Harrison HS Football

Guest *Simple*

Wake up Dummy, you have probably lived in this town long enough to realize that when these kids were younger, JFK and WHP were available to these kids. knowlegable/knowledgeable who gives a crap, stop being an idiot and see the facts for what they are!!! If you can that is?

Read the post again and your original if this is you - one and the same..... you nit pick on the spelling (your original reply) and you don't answer the question I ask.

JFK was never open -"open" and WHP is open for all -"all too many". What is wrong with my town having facilities of it's own and for it's own? My tax dollar demands it. Yeah

that's right Double B.

Hit a nerve, are you one of the chosen or a relation who's angry! Angry that people who care more about all Harrisonians, not just themselves, want

more from their town administration than is being delivered. Wake up pal, nothing is on tap for the people of Harrison who live here now. Correction, my mistake, we'll be

footing the bill for all the infrastructure required to operate Harrison South for all it's new population. You 're the one doing the sleeping, you better lay off the snooze aid.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BULLCRAP! A coach shows his ability by making something out of nothing. In the 80's The Tide won the state championship(Great Coach) with less fields and no or a very little recreation program. The youth football league was brand new at the time. You have the balls to tell me that in almost 25 years our football programs downfall is the result of the Mayor and council. How about just being competitive. Every town has soccer and football and the kids either play one or the other. A coach could have the best team in the state but unless he has the ability to bring out the very best in the players than he is just going to continue to make a joke of himself and make the players who are trying to compete look like losers. (and it's not their fault it's the head coaches fault)) Two games, no touchdowns and outscored 52-0. Is a disgrace and coach Nank had better put one in the End Zone soon or it's going to be 0-10 before you know it. The coach won't care though he'll still get his check at the end of the season! No matter how it makes the players feel.

This post to me sounds like someone who just doesn't like the head coach. If you knew him you would know he cares. If you have such a problem with him schedule an appointment and take it up with him. Or better yet call up the Board of Ed. get certified and volunteer your time and so called expertise and help out. Everyone here thinks they have all the answers, so step up or shut up

Maybe before opening up your mouths you should find out what the coachs background is. You might be surprised. He's doing the best he can with what he has to work with. You all have a lot to say but half of you probably don't have the necessary qualifications to coach any sport. Before critizing anyone you should step in their shoes and find out for yourself what's involved and maybe you will find out that's it's not as simple as you think.

And if you care so much about the program, why don't you rally up all these people who have so much to say and maybe we'll have more than 10 fans in the bleachers.

If your such an expert, than What is his professional backround?? Crocheting...maybe??? Maybe if you paid US to go to the games, then we would!! ;)

Maybe before opening up your mouths you should find out what the coachs background is. You might be surprised. He's doing the best he can with what he has to work with. You all have a lot to say but half of you probably don't have the necessary qualifications to coach any sport. Before critizing anyone you should step in their shoes and find out for yourself what's involved and maybe you will find out that's it's not as simple as you think.

And if you care so much about the program, why don't you rally up all these people who have so much to say and maybe we'll have more than 10 fans in the bleachers.

rally up 10 fans in the bleachers to do what?? Talk? eat hot dogs??

This post to me sounds like someone who just doesn't like the head coach. If you knew him you would know he cares. If you have such a problem with him schedule an appointment and take it up with him. Or better yet call up the Board of Ed. get certified and volunteer your time and so called expertise and help out. Everyone here thinks they have all the answers, so step up or shut up

Somebody should have the answer, because it sure is obvious he don't.

Read the post again and your original if this is you - one and the same..... you nit pick on the spelling (your original reply) and you don't answer the question I ask.

JFK was never open -"open" and WHP is open for all -"all too many". What is wrong with my town having facilities of it's own and for it's own? My tax dollar demands it. Yeah

that's right Double B.

Hit a nerve, are you one of the chosen or a relation who's angry! Angry that people who care more about all Harrisonians, not just themselves, want

more from their town administration than is being delivered. Wake up pal, nothing is on tap for the people of Harrison who live here now. Correction, my mistake, we'll be

footing the bill for all the infrastructure required to operate Harrison South for all it's new population. You 're the one doing the sleeping, you better lay off the snooze aid.

