Harrison HS Football

Guest *Simple*

I just checked the rosters on the football website. The Pee Wee team has 1 coach who has a kid on the team. There are 22 kids on the team. So you're saying only 1 kid plays the whole game? Last I checked, they have to 11 kids on the field for offense and defense. So how many positions is that kid playing at a time? He must be realllllllly tired after the game.,

On to the Juniors. Again, 1 coach with 1 kid on the team. 17 kids on the team. Again, one tired kid.

Seniors: 2 coaches with i kid each on the team. 19 on the team. Hurray for the seniors, at least they have TWO kids sharing the load!

2 peewee coaches with kids if you count the guy with the tattoos.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO way......You don't have to do much learning by the time you reach his status....You LEARN coaching pop warner,

you LEARN coaching freshman and JV football, by the time you are a varsity head coach, you either KNOW or are

a mummy who'll NEVER learn.

Were talking about a high school football coach. He doesn't have to be a Pro. If he didn't have the credentials he wouldn't be coaching anything.

Were talking about a high school football coach. He doesn't have to be a Pro. If he didn't have the credentials he wouldn't be coaching anything.

With a bachelors degree you can coach anything you want (I don't think you even need a degree) The problem

of being good at what you're coaching is a whole different story. Most of these kids will never play football again.

Lets be fair about this. Harrison Varsity lost against St. Marys and have lost against them every year since they started playing them. Reason is, St. Marys is a privite school who can recruit players from anywhere. Our coaches do their best with the talent they have. Did you know that the sub-varsity beat St. Marys in that same week? (the future looks good). As for this week; The Varsity was able to hold Emerson to a scoreless game for the first three and a half quarters of the game. In this case someone had to lose; this time it was the Blue Tide. There may be many reasons for this loss and one of them surely was exhaustion by players having to play both ways.

Why don't you all come out to the Sub-Varsity game on Monday night (at Home) and watch our team beat the Emerson Sub-Varsity. You won't be disappointed in the level of play, I promise you.

In any case this is our team, for better or worse. Being coached by the lowest paid Coaches in the State of NJ (thanks to recient salery reductions) who continue to do their absolute best regardless of the negitive posts on this site. I for one will continue to attend all the games I can and root on our football teams as I have over many years because these are our kids and I want them to know someone still believes in them.

Im a parent of a player who plays both jv and varsity,, and he comes home beat up from practice every day i tell him even if their losing to bring his A game everytime and he does i go to his games 1 on friday and 1 monday with the occasioal saturday...i understand u guys have negative thoughts and feeling regarding the coaches, but to say the kids are destined to lose is sad, and it makes me happy to read the above paragraph which is well put . I WILL ALSO continue to support my son the school and any coach that is there no matter who since it is him who is giving my son a lessons and keeping him off the streets..

• 4 weeks later...
who is the backup QB for the High School team? i think he is #7. He is good, why isnt he the starter? maybe he can lead them to some wins

I believe that is the "so-called" head coach's brother, I think he is only a sophomore, so if he is good than maybe the future could be bright.

With a bachelors degree you can coach anything you want (I don't think you even need a degree) The problem

of being good at what you're coaching is a whole different story. Most of these kids will never play football again.

60 credits and you can get in the classroom.

Not sure about on the field.

Anyone know?

What are the state requirements?

60 credits and you can get in the classroom.

Not sure about on the field.

Anyone know?

What are the state requirements?

60 credits, clean fingerprint check, substitute teacher certification, and here are the two new one's CPR certification, and 1/2 a brain (which he don't posess) will get you on the field.

60 credits, clean fingerprint check, substitute teacher certification, and here are the two new one's CPR certification, and 1/2 a brain (which he don't posess) will get you on the field.

Instead of bad mouthing the football staff, maybe they would be better served by you getting a education, bring all your talents, and abilities let you take over, with all your knowledge. No, wait a minute, your just anothr as-ho-- who has alot to say and nothing to give, go back under the rock you came from, and leave the thinging be people who are more in the know...........Also I know the PD doesn't know what they are doing, and the FD doesn't know what they are doing. If your so smart, and know all the answers, try to take more of a leadership role, or shut the f--k up........

