closets, but are not allowed to use them! Thats bullshit! And the only wimpy is you. I guess you don't have any kids or just don't care. Do you watch the news? I guess not I bet you are the one on kearny on the web bitching about everything and not doing anything about it.

next you will be complaing that the kids are getting too much homework and its giving them headachs, tuffin' up wimpy, you are creating a bunch of whinning useless slugs ..............

^^^

I am not complaining about homework,  I am worried about all the kids having to bring there bookbags everywhere! They have lockers, and closets, but are not allowed to use them! Thats bullshit! And the only wimpy is you. I guess you don't have any kids or just don't care. Do you watch the news? I guess not I bet you are the one on kearny on the web bitching about everything and not doing anything about it.

have this check out, most schools that I hear about DO NOT allowed backpacks in the classrooms. You don't know who it toteing what. Are these bags checked out when they enter the school?

you are one of those parents who will wind up carring you kids books around school,  you got to be kidding to want to B**ch about this when ther are more important issuses you should be concerened about you childrens education, you must be a nit wit ...........

You are the only showing what a nit wit you are by posting stupid remarks. I am a proud parent as every parent should be of their children and my main priority in life is the well being of my children, and that you idiot is the most important issue in my life, as for other issues of course I am concerned and will address them as I please. If you do not like what my concerns are then please mind your business since obviously you have no children or school aged children or perhaps you choose to send them to a private school somewhere since you have no faith in the Harrison school system, I personaly don't either I just can't afford to pay for private school. Thank you

save yout money, you are going to need it for your kids bail some day, always giving them an excuse to blam every one else for your childrens screw ups because of you over protecting them from the real world and sometimes they have a burden to carry on their own

I do have children , five to be exact and they survived the system and I did not make excuses for them , today they are tax paying law abiding harrison taxpayers that can stand on their own two feet without mommy or daddy's interfearance

I do have children , five to be exact and they survived the system and I did not make excuses for them , today they are tax paying law abiding harrison taxpayers that can stand on their own two feet without mommy or daddy's interfearance

OK, yes you have the perfect family, you are a survivor and your children pay taxes in Harrison, great for them and for you. What do you think the other property owners don't pay taxes? you don't see us bragging about it, great go on with your life and your concerns. So I guess you all still live in Harrison, there is no way your children and their spouses still live here, NO WAY LIAR.

NO ONE IS MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEIR KIDS. TRY READING THE POST FIRST BEFORE ACTUALLY POSTED A COMMENT. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HEAVY BACK PACKS

have this check out, most schools that I hear about DO NOT allowed backpacks in the classrooms. You don't know who it toteing what. Are these bags checked out when they enter the school?

NO THEY DON"T CHECK THEIR BOOK BAGS. THEY TOOK THE LOCKERS AWAY FROM THE KIDS. EVERY WHERE THEY GO THEY HAVE TO CARRY THEM EVEN TO LUNCH. THEY ALSO TOOK AWAY THEIR HOMEROOM. THEY HAVE NO WHERE TO PUT HTEIR BOOKS. THEY HAVE TO CARRY THEM ALL HOME. IT'S NOT FAIR TO ALL THESE KIDS TO HAVE TO CARRY ALMOST 20 POUNDS WITH THEM ALL DAY. BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN

First , the VP is not from the State.....he worked in the district about 10 years ago....Second, shouldn't you be more concerned with the fact that Washington School is a failing school and the kids can't pass the state tests.....Third, not all classrooms have closets for coats and book bags......Where were you last year when the school was flooded and the kids were in toxic classrooms in the basement....or how come your not concerned with the shape of the building...or the bathrooms..come on ...your gonna complain about bookbags....you should be cheering that the school has done a 150% turn around....

Did you ever feel how heavy one of the Book Bags are? They carry all the books

they use in shcool in those book bags all over all day long. No lockers or no desks

to store any books or notebooks in. It is not fair to the kids, they go out to lunch

and the book bag knocks over the chairs they have to put them down on.

they do not want to wear jackets because they do not want to carry them.