The bottomline Oswald (DA) is IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO GET IT DONE!!!

Guest Oswald
The bottomline Oswald (DA) is IF YOU WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, YOU WILL FIND A WAY TO GET IT DONE!!!

Easier said then done. Yes, really. That bottom line you speak of doesn't apply to the youngsters and the specific needs the post is targeting. They are forgotten and if someone should perhaps push the issue they are discounted as not a priority here. If you only knew. But change is coming and while the hope is for sooner than later, later will be welcomed.

If your such an expert, than What is his professional backround?? Crocheting...maybe??? Maybe if you paid US to go to the games, then we would!! :angry:

Oh I see your obvisously jealous that someone is getting paid and someone like you is not. I understand now your just jealous these coaches have the qualifications to coach and you just have the qualifications to do NOTHING.

If you were so concerned about how the team is doing maybe you should consider coming to support them.

Typical behavior of someone who is not educated. Thanks for the laughs you give us all with your stupid comments.

Oh I see your obvisously jealous that someone is getting paid and someone like you is not. I understand now your just jealous these coaches have the qualifications to coach and you just have the qualifications to do NOTHING.

If you were so concerned about how the team is doing maybe you should consider coming to support them.

Typical behavior of someone who is not educated. Thanks for the laughs you give us all with your stupid comments.

OK genious....now pay up, 3 bucks a ticket multiplied by 10 ahha!! That's 30 bucks genious!!!!!

I'm getting a laugh at all your childishness and stupidity!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME THE HIGH SCHOOL FIELD IS LOCKED TIGHTER THAN FORT KNOX UNLESS OF COURSE IT IS FOR SOCCER - DOLLARHAN IS ALL ABOUT SOCCER - AND THE TURF BY HOLY CROSS HELL THE KIDS CANT GET ON THERE TO MANY ADULT SOCCER PLAYERS TO CONTEND WITH AND DONT FORGET ALL THE PERUVIAN LEAGUES THAT TAKE PREFERENCE OVER THE KIDS OF THIS TOWN. IF IT AINT SOCCER IT DONT MEAN SHIT- JUST TAKE ALOOK AT THE RECREATION SOCCER LEAGUES UNIFORMS COMPARED TO THE RECREATION FOOTBALL UNIFORMS NO WONDER FOOTBALL GETS NO RESPECT IN OTHER TOWNS WE LOOK LIKE HOBOS - SHIRTS DONT EVEN MATCH THE PANTS.

BOTTOM LINE IS NO FIELDS - NO PRACTICE AREAS- NOBODY IN POWER GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE KIDS OF THIS TOWN

Lets take a look at the recreation's soccer league uniforms...the kids where t shirts..nothing special. The fact of the matter is that the soccer team wins year in and year out and that is why they recieve the treatment they recieve . The problem with the football team starts with the wieght room. The weight room at HHS is terrible. Old equipment and weights from the stone ages. They need to get in the weight room in the off season to be a good competitive team. There is no way they can compete if they do not lift. Some one should get on the horn and try to get that weight room re-done. Also the HS coaches need to find a way to tap into the lower levels, whether it be by running clinics for the youger kids or starting a flag football league in the spring for the middle school students. By having the hs coaches run a spring flag football league or hold clinics through out the year, it allows the players to identify with the coaches by the time they get to the HS and it also helps to keep kids in the program. The bottom line is that there needs to be some type of feeder system put in place thats better than the one we have now. The HS coaches need to find a way to get involved in the lower levels in order to get enough numbers to be competitive.

Guest that's right
You left out that he also had an enormously talented group of kids.There aren't many Manginis or Coughlins or Vince Lombardis applying for the Harrison coaching positions,There are an excellent group of young men who are willing give their time for very little money because they care about Harrison kids,We have a very hard working group of kids who really want to win but there may not be enouh of them with the talent to succeed for 4 Quarters

.Everyone ,though ,is still doing their parts.

