WE NEED MORE COPS NOW!!!

Guest Guest

What is being done to hire more Police Officers? I do not want class 1 officer/can't get a real job/weekend worriors.What are we gonna do when one of these specials/weekend worriors violates someones civil right cause they are not trained ect.Can Harrison afford the lawsuits.Every town that had special got into some kind of lawsuit..Hoboken just got rid of them......

FACTS 1995 67 Police Officers

2006 48

Do you feel safe and with the stadium/housing coming...get the check book ready

What is being done to hire more Police Officers? I do not want class 1 officer/can't get a real job/weekend worriors.What are we gonna do when one of these specials/weekend worriors violates someones civil right cause they are not trained ect.Can Harrison afford the lawsuits.Every town that had special got into some kind of lawsuit..Hoboken just got rid of them......

2006 48

Yes.

48 cops

10 Class one officers

5 Traffic enforcement officers.

7 Civilian dispatchers

42 Crossing guards

We hired all of these people so we would need less cops, and save money

Where can you go to be safer?

Yes.

48  cops

10 Class one officers

5  Traffic enforcement officers.

7    Civilian dispatchers

42  Crossing guards

your way off on your numbers pal. NOT SO.

LYNHURST, NEW JERSEY?

2006 48

your facts are about as whacky as this town :blink:

Yes.

48  cops

10 Class one officers

5  Traffic enforcement officers.

7    Civilian dispatchers

42  Crossing guards

we don't need more cops, we have enough to seal the daily deal,the point to make is do all 42 work? fighting crime ? pull the numbers games have all cops produce numbers on arrests, summons, taking reports then talk big change would happen. this town plays the political game not the care for the residents

Guest 21,000 new people and 500,000 sq
Yes.

48 cops

10 Class one officers

5 Traffic enforcement officers.

7 Civilian dispatchers

42 Crossing guards

Good job Ray

21,000 new people

500,000 sq ft+ commercial space

500,000sq ft of office space

25,000 to 30,000 seat stadium

I might be leaving Harrison before this mess

you got to be kidding, crossing guards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!, all of sudden we need two crossing guards per street corner ? these people are spending more time talking to one another or others and not watching the children. you need two per corner because they are half wits and have 1/2 brain each and need to be together to make 1 brain, and i also notice appearence is not a requirment , have you looked at the collection of characters we have ...............

now we are expieriencing murder and who knows what else now from our new third world harrisonian residents , who is going to protect us now , the crossing guards or the fake cops we are going to hire. we can float a 40 million dollar bond for a stadium, but our town leaders who were hired and voted for are concerened about saving money and our lives are put at risk , this is insane and maybe now they will sit up and take notice , guys elections are around the corner , take heed for maybe you are all expendable and the residents need to make the necessary steps for changes to protect ourselves. this police chief best start acting on the behalf of the people he is paid to protect in this real world and not the eutopia he thinks he has created and is living in. our elected officials better take him aside and inform him that so far he has a failing grade and it might run over on the credability of their standing with the public. november is approching , be concerened , its in you hands.........

we have a few fires a year and we maintain and are constantly hiring firemen , we have criminals praying on the public everyday and the crime rate is on the rise and you feel safe with an under maned police force ??? . and not making any effort to replace the police officers that are no longer with us, and are willing to put the safty of yourself and loved ones in the hands a of crossing guards and unarmed and untrained so called police officers ??? you got to be kidding or on some kind of drugs. i hope you are never in a situation when you need a real police officer to respond to you and yours to save you from harm.

If something ever happens to me, I want an East Newark cop to respond.

East Newark's ONE COP on duty will be at my house faster than the 5 cops on a squad in Harrison would be at it (yea, 5 when they all show up and don't call out sick. Thank you Chief for unlimited sick time), and I don't even live close to East Newark.

Guest Frank Serpico
we have a few fires a year and we maintain and are constantly hiring firemen ,  we have criminals praying on the public everyday and the crime rate is on the rise and you feel safe with an under maned police force ??? . and not making any effort to replace the police officers that are no longer with us,  and  are willing to put the safty of yourself and loved ones in the hands a of crossing guards and unarmed and untrained so called police officers ???  you got to be kidding or on some kind of drugs.  i hope you are never in a situation when you need a real  police officer to respond to you and yours to save you from harm.

Do you think thre guys on the 2nd & 3rd floor actually give a crap about the cops, or the citizens? Those two deserve each other. The ship is sinking fast boys. Hope the chief realizes that once his contract is up, McD is gonna drop him back to Capt. and there ain't nothing he can do about it. Its not like he got the spot legitimately or on merit in the first place. Because if "merit" was the "standard" the court detective would already be a Sgt. :lol:

Keep dismantling the patrol division to create new detective spots. Better rent a hall for the next Kearnstat meeting, cuz theres not enough room upstairs anymore. There's openings - PROMOTE! There is also a need for more than 2 new cops - HIRE! Don't give us that State BS anymore, because it's all lies, just like the guys on the 2nd & 3rd floor.