There's also a coaching certification course that has to be completed in a year.You also have to be interviewed and then hired by the B.O.E.The idea is that it is an educational position.It is not for the local hero who wants to import all his expertise to the youth of America

Instead of bad mouthing the football staff, maybe they would be better served by you getting a education, bring all your talents, and abilities let you take over, with all your knowledge. No, wait a minute, your just anothr as-ho-- who has alot to say and nothing to give, go back under the rock you came from, and leave the thinging be people who are more in the know...........Also I know the PD doesn't know what they are doing, and the FD doesn't know what they are doing. If your so smart, and know all the answers, try to take more of a leadership role, or shut the f--k up........

"thinging be people"?? learn english you f--king idiot!!

There's also a coaching certification course that has to be completed in a year.You also have to be interviewed and then hired by the B.O.E.The idea is that it is an educational position.It is not for the local hero who wants to import all his expertise to the youth of America

not quite...just checked the state website..the coaching certification course is for anybody who is a new young coach, If you have already been a coach at the high school level, then you don't have to take the cert. course.

Guest *harrisonian*

Hats off to the entire Harrison Varsity Football Team for pulling out another victory against Central High School of Newark, I like to thank the coaches of the team for a fine job and for the time and dedication they give to our team and community and I'm looking forward to the NA game, the last game of the season so all you Harrisonians that read this message come out and support our team. It's going to get better from here I know it.

Hats off to the entire Harrison Varsity Football Team for pulling out another victory against Central High School of Newark, I like to thank the coaches of the team for a fine job and for the time and dedication they give to our team and community and I'm looking forward to the NA game, the last game of the season so all you Harrisonians that read this message come out and support our team. It's going to get better from here I know it.

You just "know" nothing because it's going to get WORSE!!! Soccer is the name of the game!!

Come Support the young men wednesday at North Arlington at 7 p.m. ...always a good rivalry game and a chance to support a couple men who have dedicated 4 years of their lives to the program and the town...it is very sad to see the way people talk about the boys and the coaches on this site...the name of the game isnt always winning...the coaches are trying to keep the kids off the streets and trying to build their characters to become a better person...the players themselves are learning about the sport and also about what it is to have responsibility, build friendships and become a better person...A lot of you people don't even realize that for some of these players their coaches are the only male role models they have in their lives...instead of criticizing everybody you should appreciate the young athletes in this town whether they play football, soccer, baseball, etc....i hope to see the people who care about these men at the game esp. the alumni who played football...i think it would be nice to maybe start some type of tradition where the team and the former players meet and maybe share food together...these are the type of ideas you guys should be sharing on this site

Come Support the young men wednesday at North Arlington at 7 p.m. ...always a good rivalry game and a chance to support a couple men who have dedicated 4 years of their lives to the program and the town...it is very sad to see the way people talk about the boys and the coaches on this site...the name of the game isnt always winning...the coaches are trying to keep the kids off the streets and trying to build their characters to become a better person...the players themselves are learning about the sport and also about what it is to have responsibility, build friendships and become a better person...A lot of you people don't even realize that for some of these players their coaches are the only male role models they have in their lives...instead of criticizing everybody you should appreciate the young athletes in this town whether they play football, soccer, baseball, etc....i hope to see the people who care about these men at the game esp. the alumni who played football...i think it would be nice to maybe start some type of tradition where the team and the former players meet and maybe share food together...these are the type of ideas you guys should be sharing on this site
What a bunch of crap! I'll be in Vinnie's All-Star wednesday night with the rest of the alumni. Win and you'll get more support, stop begging people to go to the games! Better yet, bring back Wood's Tavern and put it next to N.A.s field. I guarantee a packed stands for at least the first quarter?

What a bunch of crap! I'll be in Vinnie's All-Star wednesday night with the rest of the alumni. Win and you'll get more support, stop begging people to go to the games! Better yet, bring back Wood's Tavern and put it next to N.A.s field. I guarantee a packed stands for at least the first quarter?

HeHe....I'll be sitting next to you...getting crocked myself, besides, the real team already WON the state title.