You only need to look 3 miles up the road to QP where a multiple "Coach of the Year "winner who has the power to recruit and pick and choose his players is 0-3.Toto we're not in Hoboken anymore.He's only making $95,000 more a year than our coaches.

So what's the answer? In Harrison for the next few years it's waiting for the perfect storm where enormously talented kids who are enormous meet the good coaches that we have.In the meantime you should be happy in the fact that we have a program with 40 kids who still want to win and coaches who still care about the kids win or lose.

You know you really don't know.I'm sure that if you could meet all the qualifications to even walk on the field as a volunteer ,you wouldn't want to give up a large portion of your summer for pre season.Then I'm sure running a post season condition program with athletes who are also playing two other sports would be out of the question.

Just come out and support the kids .Then everyone will be a winner.

Amen ,Brother

Guest Someone who knows
The seniors kids were instructed by their current coaches not to go out last year because they didn't want hinchy back in control!!!!!

THAT IS SUCH BS!!!!! Where do you people get your information or do you just feel the need to make it up???? Hinchy is the one who cancelled the team after coaching for a month and no kids showed up. The kids who really wanted to play ended up in Kearny. You have no idea what the current coaches and parents went through to recruit enough kids for this year's program so mind you own f*k*ing business for once and stop spreading lies. BTW, how does coaching A team make you in control???

Guest Puuuuuuuulease
That's B.S. The coaches on the pee-wees and seniors are only coaching because there kids are on the teams. As their kids move up to the next level so do the parents. so don't sit there tell me that these guys are doing it for the community.and by the way another person did try to volunteer his time and he was told to screw.

No, as a matter of fact, he wasn't told to screw! He managed to mess it up all by himself. Roid rage is not tolerated and should not be tolerated on any level never mind a pop warner level. He can blame himself for having to sit far away from everyone else at the games!!

Guest Parent
pee wee coaches are a joke. you got kids standing around at practice and games doin nothing and the coaches could give a rat's a$$ because all they care about is winning. at this level every kid should get into the game because it should be about learning and experience not just winning. and then you wonder why kids lose interest and don't come back. teach them something for heavens sake.

Spoken like a parent without a clue!! Maybe the parents should stick around at practice instead of dropping their kid off for 2 hours of free babysitting. Then they would know why come game time their kid doesn't play.

Guest so annoying!!!
YES I HAVE SEEN THE THE SENIOR TEAM AND IT'S A SHAME BECAUSE THEY DO HAVE SOME TALENTED KIDS, BUT THE COACHES DON'T HAVE A CLUE. THEY ONLY FOCUS ON THE "SUPERSTARS" AND LEAVE ALL OF THE OTHER KIDS BEHIND. THAT'S WHY NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY FOR THEM, EXCEPT THEIR OWN KIDS. THE ONLY LEVEL THAT I CAN SAY HAS A GENUINELY GOOD COACH WHO REALLY KNOWS THE GAME IS THE JUNIOR LEVEL COACH. MORE LIKE HIM AND YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD PROGRAM OTHERWISE YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF GUYS WHO ONLY CARE ABOUT WINNING AND THEIR OWN KIDS AND THAT IS REALLY A SHAME FOR ALL THE KIDS INVOLVED.

and who exactly would these "superstars" be?? obviously not your kid!!! last I checked there were 2 senior kids with fathers coaching and theres about 20 kids on the team - let me do the math for ya - that's 18 OTHER kids who want to play for the coaches!! caring about winning is not such a bad thing either genius!