You are mixing up a recipe for disaster, keep it up. The boys in blue have had enough, as have the taxpayers!

Guest MARY SMITH PATH COMMUTER

YES I CAN AGREE TWO CROSSING GUARDS TO A CORNER WHAT A JOKE? YOU HAVE TWO CROSSING GUARDS AT WENDYS CORNER AND A POLICEMAN AND ONLY THEN POLICE OFFICER AND 1 CROSSING GUARD GOES INTO THE STREET.WHEN THEY TAKE THESE JOBS THEY SHOULD BE TOLD THAT THEY HAVE TO BE IN THE STREET AND NOT ON THE SIDEWAKLK. WELL THEN THAT IS WHAT THE TOWN OF HARRISON HIRES ALL THE MISFITS.BUT THEN AGAIN YOU HAVE SOME GOOD CROSSING GUARDS THE BAD APPLES RUIN IT FOR THE REST.GET OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.ENFORCE IT IS YOU JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got to be kidding,  crossing guards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!,  all of sudden we need two crossing guards per street corner ?    these people are spending more time talking to one another or others and not watching the children.  you need two per corner because they are half wits and have 1/2 brain each and need to be together to make 1 brain, and i also notice appearence is not a requirment , have you looked at the collection of characters we have ...............

DID YOU SEE THE CROSSING GUARD IS BACK FROM THE GARDENS, THIS IS HER FIFTH TIME COMING BACK, LET GO MAYOR WAKE UP AND GET SOME REAL PEOPLE THAT WANT TO WORK.

we have a few fires a year and we maintain and are constantly hiring firemen ,  we have criminals praying on the public everyday and the crime rate is on the rise and you feel safe with an under maned police force ??? . and not making any effort to replace the police officers that are no longer with us,  and  are willing to put the safty of yourself and loved ones in the hands a of crossing guards and unarmed and untrained so called police officers ???  you got to be kidding or on some kind of drugs.  i hope you are never in a situation when you need a real  police officer to respond to you and yours to save you from harm.

Read the Ovserver. When was the last time our cops made an arrest. Where is our detective bureau?

Read the Ovserver.  When was the last time our cops made an arrest.  Where is our detective bureau?

The truth of the matter is that there are a few good cops on the force that do perform and give it their all and do make arrests. The question should be when was the last time someone in the DB made an arrest.

Do you think thre guys on the 2nd & 3rd floor actually give a crap about the cops, or the citizens?  Those two deserve each other.  The ship is sinking fast boys.  Hope the chief realizes that once his contract is up, McD is gonna drop him back to Capt. and there ain't nothing he can do about it.  Its not like he got the spot legitimately or on merit in the first place.  Because if "merit" was the "standard" the court detective would already be a Sgt. :lol: 

Keep dismantling the patrol division to create new detective spots.  Better rent a hall for the next Kearnstat meeting, cuz theres not enough room upstairs anymore.  There's openings - PROMOTE!  There is also a need for more than 2 new cops - HIRE!  Don't give us that State BS anymore, because it's all lies, just like the guys on the 2nd & 3rd floor.

You are mixing up a recipe for disaster, keep it up.  The boys in blue have had enough, as have the taxpayers!

clearly you must be one of those HURT by the recent changes in schedule? it's amazing, when someone is promoted to a new position, fifty other jump on the wagon to throw their fists here. HERE is NOT THE PLACE,but then no one has the BALLS to confront the situation head on. whine whine, sounds to me like you were pulled from a COZY job that was never yours yet AGAIN???? when can we expect the lawsuit? just like the rest of the shit heads who have presented their papers. guess what,YOU DON'T HAVE A PRAYER, change is part of life, your ideal hours does fit in with this town's needs anymore. you think yourself to be educated but your not, your appearance says it all. :lol: you make this department sound retarded, when in reality we have good cops that know how too conduct themselves professionally and give one hundred percent. your in our hall of shame along with the fakers and their so called old age injuries. why do we even cater to you people????YOU MAKE ME SICK :angry::angry::angry:

arrests are being made daily but our police information officer must be under orders not to inform the public of the failure of out current police chief to get control of the rise in crime, his concern is to keep his budget at a low cost to impress our elected officials of what a great job he is doing in saving money and not lives..... he is concerened about his survival and not ours..........

you got to be kidding,  crossing guards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!,  all of sudden we need two crossing guards per street corner ?    these people are spending more time talking to one another or others and not watching the children.  you need two per corner because they are half wits and have 1/2 brain each and need to be together to make 1 brain, and i also notice appearence is not a requirment , have you looked at the collection of characters we have ...............