Wait till winter comes, hats and gloves and Winter jackets to carry along with the

heavy book bags? We should try to find some solution and work with the school

on this matter.

And they did not have to carry their back pack all day long. This is the first year the students have to carry the packs all day. They are heavy and when they get wet from rain or snow we will have even more problems. I have no problem having my children answer for themselves and take responsibility for their actions, but carrying heavy back packs is a physical problem and our children will pay the price with back problems later. No matter how big you are or how much in shape you are your back suffers when you constantly carry heavy objects. This is a money issue for the school and a health issue for the parents

First , the VP is not from the State.....he worked in the district about 10 years ago....Second, shouldn't you be more concerned with the fact that Washington School is a failing school and the kids can't pass the state tests.....Third, not all classrooms have closets for coats and book bags......Where were you last year when the school  was flooded and the kids were in toxic classrooms in the basement....or how come your not concerned with the shape of the building...or the bathrooms..come on ...your gonna complain about bookbags....you should be cheering that the school has done a 150% turn around....

Your points are valid. The school has failed. And it is the little things as well as the big things that matter. A child who is sitting in class with an aching back and neck is not going to give 100 % attention to his classwork. The toxic school issue is important but so is the well being of our children physically and mentally. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. According to the school it is a budget problem no money to do anything about lockers and it is a time issue because instead of homeroom the kids are using that as classroom time. A solution needs to be found soon or these kids will continue to suffer.

Your points are valid.  The school has failed.  And it is the little things as well as the big things that matter.  A child who is sitting in class with an aching back and neck is not going to give 100 % attention to his classwork.  The toxic school issue is important but so is the well being of our children physically and mentally.  This is an issue that needs to be addressed.  According to the school it is a budget problem no money to do anything about lockers and it is a time issue because instead of homeroom the kids are using that as classroom time.  A solution needs to be found soon or these kids will continue to suffer.

THE ANSWER IS.

MOVE

MAYBE YOUR CHILD CAN GO ON DISABILITY LIKE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND, WITH A BAD BACK.

LISTEN ASS WIPE WHY ARE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND ON DISABILITY OR WAREFARE. A PERSON LIKE YOU WHO IS ON THIS WEB PAGE @6:31 IN THE MORNING CAN TELL THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY OR DO BUT WRITE AND TALK SHIT LIKE THE ONE THAT IS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.

FIRST OF ALL MY HUSBAND IS A HARD WORKING MAN AND SO AM I. CAN'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOUR LAZY ASS. JERK

LISTEN ASS WIPE WHY ARE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND ON DISABILITY OR WAREFARE. A PERSON LIKE YOU WHO IS ON THIS WEB PAGE @6:31 IN THE MORNING CAN TELL THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY OR DO BUT WRITE AND TALK SHIT LIKE THE ONE THAT IS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.

FIRST OF ALL MY HUSBAND IS A HARD WORKING MAN AND SO AM I. CAN'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOUR LAZY ASS.    JERK

no get it straight, i am at work at 6:31 a.m. more than i can say for you.

FIRST OF ALL MY HUSBAND IS A HARD WORKING MAN AND SO AM I. CAN'T SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOUR LAZY ASS.    JERK

You should learn on how to spell. Welfare not Warefare.

MAYBE YOUR CHILD CAN GO ON DISABILITY LIKE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND, WITH A BAD BACK.

IS THIS COUPLE'S CHILD 'ALREADY' DISABLED FROM BIRTH OR INJURY, or ARE YOU 'WISHING' OR 'HOPING' THAT IT HAPPENS TO AN 'innocent' CHILD?

Don't take out your dislike or problems with the parents on a child. That would be 'dispicable' and extremely 'lowhaned' of anyone to do!!!

If you can't wish a child well and 'all of the best', than it is 'better' to say NOTHING.