Guest pop warner
think that's bad??? have you seen the senior pop warner team this year? coaches who only care about their own and think their kid is the next big nfl star. it's real obvious at the peewee level where they have deemed one kid the star and show no regard whatsoever for anyone else. it's a shame because this is how you lose kids and with the numbers already low they better hope they don't steer anymore away with their selfish coaching tactics.

the 2 best kids on sr level don't have a parent coaching - so again you have NO f*k*i*n*g clue!!! the only problem with the team is the parents in the stands who think their kid is going to the NFL! how about you let the kids play and have fun - ever think of that?? you didn't make the NFL so get over it that your kid isn't either! There are quite a few real good players on the pee wees - next game watch the kids who are doing their job blocking!! That kid's father by the way is not calling the offensive plays.

the 2 best kids on sr level don't have a parent coaching - so again you have NO f*k*i*n*g clue!!! the only problem with the team is the parents in the stands who think their kid is going to the NFL! how about you let the kids play and have fun - ever think of that?? you didn't make the NFL so get over it that your kid isn't either! There are quite a few real good players on the pee wees - next game watch the kids who are doing their job blocking!! That kid's father by the way is not calling the offensive plays.

It's true. If your father ain't a coach then forget about gettting to play the whole game. But then again how many kids have fathers.

Guest Blue Tide Fan
It's true. If your father ain't a coach then forget about gettting to play the whole game. But then again how many kids have fathers.

What a nasty thing to say. Do YOU have a father? Maybe you should ask him to teach you some manners.

I just checked the rosters on the football website. The Pee Wee team has 1 coach who has a kid on the team. There are 22 kids on the team. So you're saying only 1 kid plays the whole game? Last I checked, they have to 11 kids on the field for offense and defense. So how many positions is that kid playing at a time? He must be realllllllly tired after the game.,

On to the Juniors. Again, 1 coach with 1 kid on the team. 17 kids on the team. Again, one tired kid.

Seniors: 2 coaches with i kid each on the team. 19 on the team. Hurray for the seniors, at least they have TWO kids sharing the load!

Moses could'nt lead this team! It's a good fit when the head coach and the team both have the same talent=DISASTER!!!!!!!Another 0-10 embarrassment for all involved. After this year the program will be eliminated. It's a waste just to put gas into the buses whatta shame! Horrible coach selection.

Its not about the gas u moron its about the boys that play during football season it keeps their time occupied with postive work not on the streets . Even if they lose they still played a game which is more than i can say for the towns people who dont even support the good kids all u guys do here is complain about them but when they do someting good u should acknowledge it....

Its not about the gas u moron its about the boys that play during football season it keeps their time occupied with postive work not on the streets . Even if they lose they still played a game which is more than i can say for the towns people who dont even support the good kids all u guys do here is complain about them but when they do someting good u should acknowledge it....

Here, I will acknowledge it for you....first, you get a piece of paper that signifies a paper win over a J.V. team,

and second, every time you play a real hs football team, you get handed your asses!! Why is that??

and who exactly would these "superstars" be?? obviously not your kid!!! last I checked there were 2 senior kids with fathers coaching and theres about 20 kids on the team - let me do the math for ya - that's 18 OTHER kids who want to play for the coaches!! caring about winning is not such a bad thing either genius!

At this level, it should be about "learning" the game with less emphasis on just winning or how many touchdowns a kid has. Not saying this kid isn't good, but when coaches put all of the attention on one player, when it takes a TEAM to win, it's just not right!!

Amen, they should stop showing their ignorance: Anyone who knows about football knows there is more to the game than winning. If the coach is teaching the boys discipline, team work, to strive toward a goal, he is doing all he can. Just because a kid doesn't get a hundred on a math test doesn't mean the teacher is no good.

We have a young new coach and everyone knows he is probably learning a lot more about coaching than the kids are learning about football. It will be a season or two before we see if he learned his lessons. In the mean time get off his back.

Amen, they should stop showing their ignorance: Anyone who knows about football knows there is more to the game than winning. If the coach is teaching the boys discipline, team work, to strive toward a goal, he is doing all he can. Just because a kid doesn't get a hundred on a math test doesn't mean the teacher is no good.

We have a young new coach and everyone knows he is probably learning a lot more about coaching than the kids are learning about football. It will be a season or two before we see if he learned his lessons. In the mean time get off his back.

NO way......You don't have to do much learning by the time you reach his status....You LEARN coaching pop warner,

you LEARN coaching freshman and JV football, by the time you are a varsity head coach, you either KNOW or are

a mummy who'll NEVER learn.