Who cares what people look like as long as they are doing their job, and have you noticed the traffic lately they defenitly need two crossing guards at each corner. those guards have their job cut out for them. Have you looked in the mirror lately, maybe you should have some botox.

2006 48

We need to keep the cop's out of the mini mall, if you need one that is they are .

now they only park one car in the lot,they think nobody will notice the one on 5th st and the other behind the mall on sussex.

just call the pizza place if you need a cop

the same ones are in there every night, the food must be great

How about the simple fact that crime is fact of life. But when the violent crime rises 13.5 % over the previous year that is unacceptable. The only two people that should be held accountable are the Chief and the Mayor. Who both refuse to accept that this in not Mayberry. I would guess that crime will also be higher again this year. 48 cops in not enough with 20,000 calls for service a year compared to 1996 63 officers and 10,000 calls for service. Chief Mayor do the math hire full time officers not special officers

clearly you must be one of those HURT by the recent changes in schedule? it's amazing, when someone is promoted to a new position, fifty other jump on the wagon to throw their fists here. HERE is NOT THE PLACE,but then no one has the BALLS to confront the situation head on. whine whine, sounds to me like you were pulled from a COZY job that was never yours yet AGAIN???? when can we expect the lawsuit? just like the rest of the shit heads who have presented their papers. guess what,YOU DON'T HAVE A PRAYER, change is part of life, your ideal hours does fit in with this town's needs anymore. you think yourself to be educated but your not, your appearance says it all. :lol: you make this department sound retarded, when in reality we have good cops that know how too conduct themselves professionally and give one hundred percent. your in our hall of shame along with the fakers and their so called old age injuries. why do we even cater to you people????YOU MAKE ME SICK :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Obviously buddy, you have me confused with someone else. I have not been HURT by any reassignment, I have a job to do --- and I do it, no matter what shift I'm on. I have no need or intention of filing any lawsuit. I don't have a cushy job, nor did I ever. All I do is come to work and do my job. As far as education goes, I'm a product of the Harrison school system, so hopefully you weren't one of my teachers ;) I never claimed to be a Rhodes Scholar, but reading the language of your post, I'm that much closer to being one :lol: My appearance is always professional and I treat people like I would like to be treated. If there's a hall of shame for the people that come in and do their jobs every day (even before the time when the f%uck ups, whiners and sick abusers were rewarded by the current administration) then, yeah, I'm a proud member of the hall. I'm not a faker or faked any injuries. Quite the contrary pal, I, like other "good cops" have come to work with sprains, bruises, etc. I am not afraid of the fight pal, I got no problem saying things to peoples faces. If you knew me, you would know that.

If I make you sick, then maybe you should go back and S**K off the town t!t a little more. Obviously I struck a nerve with you. Whats the matter. your free ride gonna end when the changes come? See you on the way down, s#ck@ss. I guess you think I'm someone else, well you are way off. Remind me never to let you make my weekly football picks....loser!

Obviously buddy, you have me confused with someone else.  I have not been HURT by any reassignment, I have a job to do --- and I do it, no matter what shift I'm on.  I have no need or intention of filing any lawsuit.  I don't have a cushy job, nor did I ever.  All I do is come to work and do my job.  As far as education goes, I'm a product of the Harrison school system, so hopefully you weren't one of my teachers :lol:  I never claimed to be a Rhodes Scholar, but reading the language of your post, I'm that much closer to being one :angry: My appearance is always professional and I treat people like I would like to be treated.  If there's a hall of shame for the people that come in and do their jobs every day (even before the time when the f%uck ups, whiners and sick abusers were rewarded by the current administration) then, yeah, I'm a proud member of the hall.  I'm not a faker or faked any injuries.  Quite the contrary pal, I, like other "good cops" have come to work with sprains, bruises, etc.  I am not afraid of the fight pal, I got no problem saying things to peoples faces. If you knew me, you would know that. 

If I make you sick, then maybe you should go back and S**K off the town t!t a little more.  Obviously I struck a nerve with you.  Whats the matter. your free ride gonna end when the changes come?  See you on the way down, s#ck@ss.  I guess you think I'm someone else, well you are way off.  Remind me never to let you make my weekly football picks....loser!

I KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE..MOMMY COULDN'T CHANGE THEIR MINDS. I SEE HER ALOT AT THE TOWN MEETINGS WHY IS THAT? HOPING TO PULL A MIRACLE? THE ONLY CHANGE COMING IS WHEN YOUR DEPENDS CAN NO LONGER HOLD UP YOUR CRUSTY ASS. SAY IN ABOUT TWO YRS? :angry::angry: